Buff, NY "Meeting Notes (No Replies Please)"

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by strawbary, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2002
    star 5
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    I chose to post the meeting notes here so that no one will need to search through the forum to find them.

    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

    This thread will be used as an archive of what we have discussed at past meetings.

    Each meeting will be posted seperately as to avoid any confusion of mixing up meeting information.
  3. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    11/14/02



    Our meeting last night, 11/14/02 was successful. We had 16 members present and welcome all new members with open arms. Attendance was taken and a new email list began. The parade in Canada on 11/23 was brought up and members are checking their schedules. The group was informed about the Darth Vader World Tour and are brainstorming for ideas where to get photos of him with us. The idea was brought up to attend the very last screening of AOTC at IMAX and everyone is very interested and excited. We discussed our reactions to the editing of IMAX and talked a little about the DVD. Everyone was shown the name badges that we wore to the theater and placed their orders for their own name badge. The group was given the assignment of looking for a more private place to hold our meetings. Winch is looking into a domain name for the group, and Jason and Jay are researching the info needed for our t-shirts through their connections. We shared photos of Celebration II and some started our speculations for EpIII. We decided to meet again on Sunday November 17 at 2PM at the food court again.
  4. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 11/17/02

    Christian, our city rep, started the meeting off with a welcoming of a new member, Mike, user name chewbaccarocks. We talked about the last showing of EPII, and how we would be able to get a group rate. We were given the assignment of finding a charity. All members were asked if they could make a phone call or write a letter to a charity. Places to meet is also on the assignment list. If we could all make some phone calls to see if we can find a place, it would be greatly appriciated. We looked at some ides for the t-shirts, and so far the North Ridge logo will go on the front of the shirt, and the Imperial Snow Flake on the back. We have 15 shirts pre-ordered already, so if you want to get one please let Jay, user name starwarsarmboy, know. All money will be collected before the final purchase is made. Speaking of money, we announced that Larry and Janice, user name videoprince, will be heading up the Treasury Department. Anyone interested in helping out on the Fan Film Software Wars should contact lightsabersanonymous. We need weapons, costumes, and a project site. For more info visit www.geocities.com/hardwarewars2/software.html

    On the subject of props, Chris, user name winchkafor brought in his EL Lightsaber. We discussed an idea of starting a workshop to make our own Lightsabers. On the lighter side, we talked about the EPII Easter Egg Bloopers. If you have the DVD, you go to the THX audio setting, and push 11 enter, 3 enter, 8 enter, to see the bloopers. We talked more about EPII and the costumes we will create for EPIII.

    Larry and Janice volunteered to be treasurers for the group and everyone agreed on appointing them this position.
  5. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 11-22/11/23

    We had 2 new members meet with us Amanda, user name Across The Stars 86 and Marty, user name Solo 42986. A total of 7 members meet on Friday and 12 members on Saturday. We voted on the graphics and the color of the group t-shirts. The shirts will be black. On the front left it will say THE NORTH RIDGE BUFFALO NY in blue. Around that will be STAR WARS FAN FORCE in yellow. On the back of the shirt it will have the imperial snowflake in blue. The price of the shirts are $11.96 for sizes s-xl and $1.50 extra for xxl. Everyone who buys a t-shirt is asked to add $8.00 on to the total so we can order extra shirts for when new members join.
    We will have a chance to be on TV. A cable access program called HOME OF THE FUTURE TV, TRUCK STOP INTELLECTUALS will have us on soon. A few of the members will be asked to be on the program. They will ask us questions about our group and we can bring in some of our collectables.
    Chris A., user name Lightsaberersanonymous was at the meeting to talk to us about the fanfilm Soft WARE WARS. The items he still needs are listed on his site www.geocities.com/hardwarewars2/software.html On saturday we had a group of UB film students there to interview us on how mythology and star wars can be linked together. A few of us stayed to help them with there film theses. The questions were very well writen, he put allot of thought into this. The next meeting we hope to have will be on a mon or tue after thanksgiving to collect the money we need for the t-shirts, but bobachris will let us know before hand.
  6. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting 12/7/02

    We collected the money for the shirts and hoodies. Janice and Larry have opened a checking account for the group. We can use this to buy any supplies and to make our donations to charity.

