MEETING MINUTES

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    It's the return of the Mandalorian Meeting Minutes!


    Meeting Date - 07/21/2007

    Members present - TK (Rotag21), Steve (jediscar), John (Baron_Soontir_Fel), Christine (MasterAdana), Brandon. Everyone was joined by their respective families.

    Cookout! - First off a great big THANK YOU to Steve and his wife Tuesday for hosting such a great cookout! The food was faboulous, as was the company. Thanks so much for welcoming everyone into your home! it was great to get together with everyone again, and I believe this was the biggest meeting that we've had since we got back from C4. After much eating and chatting we had a short list of business...

    Fan Film ideas - What started as a silly impromptu sketch in Los Angeles in out hotel room has blossomed into something more. The working title is 'A day in the Life of a Stormtrooper'. What started with TK being covered in the bathtub with Star Wars toys (don't ask) has become something so much more. So if anyone has ideas about what would happen in a day of the life of a trooper, please post them. The wackier the better! TK also had an idea about a Tusken in a bathroom (yeah, he's sick)...

    Supermegafest - It's getting close to that time of year again where we begin thinking about SMF. This year the New Hampshire Mandalorians are thinking of putting in a Fan Force table to represent out group, and to possibly raise money for a good cause. Right now I believe that the Mass. group is going with the Neely Foundation, so we could pick the same, pick a charity from NH, or something that would cover the New England area like the Jimmy Fund. We will also have to look into getting a banner done for the group. Anyone that is interested in going and help man the table, please post here or PM me or TK.

    Pocketmodels! - After the serious business was concluded, we all jumped in to have a massive game of the SW Pocketmodels. We had 6 players going after everyone, with the most contested piece of space being the Watermelon system! (You had to be there). Not sure if there was a clear cut winner as most of us had to head home because of the lateness of the hour, but perhaps there can be a rematch in the future...

    That was about it. We had a great meeting and TK should be making a post soon about the August meet, where I believe we'll be talking more club business (SMF, etc). Hope to see everyone there!!

    />
  2. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    My bad, I forgot to mention that James and his family was there as well. Sorry James!
  3. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Way to forget James. lol

    Well, I like to thank everyone for showing up at this past meeting. I believe a good time was had by all. :)
    Thanks again to Steve & Tuesday for be such GREAT host. Steve nice job working the grill my man.
    I believe the next meeting time and place are still up in the air. As some as I know a bit more I'll past it on. I believe will go with another poll on the date. That seem to help get an idea of what people are looking for. As well the next meeting is more on the business side. We need to talk about SMF and also do some work on the short films. I would all like any idea on the web site. We (I) have not done anything to it in some time. It definately needs an up date. ok, till than....

    SeeYa,
    TK

  4. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Meeting Date: 08/26/07

    Present: TK, John, Brandon, Andy, Tara, Jess

    This meeting we welcomed two new members in Andy and Tara! Great to meet you two, and we hope to see you at future meets!

    We had a great spread of food for the meet, from Chili, assorted meats and cheeses, crackers, chips, salsa, etc. Thanks to everyone that brought something.

    The NH Mandalorians WILL NOT have a table at SMF. It was decided that the table fee was on the expensive side, along with the ticket charge. So no table this year, but we should have a good tunrout of Mandalorians attending!

    We all went to TK's storage area and picked through his doubles of his SW collection. We went through close to ten totes with just about everyone grabbing something. Couldn't ask for better prices! Don't forget that there will be another chance to go through the totes thios Saturday, Sept 1!

    Andy brought along some props that he made. Excellent work on the two lightsabers and the snowspeeder model. The lightsabers were definately movie prop grade, they were that good! He also brought along a copy of the Muppet Show starring Mark Hamill, R2 and 3P0. I haven't seen that since I was a kid!

    I believe that was about it, as I left around 4:30. If there was anything else that happened, maybe TK can fill in the blanks!
  5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    THANKS JOHN!

