Meeting location change

Discussion in 'Snohomish County, WA' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all.
    Tonight at the costume workshop (which went really well, BTW) we discussed a location change of the meetings.
    The Pancake house doesn't really suit the group and what we're all about.
    We have two suggestions for locations, bith veryt good.
    So weigh in on where you would like to see us meet.
    Both places are south of our usual place, but really cool places for scifi fans like us

1. Flying Saucer Pizza, in Redmond
    http://www.flyingsaucerpizza.com/zgrid/proc/site/start.jsp

2. Wayward Coffee house (A known hangout for browncoats and steam punkers) in greenwood
    http://www.waywardcoffee.com/

Maybe we should try both to see which we like best.
    Maybe Flying Saucer in Nov. and Wayward in Dec?

2. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Hi Cate: I checked the pizza places website and they aren't open on Sundays. Either we need to reconsider meeting on Saturdays or find one other alternative to try.
  3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Guys
    I am going to be at the wayward coffee house for my browncoats meetup.
    It starts at 10:30 but am certain I will still be there at 2 going by how todays meetup there went
    Do you all think we can have our meeting there? I can find us a spot while I am there and advertise our meeting at 2 at that location

Speaking of meetup, I think we should start a meetup group on meetup.com to increase our membership. But it costs something to use their site. Something like 45 dollars a year. All the meetup groups I am in ask for their members to donate towards the cost (like club dues) usually like 1 or 2 dollars from each member per meeting until it's covered.

What do you all think?
  4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, and we can discuss moving the meeting to Saturday in Dec so we can go to the pizza place in Redmond
  5. Photo-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, all,

I'm okay with paying small dues at the meeting to cover Meetup.com. It already looks like a couple of people on Meetup are interested, so it seems to be a good idea.

Specifically for Sunday Nov. 8, the 2 PM time conflicts with my younger son's soccer game (in Olympia, no less), so it's doubtful I'd be able to make it. If we changed to Saturday Nov. 7 because of the pizza place, I could/would make that. My kids play a lot of soccer on various days of the week (all year), so it's always hit-and-miss on me being available.

Andy
  6. Photo-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, and I forgot to add, both Flying Saucer Pizza and Wayward Coffee House sound good to me. I can get to either one. Greenwood, eh? Anywhere near where the big fire happened yesterady?
  7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep it was just down the street
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.