    We are in the process of researching how to make the window clings for us. A clerk at Office Depot informed us that we could not use a laserjet printer because it would melt the special paper. If anyone is interested in a window cling, it will have our symbol, the blue Imperial snowflake with the North Ridge logo underneath. It will cost about $2 per cling. Email me with your order please.

    The plans have begun to attend a Sabres game in mid January. We talked about inviting JediNiagara and Rochester to a game.

    Jason N investigated some charities with Friends of the Night People and the City Mission. More information is being sent to him shortly. If anyone has any info with a charity, please respond in the charity thread that has already been started.

    Lastly, we played 20 questions to get to know each other more. There is a big mix of people in their hobbies, musical preference, favorite foods, and Star Wars experiences
  7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 12-21-02

    A total of 8 members made to last nights meeting. We handed out our new north ridge t- shirts and talked sw. Chris our city rep talked about what we should and should not say on the message board. Marty and Amanda were at the meeting and we made them answer the 20 questions. We all did it at one time and it helps us all learn more about each other. Chris and jay made the north ridge window clings for us also. For the members that didn?t attend the meeting you can purchase 1 for $1.00 four of them come on a sheet. The extra money will go back in to the account so we can do other things for the group.
  8. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting date 1-8-03

    We had a total of ten members at the meeting. A new member joined the group her name is Michelle user name Tari_Nolatari.

    The first piece of new business was to decide on a Jedi council. The council members are as follows Chris our cr, Chris A, Jason, Amanda, and Janice. When a problem arises it will not just be boba Chris that has to make a decision the council will decide.


    ?Where in the world is Darth Vader? If you are interested in seeing where Vader is on the world tour look at this site. www.bostenrebels.net/vader.htm

    The TV. Appearance is coming up soon and we have another meeting next week to talk more about it. We will get two ten-minute segments to talk and show just about anything we want to. If you are interested in being apart of the show make sure you contact boba Chris.

    On the topic of the fan film Chris A. let us look at a portion of the script for the fan film. A few of the members picked out what parts they want to play. The first shoot will be on 1-25-03. If you are interested in acting or helping out please contact light sabers anonymous.
  9. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 1-17-03
    The meeting started with Jay putting on his armor for us. It was very interesting to see how it all came together. He did nave to stand all night, but he will have to get used to it. Chris our cr gave a few group members titles. For taking care of our bank account Janice and Larry were give the title of Cantina Cashiers. I myself was given a title for writing the meeting notes; I have the title of Jedi Temple Archivist. More titles may be handed down for members who show hard work in determination.

    Many of you have already read Chris?s post that the Jedi council has been dissolved. But all the north ridge active members will elect a new council. The first thing you must do is to nominate someone you want for Jedi council before Monday night. The next thing you must do is vote for four members that were nominated and one padiwan learner. The idea of having a council is that when problems arise it is not just one person making the decision but five people.

    We are looking to make a new website. If anyone has a good idea on where to go please let bobachris know. We are trying to find out where to get a domain name and web hosting that is not expensive.
  10. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 1-31-03

    We had a new member meet us for the fist time. His name is brian user name STEMMI.

    Our first piece of buisness was an issue of conduct on the boards. Make sure you be careful what you say on the boards. We dont want any mean language to be writen,and remember every time you post you are saying something about yourself and our fan force.

    As everyone knows we have troops overseas, and as a group we would like to send a care package. We can all put something into the package and then send it to our troops. The things we could put in there are books, playing cards, lotions, and much more. We want them to know that we are thinking about them. We can all put your note in the package as well.

    Last but not least we talked about the jedi councel. It will no longer be called that it will be a group of people 2 men,2 women,and 1 youngling and they will be called the DIPLOMATES. We will all have a chance to pick who we want to represent us on the diplomates. You must e-mail our CR with the people you picked to be on the diplomates, a list of them will be posted on the boards.
  11. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting Date 2-16-2003
    Eastern Hills Mall Food Court

    Today we had 3 newbies meet us...Dennis (Zev formerly wambamthankuzam), Eric (wampamanfromhamburg), and Matt ( DarthKarza ).

    The first order of business was our charity. Mindy has contacted Ronald McDonald House here in Buffalo and expressed our interest in helping out. We are still waiting to hear back to set up a day to meet with their volunteer coordinator. Mindy explained that there are several options we can do to help out including cooking dinner, entertaining the families, landscape help, and general fundraising.