    Well for the most part after 4:30. Was just sitting and talking time. We did look though a couple more books. Brandon found some of his modle pic's on line and for the most part just hung out.

    So you missed nothing big after that John.lol

    Till next time.......

    SeeYa,
    TK
  6. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    I forgot..lol

    We did dress Andy up in the Tuskin and take a couple pictures for him to photo shop for the kids.

    I know Andy I still have to send them over to you....lol :)

    TK
  7. MasterAdana Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 21, 2007
    I truly enjoyed my first meeting in July and hope to be there in September.
  8. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Hello,

    Well, all are welcome again for Sept. We will start posting info some. We'll need to pick a TIME & PLACE. Alone with a date. So keep your eyes open.

    SeeYa,
    TK
  9. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Date: 01/26/08 - First meet of the new year!

    Members in attendance: TK, John, Steve, Pete. Meeting location was Steve's house in Alton.

    Topics discussed:

    T-Shirts - The idea to have club t shirts created was raised. TK has a computer program that will make designs for T Shirts. We will work on a design for the shirts at a later date.
    **I was talking to Brandon Sunday and he is willing to work on a design for the club**

    Website - Pete volunteered to donate his time to redesigning the web site. Members brought up moving the web site to a free site such as Tripod, and deferring the current cost of the site amongst the group. For the time being the site will remain at www.banthapoodoo.org.

    Pocketmodels - Steve has applied to Wizkids to be an envoy for the Star Wars Pocketmodel game. he has not heard back on his application.

    RPG - There was preliminary discussion on when to hold the RPG sessions. It was decided that it would be held one session a month, but no decision on the day. Most members decided that Sunday would be the best time for them. More discussion will be held on times/dates at a later time.

    Playtime! - Steve had won original Star Wars Playdoh molds off Ebay. We spent a good portion of time making various models out of the molds and pics were taken. Pictures will be posted in the near future.

    Meeting was concluded approximately 4:45pm
  10. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Nice Job John!

    I knew we had you around for a reason. lol

    I'll hopefuly be talking with the comic guys again over the weekend on getting something done up for the new logo. I'll let you all know how is goes.

    SeeYa,
    TK
  11. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Nice minutes. Glad to see at least one of us is fully functional. Am going to follow up wth WizKids tomorrow about the envoy test.
  12. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Let us know as soon as you find out anything, Steve. Good luck!

  13. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Steve,

    Ralph said you can put the shop down as the host site. They just got back the game waivers for hosting these type of games. He is working on getting a gaming master judge? Something like that for the shop. He has someone taking the test in the next few weeks.

    Also if you can't get a hold of the people the way you are tring let me know. He maybe able to get you some more info. Maybe...?

    I let you know more when we talk next.

    SeeYa,
    TK
  14. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    STill haven't heard anything from Wizkids....
  15. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Meeting Minutes

    3/30/08

    Present - TK, Steve, Andy, Tara, Brandon, John; Meet was hosted by Brandon in Manchester, NH

    This was probably the most productive meeting we've had for a long time....

    April Meet - April's meet will be held at Jetpack comics in Rochester, NH and will coincide with a Pocketmodel tournament. Actual date/time has yet to be set, but it will be held on a Friday or Saturday as all of Jetpack's Sunday's are booked by other groups.

    TK's 'new' armor - TK brought the armor that he bought on Ebay, it was of an Ep III clone trooper/ARC trooper. It was... interesting. Mounds and mounds of hot glue and a unique paint job. It will take many man hours for TK to fix and repair the suit to make it wearable wethinks.

    Jumpcon - The group is looking at renting a Fan Table at this event. Cost is $25 for the table, plus the price of admission. There will be discounts on admission for at least two tickets; TK is looking into this and will post more as he gets the info. A need for a banner and flyers was discussed; TK still has copies of previous flyers and will look at getting some printed off. More info to come, which leads us to...

