main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Information & Minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Pushing it to next weekend is fine with me.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, it seems as though this is decided, we are meeting next weekend for a movie and dinner. There is a chance that 300 may be gone, but I think there is a likelihood that it will still be at the Regal Manor Cinemas since it has 16 different screens.

Pathfinder will still be out as well as some of the others. We can make the final decision next week.

3. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Are we going for Saturday again? We should probably lock that down soon so people can check their schedeules.

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I thought Saturdays were a given.

5. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I'm glad I didn't miss anything. I had appts most of the day Sat. I plan on making it on 4/21.

6. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I can almost guarantee I'll be working Saturday, so I'll probably miss the movie.
    If we can make the "dinner" time for say 6, I can make that, If not too bad for me.

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, movies and times have changed for Regal Manor Cinemas.

Pathfinder 1:40 4:05 7:45

300 1:50 4:30 7:10

Not much else.

Can someone who can access www.movi-etown.com to see what they are showing this Saturday and what the times are?

8. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Nope, I tried and couldn't seem to pull up the site. I'm guessing their site has a glitch. We should start to get a head count, so we can get this commuting nightmare underway.....lol
    I will be there, but I might be a little late.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If the movies and/or times are not agreeable, we could just switch to dinner only and do 5 or 6 PM.

10. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    So, who's going to be there on Saturday?

11. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    I will be there with two others, earlier would be kinder for me since it's an hour and a half back from Lancaster for me. Diner only is fine with me too, we may go watch a movie earlier anyways. Just let me know.

-x

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I'm definitely in (wouldn't be much good for ya'll to come down if none of us "Southerners" were going to be there).

So, c'mon ya'll! What are we doing?!?

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Dinner 6 p.m. all in favor?

14. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry I've been off the Boards for a while. I was trying to get my schedule back in a groove. My open weekend (which was stole from me) was last weekend, so I am MIA until next month. I'm sure Dave will take good care of you all.

Have fun & toast a beer on me :cool:

15. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Seems to me you should stick with a day each month and time regardless of who can show up. I had scheduled the time as earlier mentioned for an early movie then dinner, not its been changed to dinner. I can't change my schedule now. This is what happened to the MD fan force. We kept changing the date to suit people and we never got together.

16. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Can you still make it to the dinner at 6PM? We adjusted because we were in agreement to, maybe in hindsight it might not have been the best thing to do. We are learning and will know better for the future. The movie was dropped because the times changed and don't really work with what we were thinking.

Right now, the people that I know have said they can be there are:

Stacy (Pugglethelesser)
    Chris (EighteenDelta) w/ friends
    David (me, Rebel_Spook)

Anyone else?

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry for the changes.. I feel responsible somewhat because of not being available last week.. In future, Dave & I will come up with a Date & Time and as long as it least two other members can meet at that time, it will be set. We'll come up with it at least a month ahead of time, giving everyone a chance to change their schedules allowing them to make it.

As a 'heads up' we are looking at a possible Costuming/BBQ/Meeting next month in Reading.

18. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    One quick correction, it's gonna be in Pottsville, not Reading, I can pick people up if they need transportation, just give me warning. Right now it's pretty much set for the 19th, I will have some 'special guests'.

-x

19. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    OK, So it's TJRockwell's in Elizabethtown? At 6? Is that correct? I just want to make sure so I don't get that lost.

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Yep, sounds good to me.

Not that it is certain right now, but would anyone have a problem if my wife and daughter came along for the meal part of dinner, and then left when we got down to "business" like last time?

21. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Just wanted to say, I'm in for tomorrow.

22. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Thank you to all of the Drivers out there that made the long trip for tonight's Meeting =D= I am working with Dave to make the Meetings a closer distance from this point on. :cool:

23. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry for the silence, folks :D

I am working with Dave to decide on the best course of action going forward, on a couple different Issues. The one thing that is definite is that all the Meetings from this point on will be in Reading. This has been decided because it is the mid-point for the members in general. There seems to be members about an hour away from Reading in both directions, so it is the most sensible location for the Drivers.

There are a couple others things being 'hashed out' between Dave & myself, so bare with me :cool:

I just want to assure yo that my commitment to the Club is an honest one and I am working to make this something that will be going strong in the 'long run'.

24. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    May Meeting:

When: Saturday, May 12th
    Where: Reading, Pa
    What Time: TBD (Afternoon Lunch & Early-Evening Movies)

Times still TBD, however it will be more of lunchtime (closer to 2ish) with an option of movies afterwards. I'm trying to put this out so you all have plenty of time to set aside time for the Meeting & Movies.

I'd like to confirm by the 5th, who will be attending so I can have a count for seating. I will make sure we have a table available. Also, I would like if people, especially drivers, can PM me your cellphone #s, so you can contact me if you get lost.

Finally, as we get closer to teh Meeting, I'll be throwing out some topics to talk about & will be looking for input on things that YOU ALL would like to do & things you would like to participate in with this Club, going forward!

25. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    So what's the movie for the 12th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.