O.C, CA Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by droideka27, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    This thread will be for everyone who would like to know what went on during our monthly meetings. This will be emailed to all who are on the yahoo groups page, and eventually on our website, but this post if for non-members who are part of FF to see what?s going on. Any questions, please PM me. Thanks!

    Also, thanks for taking an interest in the OCSWS! If you live nearby please come to one of our meetings!!! :)

    post for the last meeting will be up a little alter tonight. I'm not quite done with it yet. Thanks for being patient :)

  2. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    Meeting on Novemeber 10, 2002
    Started at 1:30 pm, at Lamppost Pizza in by Chapman.
    Topics Discussed:

    • News letter: We are going to start having a monthly newsletter that will be emailed out through the yahoo groups page. Make sure you all have joined the Yahoo page, please! If you have an idea for an article that you would like to contribute, PM SRB_Jedi_Knight. People with titles will be in charge of articles pertaining to their positions.

    • 501st: we are working on our contacts with the 501st. Shawn and others will be working on achieving better relations with them and better planning future enevnts that involve them.

    • Comic-Con: This extremely fun event will be held July 17th-July 20th, down in San Diego. I attended last year, and I had a GREAT time. This year we are working on having our own booth. To make this work, Shawn is currently trying to obtain a booth for us, for free. I am working on trying to get us a discount on a Banner to have on our booth. We will need volunteers to work the booth, and will be able to obtain a few free passes, but not many. I hope everyone is able to go to this, as it really is a great event.

    • Website: We are going to have our won website! Britt is in charge. He created http://www.bobafettmp.com/ which is an amazing site! I am sure he will do a GREAT job on the OCSWS site. Currently, the web address for our site is www.orangecountystarwars.n3.net, but stay updated, because there may be a change in the address. Barry is working with Britt on graphics for the site. If anyone has contributions to the site, please let one or the other of them know. On the site we will hopefully have all the past meeting minutes, and member profiles, links to our online store, our yahoo groups page, and much more. Looking forward to it!

    • Hometown Buffet: This sounds like it will be a cool event. Held at Hometown Buffet, we will have a ?Space night? where we can go in costume, and the food will be themed and stuff, it should be a lot of un. Right now it?s still far away but more updates will come with future meetings. I think this will be with others like the SD FF and stuff.

    • New Postitions: Somehow after volunteering to be minute keeper, I also got nominated to be secretary and treasure. :p SO, now for the update on the treasury: We have $6.38 :p We?ll need more than that to purchase our banner, but I?m sure we?ll work stuff out in the future. Jane also is now the offical events photographer, along with Reneee.li]
    • Lightsaber building class: Don will be holding a light saber class some time after Christmas I believe for anyone interested. He and Barry both made their own sabers and they are both amazing! Don has the tools needed for the Job, and the experience to help you. Anyone interested, either PM him, or bring it up at the next meeting. They are supposed to only cost about $30 in parts, which is quite amazing for how great they look!

    • Trivia Contest!: This was definitely the funnest part of the meeting. Shawn came with typed apges of 11 SW OT Trivia questions. We corrected them together, and Jim and Don tied for first. In a tie breaker, which took like 20 mins :p , Don emerged the winner. His prize was the very cool CORE RULE BOOK! Next meeting, Don will be hosting the Trivia contest. This will work very well I think. Means noone can win twice in a row, and it also means shawn doesn?t always have to get the prize :)

  3. This was just a really fun meeting. I met a lot of people I had never met before!

    Jim brought everyone many sw cards (thanks sooo much!!!)

    And Amy brought sw stickers for everyone!
    Here is a list of everyone that attended, Jim?s going to send me a complete one alter, from th/>/>
  4. />
  5. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    You jerk! :p I was there in spirit, and you totally didn't list me!!! I'd love to attend the next meeting, please let me know when/where.
  6. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    nice work tracy! you did an exellent job of keeping the minutes. your titles are well deserved. the next trivia contest will only be from the movies. if things get too easy then we will have to start using the SW books as well. thanks to all for participating!

    zhi-don
  7. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
  8. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    Excellent job! I'll be sure to put this up on the site once it opens.
  9. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    We should have a Star Wars dance party!!! Any takers?
  10. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    A DANCE party? You are insane Mikey. :p

    BEsides, I can't dance.
  11. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2002
    star 3
    Great job here Tracy!
    I'm still on a high from the fun meeting, getting Unleashed Padme and silver R2, and of course the DVD at TRU for 9.99 (Thanks again, SRB!)