    Logo - A design for a group logo was discussed, Brandon and Andy will work on a design together, and other group members were encouraged to come up with a design. Basic elements should include: The Old Man of the Mountain, the state of NH and the Mandalorian symbol.

    Dues - The topic of re-instituting monthly dues came up. An amount of five dollars/month was raised, and an option to make a yearly payment was offered. The money raised by dues would go towards paying admission costs to shows that members would attend; paying for food and drink at meets; possibly help defer travel/lodging costs for Celebration trips, etc. The topic was tabled and will be discussed more in depth at later meetings.

    Website - The NH Mandalorians website is no longer active. The site was basically inactive and wasn't worth paying the monthly/yearly fees to keep it active. It was suggested to look towards free web hosting, ie: Geocities, Tripod, or perhaps a MySpace page.

    Exposure - The group wants to get its name out in the public and in doing so increase the membership of the club. Setting up a table at collectible shows will help with this, as well as networking with friends who might also be Star Wars fans. A 'Bring a Star Wars Friend' meet was floated ;)

    Upcoming shows - Two shows are in the near future. The Boston Comic Con is being held on April 13th. TK will be attending this show as a vendor, and will post more info soon. The other show will be held in Portsmouth and is being put on by Jetpack Comics.

    Comic book Day - Comic book day will be on May 5th. Jetpack Comics will be hosting the event and the city of Rochester will be getting involved. The 501st will be represented, and the group plans to have a display or table set up to inform people about us. Lots of event will be held in conjunction with this, ie: treasure hunts. On the Star Wars side, miniatures may be given out instead of a comic. Brandon may be setting up his action figure diaramas and Steve mentioned contacting Wizkids to have a demo set up for the Star Wars game.

    I left at 4pm, maybe Brandon or Steve can fill in what happened after that!

    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your March NH Mandalorians meet report!
  16. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    John ,

    You are the BEST!! Very nice as all ways. I'd like to thank everyone that made if for showing up. I do hope everyone had a good time? I know this meeting was mostly business but it was needed. It had been a long time since we talked about the books, rules, dues, ect.

    I think it went well. I'd like to thank Brandon once again for being this months host.Thanks You. By the way please find a stool and have the FAN fixed in the bathroom. lol [face_sick]

    I have posted up some info on the 2 up coming Comic shows you spoke of. If anyone has any question please just let me know. Till next time....

    May the Force be with us ALL...

    SeeYa,
    TK
  17. Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 7, 2008
    star 2
    wow!!! john way to go, looks very good well done. it was a good meeting. now we got to follow up what we talked about. and keep moving forward.
  18. Cephas Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 23, 2003
    star 1
    Why not generate interest in us at the same time as doing something for a charitable cause at the same time? Like a food drive, a "Toys for Tots" kind of thing, or a book drive for a local library, etc? (just quick ideas) It'll show that we are community driven as well as fans of Star Wars and maybe we could get the 501st to appear as well!

    Thoughts?
  19. jediscar Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 22, 2007
    star 3
    Thanks for posting the minutes, John, and thanks again Brandon for hosting. I like the idea of a charity event, we just need to organize some kind of activity that folks can participate in as a reward for contributing. This might be easier with a little more planning and a larger group.
  20. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    John,

    By any chance do you keep a hard copy of the meeting notes? Just wondering. If so I'd like to get a copy of anyones you have. Just to file in the Star Wars log I have. I still use the one we has back in the day at Rik's shop. It no big deal I know they are posted up here. So....

    SeeYa,
    TK
  21. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 16, 2008
    star 1
    I feel like I'm in Junior High getting the guts up to ask my crush to dance, but here it goes...I'm kind of new here and you guys sound like you have some great ideas. I'd like to join or help out if I could. I live in the Conway area, just moved here actually, so I don't know NH that well.
  22. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    Welcome PrincessVader! Glad to see that you stopped by and checked us out. You'll find that we are pretty normal people (for the most part.. sometimes I wonder about Brandon) :confused:

    Please make yourself at home here and post freely. Your input is most welcome, and maybe we can all get together to meet somewhere. We have a get together this Sunday in Alton, if you are interested I'm sure we can furnish you with directions, if you are comfortable driving from Conway. It's probably about an hour drive to Alton, but I could be wrong.

