Meeting Minutes - look here if you want to know what's coming up! Please don't post here!

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    May 3, 2002
    star 4
    TGIFriday's, Plymouth Meeting, PA, June 6, 2002 - Social and Planning Meeting

    Charter Members Attending: Jennifer D., Nick J., MIngh, T., Rob G., Special Guest - Matt B., and two padawans - Nick Jr. and Jessica.

    - Rob, Nick and I made an 'executive' decision on the name for our chapter b/c of the current "Shampoo event" crisis (they had advertising going to print and needed our details). The name is "Philly Outer Rim FanForce".

    - Reviewed and discussed the purpose of the chapter. Full details on that can be found in the "Newbies" thread. All agreed on the charity component being the foremost purpose. Of course we all agreed that there will be plenty of socializing as well.

    - We discussed the idea of collecting a very small annual dues. Perhaps $15-20 a year to offset minor costs like domain registration, and any other costs that might come up. We all agreed that no one person should shoulder those financial outputs. The discussion will continue. Nick will check into what other FF chapters do about this.

    - Website: I will be meeting with Nick to discuss the development of www.phillyouterrim.org in the next few days

    - Charity events brainstorm: Rob suggested we look into the Special Olympics, Toys for Tots and get more info on CHOP. Great ideas Rob!! He will be getting more information on those children's charities. The rest of us are going to be on the lookout for other children's charities and compile a list so we can start getting in contact and start planning. We're also going to communicate with the 501st to see what we can help them with.

    - Social events brainstorm: Ideas for upcoming social events for our chapter include an AOTC digital screening for the whole family, First four SW movies screening party, Dinner/Wine Party, FanFilm screening party, picnic, BBQ, and I'm gonna add one..the PA Ren Faire.

    Cross-groups Social functions -
    Matt B. is going to add us to the invite list for his science fiction club's social events. Possible upcoming events include a Sci-Fi series Season Finale and Ice Cream Sundae Party, Fireworks on July 4, and participating in the Shore Leave convention on 7/12-7/14.

    We also discussed possibly inviting the 501st to some of our social events too.

    - Roles and Responsibilities:
    For now we will continue with an informal structure. We will be looking to the Garrison Carida (local 501st) for a leadership model. More on that at future meetings. In the meantime, Nick is appointed webmaster and the rest of us will divide up responsibility as things come up.

    - First Charity Event, Shampoo, 6-22, 9am-6pm. No new info to report. Will have more info to share on relevant thread hopefully by this Monday.

    - Next (and second) meeting: Either Tuesday, June 18 or Thursday, June 20 starting at 5:30 at Jen's house. We will do some planning and socializing, but main thrust will be on logistics for Shampoo Charity event.

    - Third meeting: Shampoo Charity Event, Saturday, June 22, 9am-6pm.

    A HUGE thank you to all who attended! It was great to see you all!

    Calixte (Jennifer)
  2. Calixte Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    May 3, 2002
    star 4
    Jenni's House, Devon, PA - June 18, 2002 - Potluck Dinner and Social/Planning Meeting

    Attendees: Jennifer, Natasha, Dave, Jack, Matt, Nick
    Special Guests from L.A.- Art, April

    - We had dinner and got everyone introduced. So glad to see some new faces! Thanks everyone for coming and participating.

    - Reviewed purpose and goals of this chapter with the 'new' folk. The charity idea is very appealing to all involved.

    - Discussed upcoming events including:
    6-22 Shampoo, AOTC Digital Screening, MoM Exhibit, invitation to The Ren SF Part on 6-29, Gateway Stores Jedi Tourney 6-22 -- 6-30, 7/4 Fireworks w/ The Ren group, Celtic Fling at PA Ren Faire July 5-7, Shore Leave Con, FanFilm Screening. Please see individual threads for more info on each of these events.

    - Other ideas for social events include a 'Concert Under the Stars' in Upper Merion if we can find the info, dinner party, wine party, OT screening and PA Ren Faire.

    - Rob was away on biz. His report on charity groups we can get involved with will occur at a future meeting

    - Jason and Jeff of the 501st were both unable to make it. Their presentatoin on the org structure of their group and getting organized to do charity work will occur at a future meeting

    - Our website is up and live! Yay! News and Events are functional on the front page including direct feeds from theforce.net and a link to the main FanForce.net homepage. Check out our spiffy banner at the top with Philly in the far distance! Great work Nick! Really looks awesome!

    - Dues will be collected on an annual basis. This is to defray costs of having shirts made for each member to wear at non-costume charity events, and to defray costs such as domain registrations, etc. Dues will be $10 per person each year or $15 each family per year. The $15 per family means your S.O, spouse and children can come to events when appropriate. We won't collect any dues until we get a logo designed and are ready to have shirts made. Natasha graciously offered to design our logo for the shirts.

    - Thanks to Art and April for joining us. They were in Philly on vacation and got in contact with me about Shampoo so I invited them to our meeting. They are from L.A. and Art is trying to start a chapter out there.

    - Our next event at Shampoo on Saturday, June 22, 2002 makes us OFFICIAL!!! Yay!! Official in less than three weeks..that may be a new record for FF chapters.

    Signing off,
    Calixte
  3. Calixte Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    May 3, 2002
    star 4
    Shampoo 'Dark Side' Event 6-22-02
    Thanks to all who came out in costume for this event. We had a great time as evidenced by the pictures (see link on phillyouterrim.org)

    We had 7 in attendance. yay!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.