main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Meeting Minutes 9/30/2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi folks!
    We had a fairly productive meeting considering how few of us could make it. (just Paulie, Marlow and I- and my kids lurking in the background)

We mostly discussed the upcoming Halloween Party.
    We decided on having it start at 8pm and be on Friday the 31st (actual All Hallows Eve, muahahahahahaha) to allow time for those who may want to take kiddos out trick or treating and to give me time to decorate the house and get my costume on. Anyone who wants to come over before 8 and help decorate can give me a call or email me to arrange when to get that done, 425-308-4982 or cliodnabenlhee@yahoo.com. I am planning on getting off work early that day so I can do any last minute cleaning or rearranging of furniture beforehand.

I am going to search the web for party games that require minimal to no purchase of any props in order to play them, if anyone has any good ones they know of, please post them to the board.

Between Marlow and me, we have most of the decorations covered, but if you are coming over to help decorate, and have any Halloween stuff you?d like to donate for the night, feel free to bring it over.

Paulie, Marlow and myself are going to go out and buy between us about 10 maybe a few more, door prizes, these will consist of various Star Wars action figures. If anyone wants to donate some more, once again, the more the better. As far as how we will award the door prizes, we did not go into detail, but we could have some be prizes in the contests, and for the others, I could make up some tickets with numbers on them, we could hand them out, ripping them in half so that one half with the number goes into a hat, and the recipient saves the other half which has the same number and then we draw those, the one who has the matching number wins the door prize.

Marlow has already donated two toys to the cause that she brought to the meeting.

Paulie let us know that K B toys has a special coming up on Star Wars toys and will may be having further discounts in stores between Oct 7 and 14 sometime due to a class action lawsuit settlement, so I searched the web later and found this
    http://www.krislovlaw.com/
    There is a link on that page to the details of the settlement from which I copied the following:

Defendants will distribute the Net Settlement Fund by providing a discount at the cash registers of all KB Toys, KB Toy Works, KB Toy Outlet, Toy Liquidator and KB Toys Express stores nationwide, including Guam and Puerto Rico, equal to 30% off all qualifying purchases of $30 or more during October 8-14, 2003. This distribution (the "In-store Distribution") will be done without requiring a request of any store customer and will be separate and apart from, and in addition to, any previously planned promotional events for 2003. Defendants will not advertise or otherwise promote the distribution in advance of the In-store Distribution. Signs detailing the terms of the In-store Distribution, however, may be displayed in or around the stores during the In-store Distribution and up to 48 hours in advance of the In-store Distribution.

So, it looks like if we wait till the discounts are available we may be able to stock up on even more stuff. I plan to go during my lunch break on the 8th to the KB at Everett Mall

Other things we?ll need for the party are:

We need a large Punchbowl and someone who can bring a chunk of dry ice for the punch. Also, if anyone wants to volunteer to purchase some mint ice-cream or lime sherbet, or any ice cream that is green in color and some ginger ale (7-up or sprite would work too), we want to make a punch that looks like it has a ghoulish mist coming off it by mixing the ice cream and ginger ale in the punch bowl and putting in a chunk of dry ice to get the mist effect.

We need someone who has a Costco card or who can go to a big warehouse store like top foods (we were kind of hoping Cheryl would be able to do this since Marlow, Paulie and I are already getting door prizes and decorations) and some volunteers to purchase snacky and finger foods for the party and

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Thank you Cate.. tis appreciated!

As I said in the Mos Everett yahoo group... I like the idea of having our Winter party called "Life day"...

If anyone has a copy of the Star Wars Holiday special...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.