main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Meeting Reminder

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Our July meeting is this coming Friday at Borders at 7:30pm. We will get through the meeting as quickly as possible because it is also the Wizard's Hallow's Ball which begins at 9:45pm for the release of Harry Potter-7. There is going to be costume contests, games, etc. and our own Jerry is the host. Warning: this goes on until 3:00 am. I don't think the Wizard and I will be there that late.

So, see everyone there.

2. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I'll be there in glittery glowing Jedi Spirit, Bette.

Cherie and I are much more mundane...at about 11:45 we go to the local 24-h grocery store, stand in the separate checkout line of usually about 20 people, and buy it on sale, along with milk, eggs, whatever. Worked great last two times... We've only been to one Potter-Party, and the X-Men 3 line at the 24-hour Walmart was enough for me. It also comprised the Evanescence album release line, the Little Mermaid DVD release line and the line for whatever game was being released that night...we were quite the eclectic bunch... They pretty much just asked "and what are you here for?" and handed you whatever media product(s) you stated.

Anyway, have fun -- hope to see lots of TCFF types at Comic con!

Mary-SPJ

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Well since we did the movie promo and have the costumes plus our meeting that night we decided to join the party. When they released Order of the Phoenix I went to the Harry Potter party that they had in Borders that night. Kim and I were there the entire evening having a good time watching the people and looking at the kids in some pretty good costumes. Funny thing is that I had not read any of the books or seen any of the movies. We had heard that a group was going to march in front of the bookstore in protest of the book--'the book is evil' kind of stuff but they never showed.

Anyway we had a good time and I hope that this event is fun as well.

Meanwhile, a large number of TCFF are going to ComicCon. Hope to see you guys there and we ned to have dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.