Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by droideka27, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    without someone controlling him, he'd just lay there doing nothing

    Are you talking about Salacious Crumb, or Uma Thurman? I think this applies to both of them :p

    Well, can someone please tell me what the best Ben N Jerry's ice cream is, I'm supposed to bring some to a party and I don't know which is the most delicious. I like Phish food, but I have only tasted that and Cherries Garcia, so I am somewhat ignorant in this field.
  2. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    My favorite is Cherry Garcia by far.
  3. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    Meeting Minutes for March 9th, 2003
    (in order as discussed)

  4. Recruiting more members : A very important part to making the OCFF great is making sure we have a large a member base as we can. We need to get word out to as many places as we can to increase awareness of OCFF. Soon, Shawn will put up the fliers, so you can download it, and print it out and make a few copies and distribute them. We really appreciate this. There are two fliers. More members will help keep costs down as well.


  5. Grand Slam: Please Check out Shawn?s thread on this event.


  6. Banner Donations: We got $30 more from Amy, Mikey, and Dustin. Thanks guys! We are really close now. Britt is working on the Banner Art right now, and our goal is to have the banner ready by the April meeting, so everyone can see it.


  7. Domain name: We had everyone donate $1 for our domain name, so soon we will have a .com address


  8. Prize Baskets: Remember everyone, we will be having 4 different baskets, so anything you can pick up and donate will be great. Anything related to Star Wars is good. Comics, Posters, Figures, Legos?. Anything! Start finding good deals now, and it?ll be better in the long run. We will also be giving away an OCFF T-shirt with each basket. A nominal charge will be added to the price of your comic-con T-shirt to help pay for these.


  9. Badge Making: Barry has volunteered to make badges for everyone for Comic-Con and potentially other cons and events. He brought his badge he made for Celebration II to show everyone, and they look really nice.


  10. Website/Member Signup: We will be having the website ?dry loaded? on Britt?s Laptop, so that visitors can see our website. We will also have a sign up sheet for potential members. The raffle sign up will be here too.


  11. FRSA Radios: These will be incredibly useful at all future cons and events. Soon we will take a collection for these. Estimated cost is $20-$30.


  12. Club Dues: This meeting, we had to take collections for a number of things, and we will in the future as well. We have decided to have voluntary club dues every month. IF everyone contributes a couple dollars or even just one every meeting, it will build up and we will be able to use it for a number of things. These will be completely voluntary. If you are not able to contribute one month, it is perfectly acceptable, although we do hope that our frequent members will make an effort :)


  13. Gaming : There was a lot of interest in a Gaming Meeting, and hopefully we?ll be having one in April. At our next regular meeting, we will be creating characters, as a starting point for future RPG games. Barry is probably going to be the GM (Game master), but we don?t know for sure yet. :)


  14. Entertainment Earth: Due to the extreme lack of new figures in Orange County, Shawn and Barry are planning on getting together to purchase a case of the newer waves of figures from EE. Anyone interested, check out the thread on it that will be up shortly.


  15. Fan Force Market Place: This is an exclusive Forum for buying and trading star wars figures between FF members. There are some serious restrictions on who is admitted, and Shawn is held responsible for whoever he lets in. Punishments for scalping or cheating include banning. If interested, talk to Shawn.


  16. Costuming Workshop: We will be having a costuming meeting sometime in April, date TBA. IF interested, check back soon for the thread that will be started for it. You should bring your pattern and the correct amount of fabric to the first meeting, so we can get started right away. Costumes are great to have at Comic-Con!


  17. Lightsaber class: Lightsaber classes are going well. Aaron finished his saber, and it looks great! I am working on mine now. This Sunday at 1:30, we will be havi
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
    Great job with the meeting minutes Tracy! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job. And good luck to P_S as she will be doing these for now on.
  19. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Nov 5, 2002
    star 4
    Tracy is amazingly thorough. I definately have a lot to live up to! But I am looking forward to it :)
  20. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    the best ..ben and jerry icecreme....my vote is for fudge brownie...but im a chocoholic
  21. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 17, 2002
    star 4
    congrats princess...im sure you will do a fantastic job.
  22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7


    Treasury Update!

    ***We have $146 in our treasury***

    ($9 of that is for the domain name)

    Yay!!!!!

  23. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    - Posted this on website.......
  24. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    http://www.bobafettmp.com/ocff/minutes/3-9-03.html

    I added the Statisitcs to the quiz questions as well as the best 'funny' answers!
  25. LordJedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 15, 2001
    star 4
    No idea where to post this, but it has somewhat to do with the last meeting ;)

    I've got the trivia quiz for next meeting almost done. All I can tell you is to watch all 5 movies. There will be questions from every single one of them. I've even got a bonus question thought up already.

    And no, there won't be any Boba or Jango Fett questions (that would make it to easy for Britt :p).
  26. stagelife Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Mar 9, 2003
    wooohooo first meeting and at least one body part is in each photo... and uhmmm way to many of my.."funny answers" are in there sigh better luck next time
  27. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
    For those that have not done so already. Please check out the thread announcing the boards Britt has created. If you haven't done so already please go and sign up.
  28. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
    Just upping this so it is easier for Britt to find.
  29. Sith_241 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 23, 2001
    star 4
    Hey all,
    I was peruzing your minutes and noticed you are going to start an RPG campaign, The IE FF is dong this also, perhaps we could get together sometime and play as a group or some members could come and play with your FF or Vice-Versa. Just a thought....if your interested PM me!
  30. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    Okay, this is my first time doing this. No way I can even come close to how great Tracy did it!

