main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Meeting--May 19, 2pm.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, May 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Sorry about the delay in keeping everyone informed. We will have a short meeting tomorrow (Saturday the 19) at the Half Price Books on NW HW and Central at 2pm.

I know we waited until the last minute to say what was up, but on behalf of the DFW leadership council---sorry, ladies and gents. We'll do better. :)

If you can't make it tomorrow, which is understandable considering how late this was confirmed, I'll make a post after the meeting to let everyone know what we talked about.

Again, sorry about the delay.

2. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Happy Anniversary guys!!!

I'm gonna put in my TPM tape now. :)

3. DarthRain

DarthRain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    Well...looks like I'll be missing this one.I already promised the fam an early showing of "Shrek" today and lunch.

Besides...I haven't been bringing much to the table lately.

Let me know if anything of importance is addressed.

4. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    How'd the meeting go? What all was discussed?

5. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Okay, all--sorry I couldn't get this up last night, but I was just too tired when I got home.

Anyway, we mainly discussed the upcoming shows. We're going to try and have a presence at each one. The Shreveport show looks to be a really good one, so we should start planning a road trip if anyone is interested in attending.

We also touched on the new website, which should be up and running soon. We're going to be incorporating a calendar of events on it, so people will know exactly when things are way in advance. This will include meetings, shows, movies, and everything else.

Also, we might be having a LAN party soon, and if anyone is interested, please contact Stone, as we're looking for a place to have it at.

And basically, we just had the one year kick-off. =) Anyone else that was there, let me know if I left anything out.

6. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    No worries, Kurgan.. you got it posted quick enough :D

The meeting sounds like it went rather well. Again, sorry I wasn't there. As it turns out, this weekend (and going on into Monday but hopefully not past that) is an annoying one for me - our a/c is out and this house is HOT.. LOL. I spent the majority of Sunday out shopping and stuff because I just couldn't handle it anymore blech!

I'll most likely be at the Grapevine convention - I don't know if I'll do the whole weekend but I haven't had a chance to really talk to Chris about it yet. I wouldn't be able to make a roadtrip, but I am glad to hear you guys're looking into it. I'm also excited to see the page come back up - and with a calendar! Good idea :)

Anyway.. thanks again for posting for those of us that had to miss it. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

MTFBWY

7. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    btw.. that should read "excited to see that the page will be coming back up"... the heat is getting to me, y'know :p [face_laugh]

8. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I dunno if you already have a calendar script set up, but here's one I found that I think works pretty well:

http://mkruse.netexpress.net/scripts/calendar

I'm no expert on Perl of CGI, but I got it working, so you guys shouldn't have much trouble. :)

9. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    There was a meeting today?

:)

sorry guys I had to work..........
    I will make it to the con though, diggin through bins and making many consecutive trips back and forth from the bhc table to fanforce, which at the last con was a whole 6 feet....:)

10. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    This is your City Rep speaking....

I too apologize for not making the meeting. I have been out of pocket computerwise, as I was on a council of a different sort last week... Jury Duty. Although it was mentally draining, it is still an experience that I think everyone should do at least once, to see the system in action.

Due to this fact, I was not near my computer during waking hours all that much, so I had no idea that the meeting was a go.

I will be out of town for the Shreveport show, which sucks 'cuz I wanna gamble with the mighty Stone, but there is always a next time. I will be in attendance for both Grapevine and Plano, though. BIFF from "Back To The Future" is gonna be at the July show! WOO-HOO, especially since it's the "Battlestar Galactica" show as well.

Hope all of you are well, and keep your eye on my horizon, as changes may be coming in a good way! If what is supposed to happen comes to pass, life could get a bit easier. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.