main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Meeting on Tues July 9th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, let's try this again. I have not said anything for the last week or so cause I wanted to make sure that there were enough people interested and that I could comit to this....(pardon my spelling)

I am posting this on this board, on the TNSWCG boards (Tenn Star Wars Collectors Group) and will notify the powers that be so it can be posted on the site for the FANFORCE.

After my awfull attempt to get something started at the beginning of the month I thought not enough people were interested....well a significant number has e-mailed me since and asked me about a Tuesday night meeting. So we will try it.

Here goes, we will meet on July 9th, 2002

As far as place, I am still working on that...if any of you have any suggestions feel free to contact me.

This is the chance of people interested in starting a FANFORCE chapter to have their voice heard......so come.

(More details will follow)

2. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'll be there, wherever there ends up being :) Keep us informed!

3. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, the time and place is set.....

We will meet at Celebration Station on July 9th at 6:00pm.

Celebration Station is located in West Knoxville on 400 N. Peters Road, next to JUST FOR FEET.

If you can't meet till 7pm, don't worry. This first meeting won't have any kind of formal structure.

There is a few things I want to make sure we cover but we won't do that till 7:30pm, that way to give the bulk of the people time to get there. Many people said 7:00pm woul dbe better, and to you don't worry, we'll be there till at least 8:30pm....maybe later.Here is a link for directions:http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=B:KX1524675&ck=2273906084&tab=B2C&city=Knoxville&state=TN&country=us&slt=35.960640&sln=-83.921623&cs=4&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I wish you all the best! I can't wait to see Knoxville finally become official! :D

5. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    That time sounds good to me, barring unforseen circumstances, like, a job :)

6. Kador

Kador Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    Barring yon job complications, I'll try and be there.

Kad

7. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    Who's coming?

I am getting my things together for the meeting and am planning on bringing some freebies.

They won't be great expensive collectibles. They will just be some things from my personal collection that I happen to have extras off.

Let me know by posting on this forum, if you plan on coming so I make sure I bring enough for everybody.

8. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    Also, I was thinking of bringing a board game or something like that.

I know I for one would like it if people brought any extras of the new TOPPS trading cards...maybe someone can help me complete my set

Rod

9. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, I and a co-worker will try and be there. At least I will, I haven't talked to her yet. It's a long work day for us and the next day starts early, so we can't stay long. But we've been following (with interest) the progress of a Fan Force chapter in Knoxville. If you're polling for input about regular meeting times, the weekdays will not work for me or my friend. Good luck, Cheers.

10. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    TionneSharp and Anyone Else

I don't want to take you away form the Fan Force, this is just information. These meetings are being put together for people who can't make the local weekend meetings. For myself the weekend meeting is better. I am just going to try to make a few of the new weekday ones to make them work. The weekend meetings are also not part of the Fan Force. If you want more information on the weekend meetings you can either PM me, leave a message here, or meet me at the weekday meeting next week. Knoxville IMO needs both a weekend and a weekday meeting group. I also think that if anyone has the chance to make both meetings in one month they should go for it.

11. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    vongbait,

You aren't taking anything away from FANFORCE. I am glad to see a fellow member of the TNSWCG (Tenn Star Wars Collectors Group).

The TNSWCG has been around for a few months now and we have been having regular monthly meetings. We have been meetin gonce a month on weekends every time. That is why I am trying to start this FANFORCE, to see if there is a demand to make this a regular thing.

I tried to do this with our weekend meetings but certain people shot it down...lik ein subterfuge...like a submarine....

But if you can only make weekend, try going to
    http://www.thejawa.net/cgi-bin/YaBB/TSWCG/YaBB.cgi

That is the board for TNSWCG..tell em Rod sent you

Rod

12. Kador

Kador Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    Unfortunately, schedule changes have me now closing on Tuesday, and I can't get out there on weekends :(

Kad

13. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hang in there guys. We have many of the same problems here in Nashville. Many times we will have our meetings once a month on weekends, and then the next for those that missed it the month before. Just stick together as a team and everything will work out just fine. ;)

14. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I will be able to make it down there as soon as I get off of work, so I should be there by 8:30 at the latest. I have work, a dental appointment, and this Star Wars meeting at the very least that day, so hang on, I'll get there as fast as I can!

Edit: Hey maybe it's possible just to start around 7-7:30 or so? Just a thought seeing as 6:00 is awful tight for those who have 9-5 jobs.

15. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    Jar Jar,

Don't worry, we will still be there.......
    We will start showing up around 6pm but the meeting itself won't start till 7:30pm.

When we have had meetings in the past we always stick around for more than two hours so we will defenitively be there till that time or later.

16. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hey, K-9. Sorry but I can't make it. UT was CLOSED (thank you Tenn legislature) this week, so me and my friend will probably be making up for lost time next week. We'd like to hope the next meeting is on a weekend. No time for fun and games from M-F. Hope all goes well. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.