main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by droideka27, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    This is my first time since becoming keeper of the minutes so if I forget something then sorry.

*Meeting was run by Tracy which was new. She was organized and everything went smoothly.

I. COMIC-CON

*Date is July 17th-20th

*We need volunteers to man the booth at all times. In the booth we will have the movies playing and laptops set up with our website up so people can view it.

*The Button Maker has been cancelled due to overwealiming cost.

*We will be giving away 4 gift baskets. Everyone needs to come up with items for it. Tracy will collect the items and they must be in to her by July 6th. Look for unique things.

*Banner will be ready by the beach party.

*If you have costumes to wear at comic-con then please do it. T-Shirts will be mandatory otherwise. Our fearless leader is working on the details for the shirts.

II. BEACH PARTY

*June 7th at Huntington Beach. Anthony to recon as to where the precise location is and Shawn will post that location after a decision is made.

*We need a few people to get to the beach by 9:00AM to hold the spot.

*We will be having subs for lunch and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner.

*If you have an ice chest that can be used for the party then please post that.

*As of now there are 14 confirmed from the Inland Chapter and 10 from Mojave.

III GROUP CHARTER

*Charter is up on boards. Everyone please check it out.

IV RELAY FOR LIFE

*24 Hour walk run event at Fullerton High School on June 28th.

*1 person to be walking at all times from 10AM-10AM the next day.

*$150 registration fee

*This is our first official charity event and will help get our name out.

*We will have a bank night for all the money collecting.

V CHINO AIR SHOW

*May 17th and 18th

*Contact Britt if interested in carpooling to this event.

VI Attendees

*My sign in sheet didn't make it's way back to me but looking through my magic mirror I saw Lori and Don and Mrs. Don and Tracy and Barry and Shawn and Jane and Britt and Anthony and The Crazy Bird Man and Dustin and Mrs. Dustin and Baby Dustin and Aaron and Mrs. Aaron and Baby Aaron. If I didn't put you down I apologize because my magic mirror is slightly defective. If only I could get that cool one from the Romper room.

That's it.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I think you did a great job for the first run, and Tracy has your attendee list so she will be PMing it to you so you can make the update.

3. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Also, me and Buckethead8723 were there. ;)

4. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    nice summation aaron. crisp, clean and to the point. you seem to have the job well in hand. congratulations again on your appointment.

5. starwars6554

Jul 9, 2002
    Oh yeah, it was really cool getting to meet all of you, and I look forward to coming to more meetings.

You haven't seen the last of me yet! :D

6. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    and I won the trivia contest!!!!!!! About freakin' time! I am already starting on next months so start studyin'!

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Start studying what? The holiday special? Books? The Ewok movie?

8. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    It was nice to finally met everyone. I didn't do so well at trivia. Next time I will study a little more.

9. jedi_janie

Aug 20, 2002
    Study the movies and books.

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Uh, all the books? I better get reading!

It was cool to meet you too buckethead, I don't think too many people did good on that particular trivia contest. It was a good one though.

11. jedi_janie

Aug 20, 2002
    well, let me ask you all this (not that it will change many of the questions I already have but...), all of you tell me what you prefer with the trivia contest. Do you prefer movie stuff, expanded universe, novels, comics, etc. Do you like a mix of all of them?

12. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I think Star Wars is a mix of them all movies, books comics - not counting infinities. So I think both the movies and Expanded Universe should be included except for the Infinities series of comics.

13. starwars6554

Jul 9, 2002
    It was nice meeting you too Buckethead...oh wait! I came with you, and I've known you since before pre-school! [face_blush]

14. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    Oo...Ooo..Oo.. Mr. Cotter, Mr. Cotter....

I was there also with my boys and guests from the 501st San Diego Squad.

Tim
    TK-1066
    501st LXO

and - da boys

and

Sam and Vickie Dix

15. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I apologize to everyone I missed. My magic mirror is in the shop and will be ready for next meeting.

16. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I do have the meeting attendee list, I'll post everyone who signed in tomorrow. But if you didn't sign the list, you wont be on there.

17. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Great Britt! Can you add in that Tim was also there aka aka Theatrix and list who were guests with him also.

Thank you.

19. starwars6554

Jul 9, 2002
    That's awesome, I'm in four of those pictures! :D

Great job!

20. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Members who signed the sign-in sheet:

Aaron
    Aaron-wan-kenobi

Jane
    Jedi_Janie

La
    Myst Windu

Don
    Zhi-Don

Barry
    LordJedi

Lori
    Jedi-Loreen

Dustin
    Dustinbrewer

Anthony
    Malice_Mizer

Collin
    starwars6554

Zack
    Buckethead8723

James
    crazybirdman

Britt
    Bobafett-mp

Tracy
    droideka27

Shawn
    SRB_Jedi_Knight

21. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Meeting Minutes for OCSWS meeting June 1st, 2003

Members in attendance:
    Tracy, droideka27
    James, crazybirdman
    Collin, starwars6554
    Zack, Buckethead8723
    Britt, BobaFett-MP
    Dustin (and family) , dustinbrewer
    Don, zhi-don
    Lu, Myst Windu
    Lori, Jedi-Loreen
    Renne,
    Jane, Jedi_Janie
    Barry, LordJedi
    Bradley, JediBlastech
    Shawn, SRB_Jedi_Knight
    Anthony, Malice_Mizer

Issues in order they were discussed:

Beach Party: We collected donations of $20 per person to finance our upcoming Beach party on June 7th. A total of $272 was our budget for this event. It will be held at Beach Blvd. and PCH. When you enter the beach parking, turn right. Look for the OCSWS banner ;) We are expecting ~60 people. This is a no dogs allowed beach, as a reminder. Thursday night Shawn, Barry, Tracy, Britt, Anthony and his gf met at Costco and did shopping. The food is being stored at Tracy?s house.

Relay for Life: We have collected $1183 so far in donations. Our goal is $1500, and it looks like we should be making that! REMINDER: every team member needs to order a t-shirt from our online store. Talk to Shawn about group ordering?he needs your orders BY EMAIL to shawn@ocstarwars.com by this Friday!!! For those of you who ordered a shirt though Shawn this week, remember to bring your $$ on Saturday for him!
    Also, we are going to need people there at 8am to help set up! All team members should be there then, if possible. The opening ceremony will be at 10:00am. There will be multiple events coinciding with the relay, such as the ?Care bear? lap, the PJ lap, free pancake breakfast, and contests for the most laps walked/ran. Remember to bring money, because all the other teams will be doing fund raisers, and you may want to buy things.
    Your donation money needs to be turned in by the 23rd of June. We will have a ?money night? to turn in the money on the 22nd.
    Lightsabers will be allowed, but blasters will NOT.

Group Charter: We reviewed the group charter. You can find it here. In the charter, leader positions are defined. They were voted on, or appointed, and are as follows:
    President / Supreme Chancellor: Shawn
    Vice-President / Vice Chancellor: Tracy
    Secretary / Keeper of the Minutes: Aaron
    Treasurer: Don
    Public Relations (PR) Officer: James
    Sergeant-At-Arms: Anthony
    Webmaster: Britt
    Congrats on the new positions!

Frank and Sons: June 14th will be a trench run to frank and sons for all who are interested. Everyone will meet at Lamppost and carpool over to Frank and Sons. Time TBA.

Club Dues: Starting with the July meetings, we will have a mandatory dues of $2 per person. The dues are ONLY to be paid once a month, even if we have more than one meeting. $24 isn?t that much for one year! :)

Comic-Con: Shirts will be up online soon. If you are interested, we will probably be ordering them as a group, to save on shipping. Info will be announced when it becomes available.

And check out our snazzy new banner!! Great work Britt! (If you dont see it, reload the page :) )

22. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Looks great, but am I the only one running at a high enough resolution that I see our banner and then half of Han's face followed by Padme, Anakin, and what looks like it's suppose to be the HB pier?

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    aI saw that once and then I went and refreshed it and it was fine.

24. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I still see half of Han's face

25. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    It's the background image. If you're running higher than 800x600, you'll see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.