    Next up we talked about planning an outing to a Buffalo Destroyers game. We are planning on attending a game on March 1. More details will be available in a seperate thread.

    Some other activities we are in the process of planning are picnics, a Lasertron outing, a lightsaber workshop, and the costuming workshop. The next meeting will be to plan our designs for the lightsabers and see what materials we are going to need to purchase.

    The care package we discussed at the last meeting is going to be assembled in the next couple of weeks. Several members volunteered to shop togethger to get the items we want to put inside. If anyone has any ideas what to include, please let me know asap.
  12. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    2-25-02 Eastern Hills Mall Food Court

    We collected the money for the tickets to the Destroyers game. The arrangements were made for dinner as well as carpooling on Saturday night.

    The website information was discussed and the details are still being investigated. Larry is working with a friend to try to get us the best deal.

    A shop has been opened at Cafepress.com for the group. The design is in the process of being fitted to the products offered on the site. An order will be taken once a month for anyone who wished to order any merchandise so we get a 35% discount. The site offers many products with our own snowflake logo on it. Some of the items include fleece jackets and pullovers, mugs, mousepads, hats, messanger bags, frisbees, lunchboxes, boxers, tank tops, and undies. By ordering in a group of 15 or more items, the discount applies as well as a savings on shipping.

    Plans were also set for the first lightsaber workshop. It will be March 19. e will meet at Home Depot to purchase materials and then work together on designing them.

    Jay brought the barrel to the E-11 blaster he is working on to show everyone. We then discussed the new line of toys coming out and the new packaging design.
  13. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting 4/2/03 @ Eastern Hills Mall Food Court

    We started by greeting our newbie for the evening, Chrissy, AKA Brian's wife.

    I handed out agends to the group and got positive feedback for them. This will allow everyone to be able to take them home and check on the dates and times we need as well as give thema chance to write notes during the meeting.

    The first piece of work was the Destroyers recap. We all agreed that we had a lot of fun. The North Ridge has been invited back for the last two games of the season by the Promotions Director form the team, Brian Donoghue. Everyone is interested in attending again. The games are 4/26 @ 7PM and 5/11 @ 3PM. We will be meeting with the team shortly and more details will follow. Everyone in attendance also signed a Thank You note to be sent to the team.

    The website is in the developmental stages. It is currently at www.thenorthridge.com. Lary reported that Ken has been working on some designs for the site, but is waiting for our ideas as well. Please contact Larry or myself with any ideas you may have so we may forward them to Ken.

    The group fund is getting low. We are trying to get some ideas to help us build it up.

    We have different options with our charity situation. Ronald McDonald House was our first choice, but after meeting Paul at the game, we can also work with him for the Boys & Girls Club. Everyone agreed that as long as it is helping any charity we will be happy.

    We want to rescedule several events. If you have a date in mind that is good for any of the folowing, please email or PM me:
    - Lightsaber Workshop
    - TV Show
    - Ronald McDonald House cooking or cleaning

    Janice told us of a company that makes t shirts with movie quotes on the front. It is everyone's homework to come up with a quote for the shirt. More details to follow.

    Janice brought pictures that Larry was able to reproduce for us from the game. The pics were $4 for the large group photo or $3 for the small candids.

    The last piece was to get as many members together for a group picture with the FanForce banner before it leaves Buffalo. The agrred date so far is Friday April 18 @ 6:00. We will meet at Mindy's house and her Dad has agreed to take our picture.
  14. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    22 April 2003

    The meeting started with some recapping on the Destroyers game on Saturday. We set a time and place to meet up beforehand and will work out carpooling arrangements there.

    The website was discussed also and in addition to getting a complete overhaul its also getting a different URL. The new addy is www.thenorthridge.com. Keep your eyes peeled for the new changes taking effect.

    An upcoming meeting at Barnes & Noble was also touched upon for ideas. This would be used as a "recruitment" foray.

    Future group activities were being thrown around left and right; some of which include appearing at an upcoming auto show, an excursion to Lasertron, a trip for free icecream soon, and tenative planning dates for the remaining Destroyers games.

    Since the game/movie nights have been so successful ideas were brought forward concerning those too; mainly a OT marathon, an Indiana Jones rump numb-a-thon, BBQ's, and eating arrangements.

