main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Meeting in June?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaurenFett, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I know I'm not really in charge of deciding this (I haven't even been to a meeting yet!), but I leave for Utah on June 10th, and I can't wait to become a part of your FanForce. Like I've said before, there's few people here in Delaware that appreciate Star Wars...so when you meet in June, can it be after June 10th? Puleeeease?

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm sure everyone would br willing to do what they can.

Or if not, we'll gather up some sort of party or something.

Are you living on campus?

3. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm up for something in june! Does anybody have suggestions?

Here's an idea for what we could do: (semi-ressurecting the old mini-fanfilm idea)
    Remember those "Drugs support Terrorism" commercials? They intercut quotes of "I was just having some fun, everybody's doing it," and "I helped a terrorist get a passport"; "I bombed a crowded restaraunt in columbia."
    What if we did a mini-commercial spoofing that, as imperial propaganda against the rebels. Quotes could be things such as "I maim innocent creatures in cantinas." "I helped rebels steal military secrets" "I killed innocent construction workers on the second death star." It could close with the text, "Spice money supports the Rebel Alliance."
    Whaddaya think?

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I never saw teh "Drugs support terrorism"

But I STILL want to do my Monty Python/Star Wars crossover.

5. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Lol, I can only imagine...

6. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    When school starts, I will be staying at Heritage Halls. Until then, my grandparents (who live very close to the MTC) have offered to take me in while I find a full-time job and meet some people. I'm very excited about joining this group...it means meeting people who I already share a common interest with. It really doesn't matter hat we do...it'll be fun just being with y'all! How many people usually come (or, rather, how many single guys usually come? just kidding ;-))? Do you normally meet monthly? Should I bring something? Where do you meet? I hope it's not far away...I'll only have a bike...

7. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    To answer a few questions....

We do meet monthly. About half of the meetings through the year are Star Wars oriented, and the remaining six are service oriented. After all...there is more to life than Star Wars. ;)

For the June meeting, I would like to use Trish's suggestion of thanking the Scera theatre for working with us on Star Wars Opening Night. I would also propose that we
    design a group logo (for use as an icon), perhaps a chapter name (or will we simply go with Star Wars Utah?), and possibly a design for group t-shirts.

Bring all ideas. We'll be gathering at my home on June 8 @ 7:00 pm.

8. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I should be able to make it, my sisters shower should be done with by 3 that afternoon. Why does the brides maid have to throw a shower anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.