Meeting on Feb. 6th at Oceanview Library

Discussion in 'Hampton Roads, VA' started by Thumpy, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumpy Jedi Master

star 4
    Feb. 6th Meeting (Saturday) - 3:00 - 5:00 PM at Mary Pretlow Oceanview Library, 2nd Floor Conference Room.

Mary D. Pretlow Anchor Branch Library
    111 W. Ocean View Ave
    Norfolk, Va 23503-1608
    http://www.npl.lib.va.us/branches/pretlow/pretlow.html

We may have elections if there's a contested position(s).

Cantina Night at Mojo Bones afterwards if there are enough people wanting to go!:)
  2. engineer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another post-meeting possibility would be to head over to Hampton and check out Arena-Racing. Or as I used to call it when I was involved "12 knuckleheads - nowhere to hide".
  3. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I am the Marketing/Sponsorship Agent for the #5 "Buffalo Wild Wings" Arena Racing Car. I probably wont be able to go to both the meeting and the race (went to the last race). However, if you go an hour early you can walk around in the pits and see the cars up close. Look in the paper for coupons for buy one get one or $5 ticket night. I also Market/Sponsor the #14 Super Street class race car at Langley Raceway (season April-Oct). I'm coming from Langley AFB how far would you say the library is from there?
  4. Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Knight

star 3
    that is so cool.

I'm going to see the Daytona 500 on February 14th.

I'm fairly excited about that.

5. engineer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a suggestion Mike. Rent one of those sprint scanners that includes the video feed. Daytona is HUGE and you will have difficulty seeing what is happening at the far side of the track. Oh, and don't hock your bike shops at the Hendrick trailers. :)
  6. Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello Engineer,

so I got seats on the opposite side from the start finish just after turn two. I'm seated in front of one of the big screen TV's.
    What is the best row to get? I got row 5 in section c.

thanks for the input.

ciao
  7. engineer Jedi Knight

star 1
    You'll feel the cars going by.

Rule of thumb for all tracks is the higher the better.

To get the full experience, try to arrive at the track when the gates to the parking lot open. have food and a grill. Half the fun is tailgating before the race.

Be prepared for traffic jams that make the worst days through the HRBT look mild. Race day is a LOT of people going to one place.
  8. engineer Jedi Knight

star 1
    To answer Jedimomtosith's question:

The library is close to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. All told 10-15 miles from Coliseum Central.

You go through the tunnel, take the second exit after the tunnel.

At the bottom of the ramp, turn left towards Ocean View.

When you get to Ocean View, turn right at the light.
    Immediately after the gas station at the corner, bear right onto the flyover to stay on Ocean View.
    Keep straight through 2 lights.
    Right before you get to the third light, you should see the only tall building in Ocean View on your left.
    The library is across the street on your right.
  9. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks for the directions...That was alot easier to follow than mapquest..I might be alittle late son has B-day party to go to.
  10. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    Due to the new weather situations for Sat, are we still having the meeting?
  11. engineer Jedi Knight

star 1
    As of now, I would say yes.

I will check with the library tomorrow to see if this changes. If it does, I will post (or Alan will, technically he is still in charge).

While we are looking forward to meeting you, if you feel that you don't think you can safely make the meeting, please don't try. I would rather wait a month to meet you than have you get hurt or worse trying to get to a meeting.

We will post information on this board about things that are coming up, so keep an eye out here as well.
  12. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I will see you all next month!
  13. wendynat Jedi Knight

star 3
    We won't be making this one, either - will see everyone next month!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.