    Finally the notion of a small dues fee was mentioned as the funds of the group are basically non-existent. This is still in developement and will have to be discussed further.
  15. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    5/30/03

    The meeting was attended by the following members:

    Larry, janice, Jay, Jason S., Christian, Mindy, Marty, Matt, and Shawn

    Majority of the meeting was spent going over the draft for the By Laws. We discussed the details in great length and decided that there was only one thing left to do....vote. Everyone who is on the group email list was sent a copy to review and cast their vote by Monday June 2 at 10pm.

    The idea of attracting sponsors was brought up and we have several places to approach for help. If we gain enough sponsorship, the dues will be decreased or eliminated, depending on budget. We also agreed that we should ask for an appearance fee for activities to help fund the group account.

    It was suggested we set up a Pay Pal account and have a link on the website for people to pay their dues. This idea is being looked into and more information will follow.

    The group will be collaborating on creating a Release Form to use for events that we particiapte in costume. We see it as a way to protect both ourselves and the places we visit.

    The remainder of the agenda will be carried over to the next meeting.
  16. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    07 June 2003

    Eastern Hills Mall
    Christian, Mindy, Matt, Larry, Janice, Jay, Danielle, Myself (Brian the B-nugga), Shawn, Gil, and noob Cynthia were in attendance.

    We ripped right into recruitment meeting places; the most mentioned being the Bookworm Cafe. We looked at meeting there at least once a month possibly the last saturday. Hopes are for a Tuesday July 15th meeting. Also mentioned were other ways to get exposure.

    We breifly touched upon a group appearance fee. For the most part its still on the table.
    A release form was tossed around a bit too, mostly how much it should cover in the event of a mishap with a costume; how much should be covered, what it should cover, all that good stuff.

    Summer events started to blossom from fledgling plans. Darien Lake, Lasertron, picnics, Movies, and conventions were all thouroughly touched upon. We even discussed inviting other fanforce group out to play wih us.

    The By-Laws were once again discussed; amendments were brought forward. Most of the discussion centered around dues for children in the group and family rates. Membership packages were also delved upon, as was an emergency contact info sheet.

    The 6 month review of the diplomats and other offices were evaluated. There should be more info on that forthcoming.

    And finally a member has a fanfilm in the works that there could possibly be a meeting for in the future.

    O yea and we need more pics of group outings so everyone bring their cams and dont be shy with the shutter!
    Peace!
  17. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    June 17, 2003

    Attendance: Larry, Janice, Lisa, Marty, Shawn, Christian, and newbie Tim

    The Amendments to the By laws were approved by the group. The official By Laws will be signed at the next meeting. At that time, all other members will be signing as well.

    The review of the Diplomats was completed. The group will stay and be called upon when needed.

    Tim introduced us to his idea for a fanFilm. He is planning on preparing work and filming within a year. If anyone is interested, conatct Nightfire103 for more info.

    I will be sending out the Contact Information forms to everyone via email. Pleas efill them out and return at a future meeting.

    We will discuss the options that sponsors will have in more depth at the next meeting.

    The North East region is tring to put together a regional t shirt with graphics. If anyone has any ideas, please PM me as the CRs will be holding a chat soon and will be presenting the ideas
  18. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    July 9, 2003
    Eastern Hills Mall Food Court

    Mindy Larry Shawn
    Chris Janice Jay
    Bryan Lisa

    We all took turns introducing newbie Bryan to each other and showing him some pics from past events and answering questions.

    I. The issue of Secretary was brought up to fill the position of full time Secretary. An email will be sent and a vote will be held shortly.

    II. Nominations and volunteers are also being accepted for the vacant male position on the Diplomats.

    III. We looked at the available groups to be paired with in the Twinning Program. This program is being set up to promote fun with a group you would not normally have the chance to meet. We agreed on the Hotlanta Rebels, but the pairing has not been confirmed. Both of our groups share many of the same characteristics.

    IV. We see sponsors as a way to lower the cost of dues. A scale was discussed and we agreed to not accept lower than $25. $50 would give the sponsor a business card sized ad on the website along with a link to their site. We also have the option of placing their name on our flyers. $100 would give the same as above, but also a place on our board that we use at events. The group brainstormed ideas for sponsors and we work together to create some literature to take when we approach a prospective sponsor. If you have any ideas of anyone you think may be willing to sponsor us, please forward your ideas to me.

