main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Information & Minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Any other votes as to which movie to see?

Also, are we thinking of altering the time of meeting to allow for the movie before dinner?

2. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    I might be able to come depending on the time, I will probably have my kids at a minimum and potentially my wife. Just post and let me know when.

-x

3. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    If we might have some 'little ones', why don't we move to TMNT instead? Dave, what's the movie time for TMNT down there? We can do dinner afterwards.

4. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Mine are 18 months and 3 years old, so I will probably have to skip the movie as much as I would like to see 300 or pathfinder. So don't base your choice on my wee ones. Thank you though.

-x

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, then my vote turns back to 300! :D

Let's hear the rest of you vote.. Tht away we will also have a count for dinner.. :cool:

6. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Well I've seen 300 and TMNT so ummm I don't know what to vote for.

7. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm fine with any of the choices, but I'll cast a vote for 300.

8. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Hi, I'm new to the York area and would like to join you for your get together on the 14th.

9. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Welcome to the Group!

Are you in the York Area to stay or just visiting? If your here to stay, stop in the, "Reading-Lancaster Roll Call! (Who are you?)" Thread :) (Ignore the old listing of Lancaster)

10. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I am new to York and have recently moved there from Maryland. I will pop over to the roll call later and fill you in.

11. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    We have about a week to go, so we need to iron out the details. Dave, if you could post an address on the theater, that would be great. We also need to decide on a time.

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, the theater is called MoviE-town Cinemas, it is located at:

700 N Hanover St
    Elizabethtown, PA 17022

They have a wesite at www.movi-etown.com, but for some reason the site refuses to active load in my web browser. I can only look at the Yahoo cached version. The times listed on the cached are only for the 4th through the 10th. Can anyone get it to load and go to the "Online Tickets" link and post what the list of movies and times are for next Saturday?

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I went to the website for Movie-Town. The listings they have up run through Wednesday the 11th, so we still don't know what is going to be playing next Saturday.
    It seems like this is going to come together at the last minute so we should all be actively checking the boards as the week goes on. We should also get a head count in case people want to carpool.
    Getting something to eat and then going to the movie seems like the more viable option. I didn't see a lot of 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. movie times, but that just might be for this week.
    If anyone else can think of anything, by all means post it.

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    We should have movie times by mid-week, so look on Wednesday for an Update on more specific times. I think eating first does seem to make sense. A lot of people are driving, so just in case traffic of delays become an Issue.

I would like a 'head-count', so sound off if you will be coming :)

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious that since I am planning this time that I'll be be there.

As far as the theater goes, if the times are not condusive to what we are wanting to do there is another option, but the restaurant would no longer an option.

16. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I contacted Movie-Town directly. Both 300 & TMNT will be gone by Saturday. :_|

Another movie that I think looks cool & is coming out this weekend (so I know no one has seen it yet) is Pathfinder! [face_thinking] They will be playing that.

Here are the times:

Pathfinder: 12:35 PM, 2:55 PM, 5:05 PM, 7:20 PM, & 9:40 PM

I'm free after about 1:00 PM. My suggestion is meeting up at the Movies for the 2:55 PM Show & then we can eat afterwards. That way if we eat around 5:30 - 6:00, it's still early enough to relax and hang out, for the out-of-town drivers. :cool:

Driving wise, the Movies is about a 45 minutes to an hour from Reading. If you plug in the address in Yahoo Maps, you should be able to get directions. :D

Here is the address:

Movietown (717) 361-7536
    700 N Hanover St, Elizabethtown, PA 17022-1355

That's my 2 cents.. :D

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    There is one other theater option in Lancaster: Regal Manor Stadium 16.

300 is showing at 2:20 and 5:00
    TMNT is at 7 and 9:10 (doesn't look good time-wise)
    Shooter is at 1:45 and 4:35
    Pathfinder is at 1:30 and 3:55

It is a bit nicer of a theater (or at least it was when I was there for ROTS), but they start charging $8.75 after 3 PM. Movi-Etown is $6 until 6 PM.

The address is:

1246 Millersville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17603

18. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    It sounds like six and one half dozen. I guess we should just pick a place and go with it. So that's where you two co-managers get to flex your " big decision" making muscle....lol

19. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, sounds like a plan! [face_peace] I'll go with Dave's suggestion on a "nicer theater". =D= Let's go with the 2:20 PM showing of 300 & we will figure out a place to eat (we'll follow you, Dave, to somewhere good =P~ ) afterwards.

So, Movie-Meeting at:

Place: 1246 Millersville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17603
    Time: 2:20 PM Showing of 300
    When: Saturday, April 14th

[face_dancing]

20. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Let's get a 'head-count, so we know how many people to look for. Since 300 has been out for a while, I doubt that we will have problems getting tickets. So far, I only know of teh following people attending:

Myself
    Dave
    Stacy
    Scott

P.S. I have a family issue that has just come up, that I have to attend to this weekend; but I will NOT pull out of Saturday. I may, however have to leave after the movies or at least make it an early night. I won't be able to have much fun at dinner, getting on Stacy for using the word 'giddy', lol.

21. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    This really sucks, but I will be unable to make Saturday... The family issue I posted about earlier is more critical than I thought. I will not be able to avoid it & won't be free at all this weekend..

Dave will be proceeding with the Movies/Meeting, so don't let my unavailability change anyone else's plans. I'll make it up to you folks in May at the BBQ/Meeting! Chris, I still need to PM you some Dates.

Just as a last note, both Dave and I are very happy with the board activity & direction that the Reading-York Group is heading. We have no doubt that in a years time, we will be looking at ourselves as the most improved FF Club in the region. No matter what, either Dave or myself will be holding a monthly 'meet'. Whether its the movies, costuming, conventions, or just a burger & beer, we will meet. Sometimes we both might not make it, but at least one of us will be there each time. We invite EVERYONE to come as well. Each 'meet', each event, each get-together, makes this group that much stronger.

Enjoy the movies, folks!

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Does anyone want to change the date back to next weekend? I am up for either keeping it this weekend or having the meeting next weekend.

23. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I am still not sure at this point if I can make it tomorrow, there is a chance. I would probably be able to manage next week a little better and maybe bring Gia, since she is out of town this weekend working at the chiller theater convention. In any case I leave that in your capable hands.

Dave, the link in your sig leads to the dead board, you might want to change it over to this board.

This is just kind of a silly busy weekend for me, I don't know when my wife finishes her meeting at the campus in harrisburg or if she is expecting me to go with her. I will let you know when I know.

Rob sorry to hear you are having family emergencies, hope it all works out.

-x

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Thanks for reminding me about the link, Chris. I've been meaning to do that since the switch, but it has not been on the top of my priority list.

25. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Next week-end would probably be better. I'm up for either one, but it seems as though more people are available next week. I know Scott has plans with his brother, but maybe we could work around that. If we do it tommorow we would have 3, if we do it next week-end we could potentially have 7. Like I said, I'm up for either one. Just post so we can make a decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.