main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Meeting on the 9th.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Hi Every one...
    Okay, suffice it to say I am sorry I missed out on the meeting(s) last week but being one of Georges Boyz I had to do something for God and Country.
    So the meeting, our third time is a charm meeting is on the 9th, same place, same time, and I really like the continuity involved here. It shows we are becoming quite the organization in a short amount of time.
    And for those of us driving in from all parts of the State we really count on that. I do at any rate.
    Okay here's what is on the plate for next month...
    -We need a name. As an officaila chapter we are going to need it. I prefer something, dignifies, and without a trace of cheesy ness.
    In other words FanForce Orlando works fine for me. I engourage all to make their suggestions and we will vote on it next month.
    - We need a City Co-ordinator. That is the other thing we have to do. I would like to have a no kidding election. I want it clear as to who we are going to stick with the responsibitities of the setting this up every month, planning the activities and informing everyone about what is going on.
    Besides we have to kick a name up North for their bureaucratic stylings.
    -After all of that is going to be our film festival. I will be PMing several of our resident film makers asking us to bring in their wares, and give us a rundown on their current projects. I know some of this got hit on the other day but I plan on this being a much more intenses display. I will bring my TV/VCR combo and my laptop with the dvd hook up. I will play with it to see if I can get it to transfer to the screen and if no we can just scrunch to gether to veiw the films.
    That is quite enough out of me for now. I look forward to heard=ing from ya'll again.
    Buzz

2. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Sounds great. In the last meeting, I volunteered for Fanforce Rep, so I don't see why City Co-ordinator wouldn't fall under that, seeing as I'm not attached to any film or costuming groups, this could be my 'niche' for now.

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Personally, I liked Lum's "The Orlando System" but that is kind of cheesy... What are your intentions for what a city coordinator would do?

We already elected Cigam Retah to be the FF City Rep here when that comes about, but I dont think we intended that to be more than here. I kind of assumed Delaya was the squad commander and arranger/note taker.

As for Fan Films, ok no problem there. :)

4. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    That's a good point, I was assuming this was something other than what she was doing. If that's what it is, then I'll cast my vote for her instead, and withdraw my previous statement, cause she's doing a bang-up job.

5. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Speaking of which... AHEM, where are those notes? :D

6. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I think Delaya is the perfect canadate for City Coordinator!!! IF she accepts I cast forth my ballet for her too.

7. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I believe Lums idea was Olando FanForce. (no R)
    Anyhow, I am humbled at the compliments. Thanks. I'm not really sure what a City Rep does, so I'll ask Minacia.
    And Lord Gita: Would you like me to send you a detailed e-mail on everything that went on at the meeting? I did in fact write down notes about the meeting.

8. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Olando FanForce: The Most Active Fan Force Group Ever!

You know, with our 15 meetings a day and all.

9. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    I think that having spent almost 12 hours together should count for something!!

10. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    At least community service! =P

11. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Olando FanForce

No, the one he suggested was a play on the line in ESB. "The Lando System? Lando isn't a system, he's a man." :) Hence, the Orlando System. But still cheesy.

And Lord Gita: Would you like me to send you a detailed e-mail on everything that went on at the meeting? I did in fact write down notes about the meeting.

See? Perfect for the job. :) No, but I would like those URLs.

Yes, being together for 12 hours does count for something. :) Just wait until you get in costume and go drinking.

12. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The third time is the charm, folks, and it looks as if y'all will be holding that third meeting very soon. I'm so excited that more Star Wars fans in the South are getting organized. :D

Once your group is official, you must vote on a City Rep and a chapter name. How you choose your City Rep is up to you. In choosing a chapter name, I would suggest that you take nominations for a chapter name, and then create a poll in this forum so everyone can vote. This isn't the only way to do it, but it's a fairly simple procedure.

For more information on what is expected of a City Rep, check out the FanForce FAQ. Contact me for more details.

13. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Thanks Minacia!

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    You're very welcome! :)

If you have any questions, please let me know.

15. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    actually, I kind of like the Orlando System...it is cheesy but witty at the same time...

I would also like the URLS...and Delaya has my vote.

16. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Yeah, it's cheesey. But it was the only idea that popped into my mind that wasn't obscene.

17. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Yeah, it's cheesey. But it was the only idea that popped into my mind that wasn't obscene.

There's a surprise...

Hey Lum, still got those Halloween pics for me?

18. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Yah, I'd like to see those pics again, too. They aren't at the old link anymore...

As for the name, I vote for simplicity as well.

19. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I need to upload them again. I had lost my account with boomspeed when they didn't tell me that my check card account they had expired. *L* I got like 3 free months before they shut it down.

So I have to put it all back up, just give me a week.

20. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    I was looking through my notes and found a website I was supposed to give to everyone, so here it is: www.apocprod.com.

21. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Sorry to miss the meeting again, just started a new job so I'm the low man on the totem pole once again.Hopefully I can make the next one.

22. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Hey guys, here's the link to one of my fan fics....

CopazieFanfic.com

Enjoy!

and may the Force be with you

23. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Lum, if you need space I can drop them on my domain.

24. IslandGuy

IslandGuy Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Just wanted to jump in here and say Thanks for listening to me ramble on the 12th. I enjoyed meeting all of you and hope to have more contact in the future. Now for the bad stuff -- the e-mail I gave out, realshades@cfl.rr.com is not working and has actually been shakey for a couple of weeks. Roadrunner techs are trying to figure out why but this is part of a more serious server problem. I apologize to those who might have responded and not gotten answered. For those that would like to participate in the trailer film shooting please get in contact with me as I have a fair amount of planning and coordinating to do behind the scenes. I'd apprecaite anyone who said they wanted to help and can't to provide a negative response so I'm not left hanging. Send any comments to russell.sanders@afams.af.mil .

The trailer demo/script link is at http://www.realshades.com/risev2/Legacy-of-Sith-v01-1.html . Access the subsequent pages by changing the last 1 to a 2, 3, 4, or 5.

The explorer in sheet 1 is already casted. I will also interject shots of good costumes/roleplayers for those who would like to participate. As I explained, the script is a very loose framework. For those who didn't make the meeting, this project is open as well. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to participate or have any questions.

Sandy

(Ignore the Island Guy -- this is a temp account)

25. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Hi! Thanks for coming to the meeting. We enjoyed having you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.