main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [MEETING] Meet the CR! Saturday, September 2, 2006

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    All right, we're meeting at 10am... but do we have any idea how long this is going to go on; sadly I have no car of my own, and therefore, have to rely on friends/family for rides...

DL Purple Pencil

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I try to keep meetings running in a timely fashion. :) That is why I put up an agenda and tend to stick with it [which reminds me that I left off an item or two 8-}]. Really, I'd like this to be a face to face meeting so that we can all meet up and get some glue to this group. ;)

I'm going to estimate that we won't be more than an hour to 75 minutes.

When we have bookclub meetings and board game nights we can hang out longer.

3. Darth_Samurai

Darth_Samurai Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Hey Folks:
    I've been a forum member for a while but I think this may be the first time I've made a posting. Anyway, I'll keep a lookout for future events ya'll have (doesn't look like I'll be able to make this one unfortunately).

One thing you may find of interest though, I own a martial arts school in Mt. Holly and am starting up a Jedi Academy class for kids which will teach Kenjutsu (samurai sword art) for kids based on Star Wars.

Next summer I plan to start an adult Kenjutsu and Iai class. This one will be very traditional however and also will be a live blade class.

Hope your get together at IHOP goes well and I wish I could make it.

4. Darth_Samurai

Jan 11, 2006
    One clarification:

The kids' class will most definately not be a live blade class. Shouldn't have used the word "also".

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Welcome Darth_Samurai. :) Thank you for delurking ;)

That sounds really great and in line with something that I've been thinking about. I'm going to send you a PM with some questions for my grand scheme. 8-}

And as a former Karate/Tae Kwon Do parent I knew right away you meant non-metal blades. [face_laugh] :eek:

We will be having meetings other times so if you can ever make one we'd welcome you!

~Jada

6. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome, Darth_Samurai. Hope we get to meet sometime soon.

7. Darth_Samurai

Jan 11, 2006
    Thanks TK-2970. Hope to meet ya'll soon as well.

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Darth_Samurai I was just wondering where your studio was, I live about 5 minutes from Mt. Holly. I'm thinking I might have seen it before.

9. Darth_Samurai

Jan 11, 2006
    My studio is located at 111 N. Main Street in Mt. Holly. My wife's dance school is there as well. I mainly teach a mixed martial arts system consisting of Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiujitsu and small circle jiujitsu. I'm starting up the Jedi Academy as again a kenjutsu class to teach swordsmanship to kids.
    My plan is to next year begin teaching an adults' Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu class which will be live blade and very traditional.

So you live outside Mt. Holly?

10. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    OMG! Your wife is Barbie? I know you! I am Jessica Ballard's step dad. We have met before at recitals and stuff. This is cool. Here is a pic of me and Jess...

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/TK-2970/Room/10.jpg]

11. Darth_Samurai

Jan 11, 2006
    Wow!!
    small world man!! Pretty cool.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Remember, ask for Charlotte Fan Force!

~Jada

13. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Had a great time this morning everyone. Looking forward to the next meeting...

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here we go with some official Meeting Minutes!

In attendance

darkladypurplepencil
    Jedi_528
    TK-2970
    Jada

Book Club

We are going to start with the ROTS trilogy which begins with Labyrinth of Evil. We have good news in that these are all available in paperback now. We will be setting up a date and time for the bookclub to meet and discuss this book.

One Man Star Wars show

So far it looks like only TK-2970 and Jada will be attending this. We are going to see if we can put together a food drive for the event and hopefully work with the local members of the Carolina 501st.

Board Game Night

Again, still working on setting up time and place [face_frustrated]

Other Topics Discussed

Position of Historian

The Historian is someone who keeps a pictorial history of the fan force events and outings.

I nominated TK-2970 for the position and Jedi_528 and darkladypurplepencil seconded. I have started a thread for any additional nominations and then we will have a vote on this.

Our Name

We also discussed whether we are going to keep the name "Charlotte Separatists". There will be a thread to further discuss this.

edit: I have started a thread for this discussion.

We enjoyed getting to know each other a bit more and having some face to face time. I'd like to thank everyone who came out for the meeting!

And now, some pictures:

Our Mascot for the meeting, Darth Tater, after he defeated his enemy and hashbrowned him!

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Meet%20The%20CR%20Meeting%2009-02-06/tater.jpg]

darkladypurplepencil, Jedi_528, Jada, TK-2970

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Meet%20The%20CR%20Meeting%2009-02-06/group.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.