main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Meeting Review 4/7/2001

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi All,

Adam, Gregg, Chris, and I met yesterday and had lively discussions on all topics. Here is a review:

1. The Episode I DVD is supposedly coming out in November in time for the Christmas rush. Fox is also postponing the TV premiere of Episode I until then.

2. We've decided not to do a group trip to the Magic of Myth. Everyone for themselves. We're a busy bunch.

3. Star Wars Celebration, May, 2002 in Indianapolis? Big Chris went last year and has a few tips for us:

-- We should wait until summer to see if the Star Wars fan club gives some discount rates to fan club members (they did last time)

-- You can't be spoiler-free if you go! :)

-- It's better to travel in groups for company and to get into events

-- Bring that costume!

-- Bring a camera!

-- Bring $$$ for toys and food and lodging.

-- Last time, the celebration ended the day before the toys came out and everyone lined up for that too.

4. Comics and more in town has new figures, but they're overpriced (because they've scalped)

5. What other movies are coming out at the same time as Episode 2? Star Trek! The Matrix II! And don't forget The Lord of the Rings Christmas 2001, 2002, and 2003.

That's about it. The next meeting will be May 5th, most likely at the Dog & Duck Pub (the manager there is a huge Star Wars fan and collector).

See ya'll around!

-Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.