main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Meeting Information for Saturday the 16th! I think this is official now.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Here's some more information on finding us.

-Park anywhere in the Plaza parking lots located underneath the Plaza, having entered by way of any of the multiple entrances.

-Inside the Plaza we're meeting at the food court in the Mall. The food court is located upstairs, right next door to the theater, near a yogurt place, a Macy's and a couple more food places. It's at the opposite end of the Hard Rock Cafe.

-We'll meet in the indoor portion of the food court seating. My husband and I happened to be there last night, so I checked it out last night. If you need help finding me, I'm 27 years old, have blond hair, and I'll wear jeans and a light green v-neck sweater. I'll try to sit somewhere near the middle to watch all the entrances for people looking for me. I'm usually early too, to make sure we find everyone.

-And yeah, keep the ticket parking gives you. The theater will valdiate the ticket for 4 hours, so you won't have to pay for parking.

See everyone there! I'll check my pm's a couple more times today, so send me any questions.

:D

2. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Okay, keep an eye out for a lost-looking guy with glasses and a shaved head. I'll be wearing either a blue fleece sweatshirt thingy or some sort of Northern Arizona University apparel. In fact, I look a lot like this, only without the moustache/goatee.

3. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I'll be wearing the thong underwear and a top hat and carrying a groundhog....ok not really.

"if you're wearing any ladies undergarments, keep them tucked in"

(Thumb Wars)

4. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I would go but i'll be too busy Sat. evening. Have a good one.
    Jason

5. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Hi. I'm a newbie here, but I've been a regular at the Virtual Edition since August 98. I'm glad there's an online community somewhere finally!! At the VE, there's members all over the US, UK and Europe, so it's nearly impossible for us to meet. I'd love to come down, but I'm at school in Sonoma. I will be back in Sacramento for May 16, so I'd love to meet up with you guys then.

6. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Right on, Darth_Morfyus. Where are you at school in Sonoma? I lived there until I was 9.

7. Darth_Morfyus1999

Mar 16, 2002
    Yeah, I'm a junior at Sonoma State. I transfered here this semester and am living on campus. I read in here earlier about meeting in Roseville, which is where I grew up. Have you guys planned a place to see AotC yet? The United Artist Theaters in Roseville is very comfortable and in a nice part of town. Waiting in line for tickets and opening night were very uneventful, in case anyone is worried about getting harrassed the way those poor guys in Seattle are.

8. Cial

Cial Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    On the main page of theforce.net someone was saying that the new "Clone War" trailer was not showing with Ice Age, but Forbidden Love was instead. Hopefully it was just that particular theater, but something to think about.

-Cial

9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I'll see everyone soon!! :D

10. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Excellent...soon the Sacramento Fanforce will be within reach and I can use thier Dna to make a clone army....muhahahahaha

11. Darth_Morfyus1999

Mar 16, 2002
    It's in Canada where the Trailer isn't playing, because Clone War is a trailer for a PG movie, and Ice Age is rated "F", the same as "G" here. So that's why.

12. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Well, we just saw Ice Age and it had the new trailer. Whew! There was so much happening in it that I'll definitely have to download it and watch it some more just to take everything in. The movie was very entertaining, as well.

My brother and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. This was the third meeting, so I guess we're official now! For those who weren't there, we elected Aunt Jar Jar Mimah as our City Rep (big surprise there, huh?). Now I just gotta get the Sac FF icons tweaked and submitted.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah it was a fun time for all!! I had a great time sitting and visiting with everyone!

Gotta love those back scratchers! [face_laugh] !!!!

Hooray for Auntie!!!! atta girl!!

14. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Great to meet Jeremy and Brent for the first time, as well as the old crew again. Lord Darth Vader's lightsabers were great, and his knowledge for them is scary. ;)

Ice Age was pretty darn funny, many many hilarious moments.

Our group definitly made our mark when the trailer came out, LOL. As I mentioned to those who were there tonight, I'm glad I saw it before tonight, or else I wouldn't be able to focus on the movie after the trailer. Great to see it on the big screen.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    So, I'm a geek, what can I say? But, I am a geek with a badge and a gun. ;)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

16. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    It was a lot of fun. :D We had a great turn out of easily-bribed fans from as far away as Yuba City and Chico: Pacman, Lord Darth Vader, Sacul-1138, Sacul's brother in law and wife, Jeremyguy, Jeremy's brother Brett (who now needs to register at the Jedi Council), Bright Sith and my husband through dinner. We chowed at the food court and talked about everything from the trailer, spoilers, the September 11th documentary on CBS, new AOTC figurines, Jedi Council gossip, and even got to see the cool lightsabers Vader makes for sale on ebay (*very* nice).

The trailer was fantastic. I think I'll have to see it another 20 times, before I can even have seen half of what was in the action-packed trailer. Ice Age was fun too.

We're thinking we'll have one more meeting before the May release of the new movie. Michael mentioned Spaghetti Factory. Does that sound good to everyone? Is the downtown one more central for everyone than the one out 50 at Nimbus? Since we want to meet before Vader's surgery likely on April 8th, howabout Saturday April 6th for dinner at the downtown Spaghetti Factory at 1910 J Street, directly across from the Starbucks where we first met?

I'll see what everyone thinks and then we'll do a thread. If it looks like we have a large enough group, I can reserve a room.

A bunch of people have pm'd that they're interested in showing up for a meeting. Don't be shy! :D We have a good group, and the more the merrier. Pm me any questions.

17. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    I've pencilled in the 6th on my schedule; hopefully that'll work out!

Brett registered last night when we got home from the movie. He's Elvish_Jedi. :)

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    First off, congrats to Auntie, I see by the cool colors, WE ARE OFFICIAL!!!! YAYYYYY!!

And way to go Brett Elvish_Jedi!!!!! Wonderful, you are now part of the tribe! ;)
    Or to better express last nights meeting and fun time, you are now part of the Pack and, I might add, we are the weirdest pack I have ever seen! ;)

Had alot of fun, and Sac, I loved the CD, American Jedi had me rolling!! Thanks Bro!!! :)

19. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Great Elvish! Welcome to the boards. :D

We're official!! Woo-hoo!

20. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Vader, you mean "herd." :)

As usual, I'm game.

21. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Spaghetti sounds good!

22. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    blast! i have a band competition on the 6th. perty much any other day would be better, but i guess i'll just have to see you guys at the next meeting (if there's another before the movie).

23. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Elvish, I'll tell 'em "Hi" for you. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.