main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting March 11

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    We still have a couple of weeks to go, but I thought I'd go ahead and post about March's meeting to get everyone's mind ready ahead of time.

Please post agenda ideas here.

Also, I vote for having it at The Crossing again. That place has been working out for us lately. Anyone...anyone?

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    That sounds good to me.
    I think that is the day the new trailer gets released with "Robots". Not sure if it gets shown on TV first but I'm sure it will be on Hyperspace by then. Just thought I'd throw that out there I will double check.

By then Republic Commando will be out and we could plan a viewing of the new Clone Wars episodes that air later ths month.

Plus some more C3 discussion will be needed.

3. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Dude!!

I totally forgot about Robots showing that night. Maybe we could meet and then go see the movie at a later showing (9:00 pm, or something like that).

We could even start the meeting early, if that would help.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I wonder if we could swing Galactica on top of that, lol.

5. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    If the preview is not going to be on TV, then we should definately make a club trip out of Robots. It has Ewan in it after all. Maybe we could have the meeting at a restaurant closer to Edwards, so we could jsut talk about a few things and then buzz right on over for a 8-9 pm showing. Theres a Taco Bell over there, and a Chinese place unless I am on dope (I never eat over there, so what do I know).

6. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    If we're gonna do the camping trip thing again this year, it probably wouldn't hurt to start getting this planned.

And maybe we should try to organize an outing for when the toys and stuff get released...

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    They just announced the trailer will be shown during the March 10th airing of "The O.C." on FOX. Would people like to have themeeting on the 10th and hold it around the airing of the trailer, have a get together on the 10th to do this and play Republic Commando and still have a meeting on Friday, or some other option?

8. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    DEFINATELY GET TOGETHER ON THE 10TH. BY ALL MEANS. WHETHER WE HAVE THE MEETING OR NOT.

I HEREBY NOMINATE MY HOUSE (Barry) TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE A PLACE TO WATCH IT. BRING FRIENDS, BRING RELATIVES. (unless anyone else wants to share their own home that is. I jsut happen to have a big living room and am happy to use it for occassions such as this, does anyone else want a turn? Else I'll be happy to host).

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Let me know if this sounds like a plan. We have a trailer get together at Barry's on the 10th and still have a meeting at the Crossing on the 11th. That way we will keep the meeting on a day that more people may be free to come. We could also be sure to tape the trailer and show it before our BG viewing Friday for aybody that misses it.

10. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I like your idea Erik. I don't think I could make the showing on the 10th, but I can make the meeting on the 11th.

We really should go see Robots, I agree Valerie.

Also, Adam is right. I think we should talk about the camping trip at the next meeting. Make sure people want to do it still and such.

11. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    since we will be able to watch the trailer before then maybe we can plan to watch Robots another time. Because if we went that night we'd have to skip Battlestar Galactica.

12. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, we could tape BG and watch it after Robots. VCRs are magical things!!

13. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I'd vote for trailer party on the 10th and meeting on the 11th. I don't know that I care when we go to Robots, 'cuz that doesn't really look like something I'd be into. I'd basically just be going to hang out.

14. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    I will only be there in spirit. Just look for my pretty blue face at the end of the movie. I'll be tapin em so i can keep up.

15. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I'll call Neil and Jessica about the meeting and the trailer thing. Just curious who else is in on going to Barry's for the trailer?
    I'll check showtimes for Robots, and we can plan for that. Who all is planning to see that?

16. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Alan and I will not go see the trailer Thursday, but we plan on going to the meeting and the movie Robots on Friday. If people want to come over after that to watch BG, that's fine with us.

17. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    That sounds fine to me. Since we have alot going on that night we should probably make it a short meeting. At the trailer party we can get all the C3 stuff out of the way, so we won't need to talk about it at the meeting.

The main things we should talk about is a camping trip, the April 2 roll out of ROTS merchandise, any gaming get togethers and the new Clone Wars episodes.

18. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I'll go see Robots with everybody else. After all, this trailer is gonna be more impressive on the big screen.

19. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Thanks for gracing us with your presence Adam. Even though you might really want to see the movie, you might end up liking it.

Are you up for seeing The Jacket???? That movie looks cool, with Adrian Brody and Kiera Knightly.

20. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    The Jacket sounds like an interesting movie. I was thinking if Adam and I are at Robots, do you guys know what we will do when the SW trailer comes on. It will be most impressive.

21. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Youse guys might wanna bring ear plugs!!

22. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Sorry I won't be makin it to any of the get togethers this weekend. I'll be busy asking people if they've got gas. (I work at an action packed Maverik). Yeah, it's kinda like that I've got mail episode of crank yankers.

I've got gas, I've got gas, yea!!!!!!!!!!

23. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Wel, according to Fandango Robots only plays at 7:15 and 9:45. So I'm not sure what people would like to do. if we went at 7:15 it would probably be too late to have the meeting afterward.

24. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Here's a suggestion: Why don't we 86 the meeting, and just go to the 7:15 movie? We can all meet there, and then when it's over come to Alan's and my house to watch BG and talk about the trailer and how much it rocked!!

While we're over here, we can also decide when to reschedule the meeting. Maybe next week would be better for everyone. We just had a lot of things planned for this Friday night, but I think everyone's main objective is to see the trailer.

What does everyone think? If we decide this, someone (Erik) will need to call some people to tell them about the change. ;)

25. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    That sounds fine to me. Barry, Adam and I can discuss C3 Thursday night. There are some things coming up before the end of the month that are pretty big, so it probably would be a good idea to rush the meeting. Plus, there are some things I need to find out about before a meeting like April 2 stuff.

I'll give people a call. We can all meet at the edwards at 7. And if people don't feel like going to Robots we can meet at Laura and Alan's around 9 p.m. We should have the trailer on tape for anyone who couldn't make it to the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.