main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Meeting Info

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaina02, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I hope somebody gets this meeting thing together for the Houston SW/fans soon...
    Everytime I come back here, we're talking about it but not doing it....

I live in West Houston by the Galleria, but I'm training in the Woodlands this week...

If somebody PM's me before the day is over I'll get some more info on this...

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, as the results of the poll show:

9 people have voted.
    7 of which voted for next weekend, + 1 more because I found out I can go next weekend, too.

Soo, 8 people have voted for next weekend, but we're divided between the days: Saturday & Sunday.

We need to make a decision between the two, now & get it together.

3. Darling

Darling Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    hallo! Goldbubbly here<banned in mafia game> i have two friends that think they can make it in addition to the numbers we have from the boards. So we have enough people! The where though is still a problem. Is Greenspoint to far for anyone? I know of a little mexico restaurant there that's ok, and if not that place, there are other eating establishments around there.

WHat do ya'll think?

-Goldy

4. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I really wish I could go guys, but I'm not going to be available on Sat (b/c of Prom) and Sunday is going to be devoted to sleeping b/c after prom we have project prom and that's from 1 to 6 in the morning. Have fun and keep me updated on what goes on!

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Jaina, don't worry about it. We wish you could go too, but prom is a somewhat understandable excuse. :) Have fun!

As for the meeting, it looks like we can easily narrow it down to next Saturday, since that seems to be the best time for everyone.

So, now we need to pick a place and topics of discussion.

Suggestions have been made for Greenspoint, Galleria, and Gulf Freeway/Beltway areas. goldbubbly suggested a TexMex (yum) restaurant.

I agree that wherever we pick needs to be more central. I live right by AMC Gulfpoint 30 (Gulf Freeway/Beltway), as Bebo does, but I wouldn't really consider that central.

What do y'all think?

And, we need to come up with topics of discussion and a time of day.

6. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i will go to the amc 30 area if most of the people are from there. if we go to the north side, you don't hit alot of good places till you get to greenspoint or 1960.
    as i said on the other topic, we need a time (3 or 4) that it wouldn't be as busy, so as to get a table for 8.
    as for topics: spoilers, lineups, midnight madness, costumes, etc...?

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Why don't we try a central place for everyone? Maybe, close to downtown or the Village?

I figure we at least need to discuss: May 16 theater locations and lines for ticket sales, and the formation/organization of our FF chapter on a whole. (Midnight Madness will have already occurred - it's this Monday night). What else?

8. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    Wow...

I'm interested and would love to participate as an active member. Hope you'll have me.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    We want and need as many people as we can get. We seem to be struggling with finding people, as odd as it may seem in a city the size of Houston. But, I assume if we just give it a little time to get rolling, we'll bring the group up to size. :)

Everyone is very welcome and we would love to have you! :D

10. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    of course we want you weaves!

so...greenspoint to far...well...hummm see i live about twenty minutes outside of houston, so going any farther south than downtown is pushing it and probably not plausible... :(

Topics for discussion can run the gamut from starwars anything to our FF and things about it. THings to think about FF wise would be a 'motto' if we want one etc. Shouldn't be hard to find something to talk about! :D

-Goldy

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Greenspoint does seem a little far. But, if that's where everyone wanted to do it, I would go.

We need to get some other opinions in here & decide. :) Afterall, it is Sunday, and the meeting planned will be in 6 days.

So...Right now, we need to decide:

WHERE
    Time of day

:D

12. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Weaves lives!

Hey bro if you still have that list, will you e-mail it to me again. I seem to have umm...misplaced it :D
    I am trying to compile a list with names, e-mails and numbers of SW fans here in Houston. Most of you new folks here on the boards, I don't guess I've met. But I do know several HUGE fans from church, the fan-film we are working on and the local comic book store. Unfortunately it's hard to get them all on the same forum. For so long, this board was dormant, now that it has picked up, we may find folks who have been "lurkers" to actually chime in and say hello so that we can get a fairly accurate count. Weaves could probably tell you that the first time we had a fan force meeting, several folks that are "lurkers" here, showed up.
    my e-mail is tadlock11@hotmail.com
    you can try me there or send me a private message through TFN and we'll get something cooking.