    Oh, and Tracy.... if Yoda can 'saber-dance'.... you can too! :p
  12. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    a dance party???? i dont think so. a movie party? sounds good...see the other thread. i dont think jedis dance...yodas sword dance doesnt count...unless you want to call lightsaber practice dancing, then oke doke
  13. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Nov 5, 2002
    star 4
  14. jedi_janie Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 20, 2002
    star 1
    Great job Tracy! Yes, I was named Official Photographer along with Renee too, we can't forget her! I finally got my IMAX pics back and I will post them soon (probably on the yahoo group site).
  15. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 1, 2002
    star 6
    ^ I just gave jedi_janie her title. If I need to do any more titles, please have SRB PM me with your user ID and the title you wish to have.
  16. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    What are you talking about: "Jedi's don't dance?" Didn't you see AOTC. You could tell that Anikin was trying very hard to keep himself from shaking his kaboose in the bar scene. And, what about The ewok celebration in ROTJ, isn't Luke swaying back and forth a little? Not to mention Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anikin's ghosts. You could tell those spirits really wanted to bust out the macarena!
    Oh, and PS: none of us are actually jedis :eek:
    So- When is the party? :p
  17. awesome_jack Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Oct 15, 2002
    Sounds like you guys had too much fun! I'll try harder to make the next meeting.
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
    Yes we had a very fun time!
  19. jedi_janie Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 20, 2002
    star 1
    Mara Jade you rock! Thanks for my title!
  20. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    Meeting on December 8, 2002
    Started at 1:30 pm, at Lamppost Pizza in by Chapman.
    Topics Discussed:

  21. Lamppost pizza: First, and very importantly, :p We are very happy with this Lamppost pizza as our meeting place, and will probably continue to use it for awhile. They let us use a sectioned off room, with about 9 tables they we can move around to form one big table. It is not very crowded, since it?s a Sunday afternoon, and it is quite a nice place. Plus, we can get 2 extra large pizzas and three pitchers of soda for $35 which is also nice. And the pizza is very cool. For those of you who have never been there, here is Britts areal map, and the address is 1829 E Chapman Ave. and it is in the City of Orange.


  22. 12? Vader world tour: This is our OC Board thread on this subject. This group is sending a 12? Vader figure, by mail to every Official Fan Force Chapter. Vader was finally sent, and we should be seeing him here in OC around may or June of 2003. Where we will take a group picture with him has yet to be decided but we have a lot of good ideas.


  23. Comic-Con 2003: This is a big topic, and consequently will be subdivided.

  24. * Our Booth: Shawn has done a lot of work (Thanks!) and this week our plans for our own booth at Comic-Con will be finalized. Hopefully, it will be right next to the Rebel Legion, since Shawn will be working both booths. We will need people to help work the booths. Don will be one of the major booth workers, and myself and hopefully Jim will be helping him out. Anyone else interested, please let us know.
    * Give aways: Of course we will have fliers to pass out at Comic-Con, but we think we also need something more, like buttons. Any other ideas would be welcome, too. Comic-Con is still about 7 months away, but this is a big deal and we need to do lots of planning in advance. We will also have a raffel and give away 4 prizes, one on each day. We will be most likely doing gift baskets, filled with Star Wars merchandise, and other related products. Any contributions for this will be more than welcome.
    * Banner: To get a 3?x8? banner is going to be slightly costly. I am going to be able to get us a 25% discount, as one of my friends works at Kinkos, but it will still end up costing us about $120. At the next meeting, we really need donations from everyone. $10 minimum, to about $20. This is essential for Comic-Con. We won?t look very impressive without a banner!
    * Tickets: Here is the Comic-Con 2003 official site. Nothing is up yet for preordering tickets, but information will be psoted, as it is revealed. Check out this site for information about last years Comic-Con. I went, and it was a lot of fun.
    * T-shirts: Designs are being worked on for OCSWS Comic-Con t-shirts. I strongly encourage everyone to wear these at Comic-Con to futher get the work out about OCSWS.
    * Rooming and Attendance: We would like everyone to participate in this, and it really is a lot of fun. I suggest going all four days. Rooming arrangements are being worked on, trying to minimize costs.


