main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Meeting on June 8th at same location as before!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ok,
    i spoke with someone at the atomic comics store that we always have our meetings at (the one on alma school and southern) and they said the WILL NOT be moved by the 8th.
    for those of you who didn't know, atomic comics mesa is moving down the street to (this will be confirmed at the meeting on the 8th) country club and southern.
    an exact location will be provided at the meeting on the 8th, and will be posted on the PFF board as well.

EDIT: SORRY, GOT A LITTLE CONFUSED ON DATES...DOH!

2. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm a little confused... So, the meeting is still on the 8th?

3. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    If they are indeed moving on the 8th (a Saturday and our regularly scheduled meeting day) I hope they don't expect us to help carry stuff.

4. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    lol...yes, the meeting is on the 8th.

5. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    UPDATE: I called Atomic Comics of Mesa to clarify so that the correct info is posted to the PFF website. Atomic Comics will NOT be moving until JULY, so the meeting will be at the regular bat time and bat channel.

Atomic Comics of Mesa
    June, 8th
    3:00pm

cya

6. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Do I have to bring a bat now?

7. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    Might not be a bad idea. :)

8. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sadly.. The Corey Feldman lookalike will prob not be at the june 8th meeting.. doing B-day stuff for my wife...hope you guys and girls have fun... and try not to kill each other.:)

9. sock_puppet212

sock_puppet212 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hello, I am new to the valley and I was wondering if I could come to your meeting?

10. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Sure...and you can bring your sidekick along with you if you like... 8-}.

11. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    SURE! It's open to everyone!

12. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Would someone please post full details on the meeting here? Thus far I have gathered that it is at Alma School and Southern @ 3pm on June 8th. Is there anything else we need to know?

13. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Bring snacks. :)

14. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    sorry liquido, lemme fill you in...

the meeting is at 3:00pm, saturday, june 8th, at atomic on the northwest corner of southern and alma school in mesa. you can go to the atomic comics website for a map of the location if you need one! you can bring some snack foods and canned soda if you like, but it is totally optional. we plan on watching joel's tape of the line-up, so bring your eyes too! :p

if you need any more info, feel free to ask and i will post it as soon as i can!

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I also ahve a tape of some media coverage. Anyone have a dubbing machine/2 VCR's, so I can shorten it down?

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    good idea! i suggest if any members have any tapes/recordings of the line-up, bring 'em to the meeting, we will try to watch them all, and we could talk about making one big digital compilation...

17. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    I do have some editing software if no one else does. But since it's my home computer it will be a somewhat low res bounceback to tape.

18. Phoenyx

Phoenyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Greetings programs. Yes Sideshow, due to my lack of anyother truly effective medium for comments, I have decided to join this group and throw caution into the solar-winds as it were.... For those of you who don't know me, and who might care, allow me to introduce myself. I am a longtime friend of Both Sideshow and his silly norse companion, ya know that guy with the z24? yeah him. Darth Moe. :) I participated in teh previous line, and was kept absent from this line to the massive amount of effeort required to organise and run a con. I simply could not do both. And since I knew Sidshow could handle himself well, I didn't feel a need to but in. But alas I digress. Suffice to say, I was contacted by members of this body to provide information on conventions and what not. I have been digging into Casfas, but trying to get anything out of them is like trying to get the Shiny stuff away from a Squib. For now, the best I can do is what any bright lad with a search engine can do, give you URLs. so here you go.

http://www.casfs.org/

This group deals with science fiction conventions, so they should be who you need to hook up with. I can only aid those of you who are interested primarily in gaming. Whatever your poison of choice is, I can hook you up. D20, D6, D&D, Starwars, almost anygame out there. Now, on to the meat of why this is here. Due to schedualing conflicts, I cannot make the meeting on the eigth at that time. I will not ask you to reschedual on my account. I will make the next one if possible.

May the Force be With You.

-Phoenyx Ashyr

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome to the Fan Force, Phoenyx. We have meetings at least once a month, if not more often. If you miss this one, there is always the 4th of July bash! :D

20. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Can someone PLEEEEASSE make me a copy of any dubbed footage from the line up? I was on a few channels and would LOVE if you great and caring bunch of people would throw me together a tape as well.. if you have time.. I cant come to the meeting due to my wife's b-day stuff goin on that day... but I can always get it later...

21. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    you just want footage of me playing with your lightsaber.

heehee.

i probably shouldn't have said that but i've been awake 22 hours so i'm no longer responsible for my actions. snoogins. :D

22. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I'm planning on being at the meeting, and I'll have a bit of a treat with me. My mother was going through some old stuff and dug up something that I had forgotten about. Star Wars ABCs, on tape, narrated by Anthony Daniels.

Oh, it is quite funny.

Aaron

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I've posted a write up about this event. We have a lot to cover, but I think we can get through everything quickly and move on to the important stuff: Having fun!!!

See you all there!

24. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    What are the chances the meeting will still be going on at about 5?

My sister flaked out on me, so no ultra-fan nephew. :( Darth Husband doesn't get out of work 'till 4:30.

I *really* want to be there, but I'm getting the horrible impression it ain't gonna happen. ~cries~

I'm gonna go pout. A lot.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    What are the chances the meeting will still be going on at about 5?

Probably about 99.9999998%

I've never seen ANY FF meeting get over in <2 hours. And I'm sure that this one will go long.

Just a hunch. ;)

So don't pout, just come on over! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.