Calgary -- ** MEETING: November 21st, 2005 ** --

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordain Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there...I look foward to seeing everyone. :D
  2. Jordain Jedi Knight

star 1
    On the other hand...maybe I won't be able to make it tonight. I think I'm coming down with something. :( Hope the meeting goes well.
  3. tk-627 Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bah! Today is the 21st?!?!

Man.

Sorry. I really was meaning to come by!
    Jen
  5. Nite_shift Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was also going to go , but i did the mistake of laying down on my bed.
  6. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    Tonight was AWESOME.

Welcome to all our new members! It was lots of fun to chat with you and get to know you better.

Here's a small run-down of what we talked about (aside from the usual show and tell and other goodies)...

Jedi Meditation is this Wednesday, November 23rd at 7:00 pm. Even if you could not attend the last session, you're welcome to attend this one. There won't be any problems.

Fame for Food (where we go to Sobey's in Riverbend and donate food to the food bank in exchange for some television time on CityTV) will be on Saturday, December 3rd. Ryan (Prelude) needs some confirmation as to who can make it, etc... he will create a seperate topic for that information and discussion.

Ryan is also in contact with someone at the Hitmen Hockey club to find out about a possible group rate on tickets to the annual Hitmen Teddy Bear Toss game (where everyone brings a teddy bear to donate and we throw them on the ice when the Hitmen score). We think it will likely take place sometime during the first weekend in December. More details to follow.

Boba Jay will be hosting a Christmas party on Saturday, December 17th, starting at 3:00 pm (ish) and going all night. This will constitute our "Holiday Event" as well as our December meeting. SAVE THE DATE! More details (in a seperate thread) to come.

We'll be changing the location of the meetings in the new year.

Finally, we have agreed as a group that it is worth our time and effort to work towards bringing in a "big name" guest to Con-Version 2006. What this means is that we will endeavour to make ourselves available for volunteer opportunities leading up to and during the Con. As for WHO this "big name" guest is, that remains to be seen, but we feel it's a good thing to do for fandom in Calgary and it's part of our job as the Fan Force to "step up to the plate" and make things happen.

Did I miss anything? If I did, feel free to post!

I had a great time tonight, you guys. I'm so glad I could finally come to a meeting and hang out with all of you. Yay!
  7. Tabularo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just wanted to say it was great meeting you all and I hope to make it to future events.
  8. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was great to see some more new faces last night. Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks Veritate for the summary of events.
  9. GoodLife Jedi Padawan

great to have a run down of all that was discussed, especially for myself and others unable to attend. Now I've really got to get my stuff finished up in time for Fame For Food and Dec 17th!
  10. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was a great meeting. Glad to see some new faces in the group...welcome all!
  11. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I will see what I can do about getting Dec.17th off. I look forward to more details on that.
  12. Eric_Nevera Jedi Padawan

Hey everyone.

Just one of the new faces checking in. I thought the meeting was great and I look forward to becoming more involved in the fandom.
  13. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Nice to see you made to the board Eric.

Ryan
  14. Talmerith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey I finally got around to registering here. Just thought I would say hello, I was the one in the red cloak at the meeting ;-}

Had a great time at the meeting, looking forward to future events.
  15. Eric_Nevera Jedi Padawan

Was wondering how long it would be before you registered, sis... Glad to see you made it.

In case anyone's wondering, I was the one who introduced myself as tagging along with the woman in the red cloak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.