    V. We will fill out the Contact Info when we sign the By Laws.

    VI. the Northeast Region is still in the process of designing t shirts for the region. Severla ideas were discussed and the main concensus was to incorporate the ESB logo and relace with "Northeast FanForce". the back would have an outline of all of the states in the NE Region and "theForce.net" somewhere on the back. The idea was presented to also put theForce.net on our next t shirt run.

    VII. Our group shirts will be a different color. Right now, the ideas are gray or white with blue trim. we will also add the website name.

    VIII. The idea to get together with YJN and Rochester was brought up. We plan on inviting them here to Buffalo to join us in our 1 year anniversary party to be held on 9/27. More details will follow.

    IX. Mindy proposed we start a NR Book Club. we would all agree on a selected SW novel and give everyone a specified amount of time to read it if they have not already. The first meeting will be 8/18 at a location TBA with the discussion of Tattoine Ghost.
  19. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    August 25, 2003 Jay and Danielle's house

    Members present:
    Jay, Danielle, Janice, Larry, Mindy, Chris, Bryan, Jason, Michelle, Amanda

    First up on the agenda was the picnic we have been talking about for a while now. The basic details are as follows:
    Date: September 14 at 12 pm
    Where: Losson Park
    A thread will be posted with more information to be found there.

    The next event is the Grape & Wine Festival parade that we have been invited to with YJN. A thread of its own will also be started for this event.

    We will be working on costumes in preparation for the parade. Contact Janice and Larry to schedule an appointment to get the work done that you need. A tentative list has been started for the work needed to be done.

    September will mark our 1 Year Anniversary as an offical FanForce chapter. To celebrate, we have set aside a special day to celebrate together as a group. Check the anniversary thread for more info.

    We have decided to put off the sponsorship presentations until October due to the many events we have planned for the month of September. Some events to be planned at the next meeting will be movie nights, Fan Film nights, a visit to the Cleveland Crunch, game nights, and a Halloween party. The promotional video, "Jedi Idol" will also begin preparation in October.

    Everyone is on the look-out for a good deal on t shirts so we can make another run of shirts. Not everyone in the group has a shirt at this time, so a new batch is needed.

    The club dues were also brought up as a reminder. The first day to pay was August 1 and the last day is October 31. If you need to work out a payment plan, please email me and we can discuss a plan workable for you.
  20. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    October 12, 2003
    Mindy's House

    Present:
    Mindy, Chris, Janice, Larry, Jay, Lisa, Victoria, Chris A., Marty, Mike

    We started by introducing ourselves to a new member, Mike, aka Tramp. The next step was a review of the parade. It was agreed that we all want to march again next year and had a blast even though it rained.

    Everyone has homeowrk to do. We are all going to get information on a different charity and bring it to the next meeting.

    The Sponsorship program will be worked on more next meeting as well as "Jedi Idol."

    The winner of the Anniversary Game was announced. Mindy squeaked to the front of the entries and won by a single point. marty was given Honorable Mention for his popcorn catching skills.

    The Matrix Revolutions opens next month and we may go see it as a group.

    A Thank You note was passed around from Jay's Mom. She is very appreciative of the flowers and for cheering her up as well as helping Jay through the situation.

    *******************************

    Please check the boards one hour prior to weekeday meetings due to the fact that i work until 7 pm now. Larry will be in contact with me to see if I will be leaving on time or if I have to stay later.

    ********************************

    The book club will meet in early November.
  21. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    11-15-2003 Jason & Jamie's house

    We started by welcoming back some members. Everyone introduced themselves to one another and became familiar with one another as the night went on.

    Next up was the introduction of the Seargant at Arms position. This will be a rotated position for each meeting. jason volunteered for this meeting and did a great job. The main duty is to keep order and keep everyone focused onteh agenda so we can move through the meeting quickly.

    The Santa parade with YJN is Nov 22. Those wishing to attend need to vote in the poll. The tentative plan is to meet at Mindy's house and carpool. We discussed the idea of bringing drinks for everyone for the post-parade party.

    Ideas were thrown around for ways to draw more attention to and provide more interaction with the Hotlanta Rebels. So far we are working on Trivia contests, an online snowball fight, a sports bet with the Sabres, an online scavenger hunt, online Yahoo games, and even a LAN party. Ideas are welcome.

    This year, we are planning ahead for the holiday party. It will be hosted by Lisa and Rob. There will be an online vote to decide if we will chose secret Santas or if we will exchange ornaments. Another idea was to have the party a pot-luck event. instead of pizza, we can all sit down for a holiday dinner together.

