main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Meeting Notes - Jan 11th and NEXT MEETING INFO

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LuminariUnduli, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Hi everyone - it was a great time at the Yardhouse in Long Beach this past Saturday night! Great beer, :p great food :cool: & fun trivia!! [face_laugh]

The Attendees were:
    AJTHELEGEND - City Rep
    JiltedToo/Nick
    SoCalSnow/Mike
    LuminariUnduli/Dara
    Jedilona/Tonya
    Nala-Alturi/Tinee
    SilentBobWest/Art
    DarthBubba/Marshall
    Dantrag_Thorn/Dan
    ClonedDarkLord/Anthony and friend
    Will
    Jennifer
    Joilyn

TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
    :confused:
    1. What hangar bay on the Death Star was the Falcon pulled into?
    2. Who knelt in front of the Emperor during his visit to the second Death Star?
    3. How many X-Wings were destroyed during the flight through the second Death Star?
    4. What was Yoda's last word?
    5. Where did Leia tell Vader the rebel base was?
    6. How many triangular sections make up a Tie Fighter's solar panel?
    7. Who was the first character to speak in Star Wars?
    8. Before the droids escaped to Tatooine, who was their owner?
    9. Who was the general who briefed the pilots for the attack on the first Death Star?
    10. What was the name of the ship that Vader attacked at the beginning of Star Wars?

The Winners are... [face_shocked]
    1st place 9/10 = SilentBobWest
    2nd place 6/10 = Will
    3rd place 5/10 = Jedilona
    4th place 5/10 = SoCalSnow

Next Trivia: JiltedToo

Our next meeting was agreed on by members in attendance as Friday Feb 21st, 7:00pm in Burbank/Sherman Oaks area... :)
    By popular demand, AJ has set the meeting in Sherman Oaks at:
    P.F. Chang's (Sherman Oaks)
    15301 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    (818) 784-1694

Hope to see you all there...
    May the Force be with you !!

2. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    We forgot about it guys, and no one reminded us!

For the record, I got 8 of 10. Good job SilentBob.

3. MyreAlonde

MyreAlonde Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2002
    And also for the record, Art, I woulda nailed a 10 outta 10 in about 20 seconds i think. Give or take a second or 2. I should get to these meetings so I can get more free stuff.

Jeff

4. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    Well Nick is bringing the next one - maybe you'll have your chance Jeff... ;)
    Hope you can make it to the next meeting!!
    :)

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Even though I am not involved in this planning process, thought I would share some info. about the restaurant.

PF Changs in located in the Sherman Oaks Gallera. The Galeria is off of Sepulveda exit from the 101, or Ventura from the 405 North. The mall gives two hours free validations. (don't go to Valet, they charge 4.00 for it)

There is also a Burke Williams Spa right above, and 24 hour fitness, so those who want a massage or work out, can do so. :D :D Oh yea, there is a B of A ATM at the mall, the restaurant entrees are $9-14.00.

We definitely will need a reservation with an accurate number, so we need to RSVP some how. The mall gets crowded because their is a Pacific Theatres 16 there as well.
    (I saw the digital version of Clones there)

After which, I will gladly provide anyone interested a tour of local Sherman Oaks Bars,
    and/ or Casa de Darth-Bubba.

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks for the info.. :)
    I hadn't even checked yet...

7. Landossidekick

Landossidekick Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey there. Great info Bubba.
    I'm going to try and make it this time to the meeting. Sorry about the Long Beach one. Just kinda far for me. Sherman oaks is much better. So Bubba count me in o.k. I would have answered a lot of the last triva right. See you soon all. Does AJ post anymore?

8. LuminariUnduli

May 26, 2002
    Thank you Darth Bubba - I greatly appreciate the info since I'm not from that area - I had no idea any of that info...
    Hey Landossidekick - Really do hope you can make another meeting - I understand about the distance, but every meeting is always far for someone since we're all so spread out - the travel once a month seems to be worth the time - so I hope you can join us again... (ie: Sherman Oaks is at least an hour drive for us)
    Having learned this very helpful info about PF Changs & that mall - I will create a new thread requesting the RSVP so we can try to get a true head count - unfortunately this has been unsuccessful in the past -
    so PLEASE encourage anyone you know to post if they're planning to come...

GO WESTSIDE !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.