    Anyhoo, welcome and thanks for checking us out!
  23. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    The only hard copy I have is from the last meet. If you think you can read my hen scratching then you are more than welcome to them. I'll try to remember to bring them by tomorrow.
  24. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
    Hello PrincessVader!

    As the CR for the New Hampshire Madanlorians WELCOME!! We're glad you stoped by. It's all ways nice to see new people and hear what they have to say. If I can help you out with anything here on the boards please feel free to ask.

    Just to give you a little info on use as a group. We have been together now for over 6 year's We've had as many as 25+ active members and have mostly about.. give or take a dozen right now. lol We have both guy's & girl's in the group. We are young and old. (Mostly old) lol

    We meet once a month for our reg. group meeting and would love to have you stop by sometime. Our group is an 18 and over groupe. Only for the fact that we have adult get together sometime. Drinks, movies, trips, ect. Most of use have some kinda of family's with and with out kids. So we do something have family day's lol So kids are welcome to SOME meeting. For the most part the group is our escape from the real world to be kids ourself's for an afternoon.

    We do all kinds of thing Star Wars. Duhh.... From books to games. From toy's to costumes and eveything in between. Oh ya..shows!! We go to lots of show's. Toy shows ,comic shows, Sci fi conventions. You name it! So have at it... please enjoy yourself on the board.

    There are a few things I do have to point out to you. Only because it's my J.O.B being the boss. lol This site is clean .lol Meaning...

    - NO bad words. [face_not_talking]
    - NO Sexy things. [face_whistling] (Besides ME)
    - Have FUN!! [face_dancing]

    That's really about it. lol I sure you'll enjoy yourself in here. Well, I hope you do anyways. I look forward to hearing from you more and at some point meeting. Thanks again for stopping by I do hope you like it.

    SeeYa,
    TK

    Oh ... one more thing I have to ask. If you deside to stick around with us I would need you to please fill in your contact page a little more. Your profile. Name, place, email stuff like that. That's all. No need to do it now. Just in the future.
  25. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 9, 2003
    star 4
    4/20/08

    Members present - Steve, Brandon, James, John. Meeting was held at Steve's home in Alton.

    Treasurer - Steve was nominated as treasurer by John and seconded by Brandon, and Steve accepted.

    Comic Book Day - Group discussed where things stood as in relation to Comic Book day in Rochester. Tentative assignments were given out, James will provide the table and cover. Brandon will design and provide a banner. Ideas included raffling a basket of Star Wars items, Brandon raffling off one of his dioramas, selling refreshments, etc. It was noted that Tara and Andy may provide baked goods? We need to find out from TK where things stand with Comic Book Day (if us setting up a table is still a go, etc.), and where TK stands with the club flyers. Steve and James will not be able to show up until 10:30ish due to other commitments. It was noted that it is under two weeks until the event.

    Club logo designs - The group went over the submissions for the club logos which included the group that Andy and Brandon created, and the 4 that Steve came up with. After much consideration, the field was narrowed down to four designs. A final decision will be held at a later date when more members can attend.

    Pocketmodels - Steve passed out the prizes for the pocketmodel tournaments and we went right into a game between Steve, Brandon and John. It lasted over an hour when the game had to be called because of lateness. Let me state for the record that I was on my way to beating Steve and Brandon! :D Next time, I will finish the job! :D

    BTW, Steve showed us his special project, in which I took pictures. I have yet to load the new camera software onto my computer, but I will post the pics as soon as I can. It was a sweet job done by Steve!

    Meeting concluded around 5:45pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.