  25. Costuming: Anyone interested in Making a Jedi Costume, Barry, Don, and Shawn have already completed very nice ones, and would be more than willing to help you out, if needed. Just let them know. Also, if there is anyone that can contribute a special talent, such as sewing, and could possibliy assist others, let us know!


  26. Lightsaber Building Class: Don will be holding a light saber builing class sometime after New Years. Anyone that is remotely interesting in crafting your own light saber, please come! More details will be give later.
  27. />
  28. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 1, 2002
    star 6
    WOW! That was quite an attendance you had. Our largest meeting was 20 people, keep this up and you'll beat us in no time.
  29. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
    The meeting was great and much fun was had by all! I'm looking forward to next month!
  30. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    hi MJF; thanks for the encouragement. it was really a great meeting, although i did do one trick question. ok..ok...dont throw things. anyway anakin does wear a cloak not a robe. everyone did really great on the trivia contest anyway. except renee who didnt know who darth sidious is....concrats to lori and to jane for doing so well. good luck lori in your trivia contest questions.
    it kinda looks like most of us are going to be jedi as those costumes are easier and less expensive to make or buy. well, except for britt and possibly shawn [the bad guys seem to be everywhere] lol...see ya at the next meeting.

    zhi-don
  31. pivy Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 12, 2002
    star 1
    Hey, sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but I noticed in your mintues that you might be looking for people who sew to help out with costumes. Just wanted to let you know that I'd be interested in helping out sewing-wise if you wanted.

    You guys certainly have a lot of things going on! I'm terribly jealous; I might have to defect to OC. :) No, really, I'd like to attend your meetings but it just hasn't worked out for me. Yet. :)

    --Ivy
  32. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    hi pivy;

    yes, we can use all the help we can get. im doing help on props: lightsabers, belts, boots and other jedi equipment. having someone who can sew would definately be a good thing. you are more than welcome to come to our meetings. you can belong to several fan forces at the same time. plus we can definately use your help. i hope you dont live to far away. PM me if you have the time to chat by email. i have mine on all day. cant be on the internet all the time though...darn!

    zhi-don
  33. pivy Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 12, 2002
    star 1
    I'm not very far from OC at all, that's why I kinda hang out in both LA & OC FF boards. I live in Long Beach (born & raised) and I work in Los Alamitos.
    I can't really message (at work, you know), but I check my email about 4700 times a day: pivy@aol.com
    I'm trying to get some pics on the web of what I've done, I suck at web design so if anyone wants to trade services...
    Anyway, here's a link to the Ep II premiere:
    http://hometown.aol.com/pivy/myhomepage/photo.html
    (Sorry, I also suck at that insta-linking thing :) My friend made his own Jedi robes but I could easily make something along those lines.
    And:
    http://hometown.aol.com/pivy/myhomepage/index.html
    (Old picture; it sucks; I have new ones but not on the web)
    I can email more if you're interested.

    --Ivy
  34. TK-1178 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 21, 2002
    star 3
    Hello,
    I'm happy to see OC FF getting together and active! :)

    My name is Jeff Teel, I'm the So. CA Rebel Legion Commander, member of 501st and one of the Founding Members of the SD FF Chapter! I hope to meet you all in person at future events! :)

    I'm chiming in here because I saw something that I would like to discuss. The Hometown Event. I'd like to know who you've been talking to about running one. The "Space Night" that we did at my father's store was a 1 TIME SPECIAL EVENT. It had been in the planning stages for almost 2 years! When you work with businesses and themes like SW, it gets VERY touchy! Both the club AND the business can be slapped with the wrath of LFL lawyers! I want to discourage any further planning for this event, just a little FYI from an inside source from HTB...

    Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.