    Election time is right around the corner. Once again, there is a poll to decide if we want to vote for new Diplomats, or retain the current administration. The Secretary position will be open and nominations will be taken shortly.

    Everyone can expect to see a compilation list of charities that we came up with. We will narrow down the field and put the final decision to a vote at a future meeting.

    We have been invited to Niagara University to help with a pre-game show for a hockey game and a basketball game. One will be in January, the other in February. More details to come.

    Jedi Idol will be tentatively set aside for filming in January, pending Bryan's schedule.

    The Treasurer's Report was that our group fund is currently debt free and our balance is $210.46. The book club is looking at a possible date of Saturday December 6 to discuss Legacy of the Jedi.

    A reminder to everyone to watch their language on the boards. please keep the language to a PG rating. If you would not hear language in a PG movie, please refrain from using it in a message in the forum.

    We will be looking into a facility to practice our saber work to use a demonstration at events.

    C3 should be announced shortly. If we want to stay near each other in the same hotel, we need to organize according to who plans on going.

    Our official Game Winer colors from now on will be green.
  22. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Aug 30, 2002
    star 9
    Meeting of: January 31, 2004 at 7:00 PM
    Jason & Jaime?s House

    ATTENDANCE:
    Chris (CR), Chris ?Winch?, Marty, Lisa, Rob, Bryan, Larry, Janice, Scott, Mindy, Shawn, Ken, Gil, Matt, Jaime, Jason.

    I. Introduction of members:

    Winch ? Sgt-at-arms, Rob- Acting Secretary

    The meeting began with the hand out of the Official By-Laws, Meeting Agenda, Member Roster, and Underage Member Policy.

    Treasurer?s Report by Janice: $247.79 in account as of 1/31/2004.

    II. Communications

    Chris will now begin to post weekly club updates via members usual email every Monday and Thursday (probably around 7 ? 8 PM).

    Deadlines to respond to participation in an event will now be in effect.

    III. By Law Review

    The following changes were recommended for the ByLaws

    Article II . ?Buffalo? should be replaced with ?Western New York area? ? agreed to by members present.

    Article II. ?race? should be replaced with ?ethnicity?.

    Article IV Attendance is mandatory at a planning meeting for that specific event in order to take part in that event.

    Article VI. Email voting will be allowed for only by-law amendments.
    Officer voting will be held in person, at a specific meeting which will be announced at least 30 days prior.
    Unopposed candidates will be winner, provided that a quorum vote within 2 weeks does not overturn decision.




    III By-Laws Continued:

    Article X: Suspension of a member automatically disqualifies member from attendance at all non-meeting events, and includes but is not limited to loss of voting privileges.
    Any suspension and details shall be determined at the discretion of the diplomats.

    ?Harassing? will be defined by guidelines established by the State of New York.

    BY LAW AMMENDMENTS WILL BE POSTED TO THE BOARDS FOR REVIEW BY ALL MEMBERS. AT THE END OF 2 WEEKS AN EMAIL VOTE WILL BE TAKEN APPROVING OR DENYING CHANGES.

    Article IV. Assignment of 2004 Officers

    Secretary: Jason
    Sgt-at-Arms: volunteer position at start of each meeting.
    Treasurer: Larry & Janice (until resignation or demise) as that checking account signatures would be too problematic to adjust each year.

    Book Club Moderator: Mindy

    AV person: At events to run photos, printing, selling of photos. At this time it was asked that Jaime handle this duty, as well as an alternate.

    Twinning Committee: Chris, Gil, Winch. (details in Section IX)

    Events Coordinator: A volunteer position in which that person will be responsible for coordinating public events (NU games, etc). Winch and Scott chose to decline holding this position. Coordinator must also be in an uninhibited costume; which would prevent effective communication and control of event. Any questions or concerns would be handled by the coordinator, who would also oversee members are performing their assigned tasks during event.

    It was also discussed that any guest FanForce clubs attending an event sponsored by The North Ridge be held to the same by laws and rules as the North Ridge. This includes but is not limited to proper decorum and willingness to participate in the effective operation of the event.

    Diplomat review: Due to a leave of absence by Jay, it was decided that Bryan would take over Jay?s position as Diplomat until Jay returns.

    V. Charity:

    The Compass House was chosen as the official charity of the North Ridge. Mindy will contact Compass House to finalize details.