    --------------------
    Meeting Minutes for April 12th, 2003
    (mostly in order as discussed)

    • Bowling Event: The turnout was great and everyone had a lot of fun at when we went on April 4th. It's possible well have another one (or other event) in May so we can start a fun event each month.


    • Comic Con Planning:
      1) FRD Radios - Initial talk about getting donations, but it was quickly sorted out when Aaron letting us know he had 2 that he will be bringing to Comic Con.
      2) Button Maker - We need to make about 1,200 buttons for Comic Con (2-300 a day handed out). Donna from the San Diego Fan Force did this for their group. We will be purchasing a Button Maker Machine (about $35) with donations. By the end of the meeting we had $27 in donations to go towards it. Shawn currently holds the donations. We will have to schedule meetings in order to put it together, the idea for 'movie and button making' was brought up and well liked by everyone. I (Britt) will design/finalize the logo for the buttons by next meeting. We are also asking for a volunteer to begin the process as soon as we get the button maker machine.
      3) Weekend Meetings - Starting June 15, we will be having Comic Con meetings once a week. Costuming meetings will be about once a week as well (at different times and/or Saturday/Sunday combinations). Everyone should be prepared for this.


    • Frank and Sons Trench Run: Shawn proposed a group event going to Frank and Sons (Collectable Market) next Saturday (April 19th) meeting at our monthly meeting spot (Lamppost Pizza) in the morning at 10am (time was changed on 4/13) to carpool/follow each other. We'll stay as long as everyone likes and everyone is free to come and go when they choose. A warning to those who wish to go however, your wallet will probably be less in weight and your hand holding a much greater equivalent when you leave! (In other words, you'll probably want to buy stuff!) This is also a good time to network and spread the OCSWS name out as well as passing out flyers.


    • June Beach Party: The 1st Weekend of June (June 7th) we will be having a giant event and summer bash. We will be inviting the LA, San Diego, Inland Empire, Mohave Desert, and Ventura Fan Forces to the OCSWS Beach Party. It will probably be held in Huntington Beach or wherever we can find open fire pits. It will start at about 9am and continue until the night when it closes. We will be barbequing, so we have a shout out for anyone who can bring their GAS powered barbeques. For Lunch, we will probably be having Subway sandwiches thanks to Tracy (Droideka27)! They will be at a reduced cost. For dinner, we will be cooking either Chicken, Hot Dogs, or Hamburgers depending on what's cheapest. Shawn and Tracy will figure out the costs for the OCSWS sometime soon, we will be paying for the event as we are the hosts. Donations for the event will happen in the the next few meetings. We'll need a head count from all the different parties in order to figure out the cost. We'll ask them to bring some extra food items as well as drinks. We'll also be taking firewood donations as it approaches as well. Along with that, we'll need to get Marshmallows and folding tables from anyone who can bring them. Again, this will be June 7th! Our Monthly Meeting will take place during or before the party.


    • Group Charter: Because Lucasfilm will be at Comic Con, Shawn and Tracy will be coming up with a Group Charter that will describe us and our non-profit status where all money collected goes back into the group and that money is collected through group membership to support the club. This, along with TheForce.Net logos on banners have helped saved other fan forces in past troubles. By the next meeting, a hard copy will be made.


    • Code of Conduct: Because of some events that happened, all members with titles will have t
  31. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    May 28, 2002
    star 7
    *claps*

    Yay, lovely job, Britt.

    Just posting to say that I read all that and am caught up, I just got back from my vacation.

    Trivia was hard this time!! I probbaly would have done pretty bad, I knew less than half I think. :p Good job!

    Hope everyone had fun at the meeting. see you all at the next meeting, or the lightsabver workshop or whatever :D
  32. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 2, 2002
    star 4
  33. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 2002
    star 4
  34. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    Thanks Tracy, and welcome back :)
  35. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    Welcome back Trace-dogg!

    I have a request (and no making fun of my lack of dork knowledge). I don't seem to be in the same message board loop that the rest of you are in. Am I missing some very easy, right under my nose, God Mikey, you're so dim way to search through threads that only pertain to our "Orange Empire?"

    Pretty much, this is the only thread that I know of to see what you've all been up to. Hence, I missed the last meeting. Well, if one of you could please let me know what it is that I am missing, that would be superb, superb. It would be superb.

    Thank you. And again, Tracy WELCOME BACK!

    <3
    Mikey
  36. LordJedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 15, 2001
    star 4
    Am I missing some very easy, right under my nose, God Mikey, you're so dim way to search through threads that only pertain to our "Orange Empire?"

    You could just use the search box at the top of the main thread, where all the threads in "Orange Empire" are listed. Be aware though that this message board search doesn't work very well (do any?) so it might just be easier to poke around through the threads to find what you're looking for. What exactly are you looking for anyway ?[face_plain]
  37. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    I think he's talking about the website forum ;)

    Mikey, it's currently closed as I make some transfers to it to the new website, but if you go to http://www.orangecountystarwars.n3.net/phpBB, you'll find it (note, that url will be useless once the forum has moved to http://www.ocstarwars.com)
  38. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 13, 2001
    star 4
    Now posted on the website (about a month later! :p)
  39. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2002
    star 1
    You could just use the search box at the top of the main thread, where all the threads in "Orange Empire" are listed

    This is what I'm asking about. I don't know where this 'main thread' is. Granted, I haven't tried very hard to find it, but that's what you guys are for, right? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.