main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Meeting Minutes - July

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    MEETING MINUTES

July 2, 2005
    Pizza Hut, Fairmont WV
    7:30pm

Those in attendance:

Fettish
    Ithorian
    Mike
    Phoonzang
    Annette

***Meeting is called to order***

OLD BUSINESS:

1. Three club logo T-Shirts are still available at a cost of $12.50 each. All size XL.

2. The first Saturday of each month will be the default meeting day, provided no other day is agreed upon. At this time, there is no default meeting location.

3. Once again discussed starting an RPG. Ithorian expressed that he does not wish to be moderator should an RPG take place. A thread will be posted for opinions and suggestions.

4. Discussed playing TCG card game. A thread will be posted for ideas and suggestions. Please bring cards to next meeting for sharing and discussion (i.e. ? show and tell). :p

5. Briefly discussed the Pittsburgh Comicon again.

6. Toy show in Monroeville was discussed. Anyone interested in attending (it?s at the same location as the Comicon) is encouraged to post on the boards so that we can see if a car pool is in order. It takes place on July 30 at the Expomart in Monroeville PA.

7. A club banner was further discussed. Cost issues are a primary concern. Anyone with further information or suggestions is asked to post on the boards.

NEW BUSINESS:

1. Welcomed Phoonzang and his girlfriend Annette to their first meeting with Outlanders? Haven. (Welcome!)

2. Discussed the Kennywood trip on August 27th. If enough members agree to go in conjunction with the Pittsburgh FanForce, a group rate may be granted at a cost of $26.00 per person. Further details are being obtained. It will be a fun filled day at Kennywood with the Pittsburgh crew! Ithorian and Fettish are definitely going. A thread will be posted on the boards.

3. Possible charity projects for the club were discussed. Suggestions included the Humane Society, Make A Wish Foundation, and the Fairmont Soup Opera. A thread will be posted for further suggestions and information.

4. Fettish suggested having club business cards to hand out to interested persons. Club members often run into other Star Wars fans as they go about their day to day activities, and being able to hand out a business card with the club name, web address, ect., would be quite handy. Suggestions are welcome, please post on the boards.

5. The idea of an official club email stemmed from the business card discussion. Should we have an official Outlanders? Haven email? Perhaps a Yahoo group as well?

***Meeting is concluded***

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I was just tired, had the baby to deal with, etc.

Some of my comments on the meeting notes:

Welcome Phoonzang!

At this point in time I am not going on the Kennywood trip, if things change I will post later.

We had club business cards at some point, I still have some of mine, as I gave many out. I think printing more is a good idea!

Both the club email and the Yahoo group idea i'm not so sure about. Our website had all those resources even personal journals, but it was not used. Also as an FanForce chapter we are to discuss all club business on these boards, so I don't know what resources an Yahoo group would give us that we don't already have plus we would have to make sure that no offical business was conducted there. I think the reason that 95% of the resources on the website were not used (and thus many were removed) was because it's much easier to stop in one place (these boards) and not have to check many places to see whats going on. Just my $.02

Concerning the club website, it's still hosted from my home, and that is fine with me. This is the current situation because there were no funds and no interest in paying for any hosting of the club website. I now pay for a web host for many personal web sites that I run, so if there was a need for many resources that would be used, I can create a subdomain on my current domain and thus make a new site on a faster connection. I would rather see the club take a direction like that as opposed to something like Yahoo groups. Just food for thought.

Rap

3. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Just a brief update/correction on the Kennywood trip:

These are the prices:

$19.50-If we get enough people for the group rate .
    $23.95-If we end up using Pepsi cans.
    $28.95-If we pay full price at the gate.

They need to know who is going by August 13th. ATM, they need 14 more folks for the group rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.