    VI Sponsorship Program: Tabled until next meeting.



    VII. Jedi Idol (FanForce Film)

    Cast is in place. Bryan will contact those involved regarding task assignments. Rehearsal date was set for Saturday March 13th. A tentative date of MARCH 27th was set as the shooting date. Larry will contact EXTREME WHEELS to see if this conducive to their schedule. Chris (CR) and Winch will work on set design.

    VII. North Ridge Book Club

    Mindy will serve as ?librarian?. The book selected is ?I Jedi? and will be discussed on April 24th at 7:00 PM. Meeting location will be announced.

    VIII. Events in the Work:

    Gil?s
  23. jedijason8080 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 8, 2002
    star 4
    Meeting 2-21-04
    Time 6:50-9:15
    Members in attendance ATTENDANCE:
    Chris (CR), Chris ?Winch?, Marty, Bryan, Larry, Janice, Mindy,Shawn, Sean, Gil, Tramp, Jaime, Jason.


    We had a new member join the group. His name is Sean or Irish Luck.

    The treasury department made known the amount of money in our account and it was double checked by Brian.

    Our head of the charity department Mindy announced that we are invited to visit compass house. We will try to meet with them on the 5th or 6th of March. Many ideas were thrown around about how to raise money for the charity. They have a wish list of items they will need besides monetary donations.

    Jedi idol is on hold till we can find a location to practice and film.

    We are trying to start a sponsorship program. We will be asking businesses in our local area to sponsor our group. In return we will place a link to there website on our website.

    There will be more special events in the works besides game or movie night. There are some sci-fi cons that are close to us they are: Eerie con VI in Niagara Falls NY April 16th-18th Larry Nieven will be a guest. Toronto Sci-Ficon is on may 30th they will have Mike Edmonds who played Logray. Also the toy world café will turn 1 years old on the 27th of March.

    Marty had made our light saber hilts and had passed them out. He had made each one different and they were all great. He carved each one of these out of a chunk of 2x4. All that is left is to paint them and add the dowel for the blade.
  24. jedijason8080 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 8, 2002
    star 4
    Meeting Date 3/20/04

    There were 12 members in attendance. 6:45PM-10:00PM


    1.) Treasurer's Report - A payment was made for the website. We are all paid up until next year.

    2.) Forum Issues - The RSA's had to give out their personal info. The big problem was that the info. would have been on an unsecured website.

    3.) Jedi Idol - The 4th edition of the script was handed out. If anyone needs a copy, we can send you an email. The location is set to be at Shawn's church.

    4.) Northridge Merchandise - We can get t-shirts for $11.00, and sweatshirts for $25.00. We may also be able to get patches made for around $4.00 plus the set up fees. If enough people would like varsity jackets we can purchase the jackets alone for $49.00.

    5.) Saber Academy - Saber Academy will be postponed for a few weeks while the dance studio will be building a set for their next preformance.

    6.) Upcoming Events - Toyworld Cafe will be 1 year old on March 27th. We plan to make an appearance there from 12-2. Clonewars Cartoon, Lisa plans on having us over to watch the episodes from 9:00PM-12:00AM on April 10th at her place. Please bring snacks and soda. Bookclub Meeting is still scheduled for April 24th, at 7:00 PM at Larry & Janice's. We also ask that you bring some snacks and drinks. The next saber academy will be on April 17th. After the academy we will be having dinner at 5:00PM at Moon Buffet, and then the meeting at 6:30 PM at Jason & Jaime's. If you need directions to Moon Buffet or Jaime & Jason's please email Chris.

    7.) Sponsorship - We are looking for local companies to sponsor our group. They will have links to our website for $50.00-$100.00 donations. Jason and Jaime each have 1 sponsor to start. Any info. needed will be available to give to people who are willing to donate but need more info. on the group.
  25. jedijason8080 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 8, 2002
    star 4
    Meeting Date 4-17-04 6:45pm ? 8:00pm 12 Members in attendance

    I. Sponsorship Program ? Chris (cr) will be putting a program together. He wants us all to look into companies for possible sponsors.

    II. T-shirts- There is a new company we are looking into for shirts. The new color will be a light gray.

    III. Charity softball- Everyone is encouraged to join in for the charity softball event. More about this is on the boards.

    IV. Fan club movie- The movie is planned to start filming in June.