1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Meeting next Saturday?

Discussion in 'Charlotte, NC' started by anakin_girl, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartooncheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Eccchhh... bowling.... Well, I'm a lousy bowler; although once I did get a strike whilst using the Force! True story, it is! In fact, the only strike I ever got! Anyhoo, if we go bowling I'll go, but prolly won't bowl, just watch cos I'm wuss like that. Dinner or whatever else anyone wants to toss out will work as well... I get off work round 5 so I should be able to make it someplace by six or so. BTW, where is the Carolina Lanes place?
  2. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    We're not planning on bowling this Friday.. but it's off of highway 51 past 74.. err.. if we go, I'll give you directions :)
  3. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK, sooo...who's coming tomorrow? Clay, are you there? Cheryl?

Since it looks like we'll have people tomorrow night, I'm going to assume we're still on, and I'll drive down to McAlister's after work. See you guys there--hopefully several of you. :)
  4. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Clay will have a PM in his inbox in the morning -- hopefully he'll still get it before the day's over.

As for Cheryl and Eric... well, I'll bother them too ;)

See ya tomorrow :D
  5. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here I am posting on another meeting that got cancelled. :(

Guys, if we're going to have a club, it's got to be someone besides myself and James. If we need to plan further in advance, that's fine--we can do that. But we are going to have to make plans for when we working folks can reasonably plan to be there--as in 6 p.m. or later, or on weekends. And we do need people to come whenever possible--I understand we all have lives (myself included--I don't spend anywhere near as much time on the boards as I used to), but it's hard to have a FanForce when people don't go to meetings.
  6. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tracy, if you'd given me two weeks notice I could have made sure I wasn't working last night.

So I think the things to do are

A) Plan a few weeks ahead of time
    B) Start a new thread every time to make sure that everyone sees that there is a meeting
  7. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Fair enough, Greg--I wouldn't mind two weeks notice myself, and I've also worked in retail/food establishments and I've got a pretty good idea of how they do their scheduling. But weren't you the one who suggested this meeting?
  8. Cartooncheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh cripes! I totally forgot about the meeting! Sorry, kids! : (

I don't have much internet access during the day like I did before, and I keep coming home and passing out after work, so I end up not checking like I should. I just got the private messages from you guys, and I can't believe I didn't remember our meeting!

As far as the way we're going, yes, I agree... I do want there to be a FanForce here and I love going to the meetings! Over the next month or two I'll be shooting a lot of weddings on Saturdays (and a Sunday or two as well, argh!) so it'll be hard for me to be at any on those days, but if we do things during the week, Friday night or Sunday I should be able.

Sorry again, kids! I can't believe I've gotten so braindead on all of this, but I accept your slaps and booty-kicks -- I deserve it!!
  9. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But weren't you the one who suggested this meeting?

Yes, but then you procedded to scuduale it for a known shift of mine, ignoring my screams of 'No! No!'...

Just sceduale another one, but give me two weeks notice so I can get off. That's why I was asking when I did, so that we could sceduale a meeting for a few weeks in the future.
  10. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    How about :

Saturday, Sept. 28th.
    Windsor Square Park --
    Chicken n Biscuits. We all have a picnic outing lunch together, and we each bring a certain food/beverage.

Sound cool?
    It's 2 weeks or so away.
  11. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You have the City Rep's endorsement on this one, James. :)

And Greg--I didn't know it was your shift until after James had suggested a meeting time.

But--water under the bridge. No point arguing about it. :)
  12. Cartooncheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    28th -- I have to shoot a wedding that day. I can't find my paperwork that tells me what time right now so I don't know if I can come for part of it or not. But I really want to, I miss you catz!! Let me know what time you're thinking of, and if it's early enough, I may be able to go. Usually I get to weddings around 4 or so, although I have some earlier. And if Saturday is looking bad, maybe we could do it on Sunday perhaps? Just thinkin'....
  13. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    I want to get us all together one day.
    Greg can't come on Sundays, and I'm normally really busy on them to (..or just sleeping). I didn't state a time because I was hoping we could all plan accordingly...

I'm open all day the 28th.

As for this Saturday, though, I've got some things to take care of elsewhere :p
  14. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Count me in, ya'll!

Anyone else?
  15. JediDad Jedi Knight

I'm checking my schedule now. What time of day were you thinking? Like Cheryl, that will make a difference for me.

Two comments: - 1) Kudos for scheduling this in advance. Makes it easier to plan for.

2) I agree that we need to start a new thread for each meeting. I almost missed this one.
  16. JediDad Jedi Knight

It will have to be in the evening for me. Just confirmed some things going on at church Sat. afternoon that I need to be there for.
  17. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    A new thread for each meeting?
    Alrighty. This thread is our "planning" thread, anyways..

But yeah... evening could work..
  18. bliv333 Jedi Padawan

I just now found out about you guys. Im a big SW fan, and I would like to get to know more fans around my area. post when and where the next local metting will be and Ill join.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.