Buck

13. weaves

Jul 6, 2001
    Yes....I am alive...I think

I sent you that list so check your mail account. Dude...you HAVE to download that Jango Fett bounty hunter tv spot they have online....you would dig it!!!

With respect to the fanforce meeting this weekend, I propose this:

Greenspoint (since that was agreed upon)
    Brown Sugar's BBQ (best potato salad in houston...though not the best place for the vegetarian fans, if there are any)

111 Greens Rd 77060 281 876 4443

Time: make it anywhere from 3:00PM - 8:00PM...this is a window of time which would allow people to come and go as they please...later, a shorter more pre-arranged time would be good since after your first 2 or 3 meets you would have a definitive list of people...

brown sugars is a cafeteria style bbq restaturant and would be perfect for large groups...

just an idea though...

if i am able to make the proposed time i'll bring you or e-mail my fanforce e-mail list that i compiled last fall when this was last attempted, i have no doubt that some of you are already on it....it also contains some evidence that a fanforce meeting already took place (it hink this is relevant to a fanforce charter)...

if you really want a meeting tonight just stand in line at toys r us in baybrook and you'll find me, specialagentcooper, and i'm sure many other familiar faces who really really really really want a fanforce here in town...i'll help and i'm here to serve-

14. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Yeah, greenspoint area is good for me and another friend of mine who's yet to chime in, but that I'm sure is interested. Saturday is good, Saturday afternoon is even better and 3 - 8 is perfect. Hope we can get it together.

Weaves, don't forget to get me that Dooku ;)

15. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    I personally don't have a problem with what weaves has said about time and location. A suggestion for those who for some reason can't find the BBQ place or wherever we decide on, go to mapquest.com and it turns out i have a festival that day till 4, 5pm or after would be good for me...

-Goldy

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    "I'm with you, too."

17. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Wow....I come back and the SW/fans of Houston have united.....I will cry, but after I get to Greenspoint on Saturday...
    Weaves, good to see you still live...I will be intouch....
    Solidify that time and place boys and girls and I'm there...
    I think 5-8pm on Saturday will be great..
    I'm in for that...

for the Houston fans [915-1768]

18. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I hope you guys have a GREAT time this weekend. While you are all discussing Star Wars and lineups and stuff, I'll be putting on make up and doing my hair for prom. Remember to try and keep me up to date with what happens this weekend and start thinking of another date for another meeting soon!

BTW, what happened to specialagentcooper... she kinda disappeared off the boards.

19. weaves

Jul 6, 2001
    ok...

i'm cool with this idea...but i think that goldbubbly and queenie need to solidify things...

im not leading fanforce this time around...i just want to participate:)...so whoever is getting this thing off of the ground should make a decision about saturday and post the meeting place as a new topic so that we can plan ahead...

i think i'll post a new figure search topic...

whoops heres my edit:

special agentcooper is still around...she's just a busy girl nowadays....

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Weaves and I have informed Specialagentcooper about the meeting, but her schedule doesn't allow for Saturday's during the days, not currently, anyway.

21. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    This Saturday, April 27 at 6 pm, Houston will have a Fan Force meeting, and we hope to get the ball rolling on this chapter.

We will be meeting at Brown Sugar's BBQ. The address and telephone number is:

111 Greens Rd
    Houston, TX
    (281) 876 - 4443

We will be discussing the upcoming ticket sales and the release of Attack of the Clones, suggestions as to how to get our FF chapter into motion, and whatever else might come up. We welcome as many people who want to, to join us at Brown Sugar's BBQ.

To refresh everyone's memory, and to tell anyone who's just now seeing the info, Brown sugar's BBQ is in Greenspoint, look it up on www.mapquest.com if you need to. I don't want anyone not making it b/c they got lost!

Thanx,
    Goldy

*for those who do not see the solidifying thread* hope to see many people there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.