*** MEETING: SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2007 ***

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by AboutaSith, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, Mr. Mike!!! I'm soooooo impressed!!!!! Looks awesome. When you go to Oak Glen you might find some more stuff to decorate with, it'll be right up your alley!I've already started praying that you and Ronnie will be pleasantly surprised by our little trip. At the very least you should have fun hanging out with all of us again!! [:D]
  2. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks to everyone for making it such a neat night. It was great seeing everyone and it was just fun to laugh so much!!!...it was really good to see DM & JO again!! It seems like it's been ages since we've seen you.... I think it was March when Ry & I saw you since we didn't see you at the conventions!Loved seeing the rest of you too, BUT I saw you all last month, so you don't get special mention here!:p I"m really glad Cara and Lazlo could make it and we're glad to get to know you both better! We have such an awesome of group, yeah IEFF!!! Hugs to you all [:D]
  3. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Meeting Agenda

Laugh - Check
    See some old friends - Check
    Eat some of JM's incredible cooking - Check
    Laugh - Check
    Get to know some members a little better - Check
    Go through agenda - Check
    Laugh - Check
    Plan some great stuff to do with these friends - Check
    Convence HSF and DM that they WANT to go apple picking - Check
    Laugh - Check
    Talk with friends - Check
    Laugh - Check
    Eat some more of JM's great food - Check
    Hang out with a great group - Check

Mission accomplished!

Thank you JM for once again going above and beyond in making us all so welcome and filling our tummies with such great food. You're awesome!!

Here is the link to the pix from last night. Try this link if you want to see the pix from last month's meeting at Coco's.
  4. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds like I missed a good one! Sorry I couldn't make it folks. RL is taking priority at the moment, hope to have more time to hang out later this year.

Oct not looking good for me to make it at the moment, first weekend the wife and i will be away for our 3rd anniversary, second weekend i'm going to the soccer. In other good news we did get booked to go to the UK next summer for 2 weeks.
  5. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you again, JM for opening up your home to the group. Had a great time. All the way home last night, Bill kept saying how much he loves everyone. I will get the minutes up hopefully today. HSF, those pics of your decorations are great. I did notice the APPLE CIDER bottle in the photos. Maybe I should go to you for ideas for decorations for the car for the Christmas parade. I need to put more decorations on her for this year, after looking at the pics of her at last years parade. I need to print or even post those pics.
  6. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Here are the minutes of the meeting: Sept. 15, 2007

Thank you to JM for the great hospitality, and great food and great friendship for all of us. You are such a blessing.

CHOC WALK: Oct. 21, 2007. Refer to the thread for infomation. For those of us that are walking that day, HSF is making the reservations for the night before at a local hotel. He is going to need a head count soon, before making the reservations. Friday, October 19, is going to be the cut off date for HSF to gather all the monies for the walk. It costs $25 per walker, or you can sponser somebody. All the information is on the thread. There is an accounting form that needs to be printed out by all the walkers to put their donations on to be turned in with the monies. HSF will collect monies and forms at the next meeting.

CAMPING TRIP: It was decided by all present to postpone the trip until next spring, because of all the the activities for the months of October and November, and December. It was thought by everyone that the spring would be a better time for everyone, with the weather and all. We can start making plans soon. Debbie had the prices for now, which are $15 a night w/o hookups, or,
    $18 a night with hookups. There is also a $5 fee for parking. The site is Mojave Narrows Park in Victorville.

HSF brought up the "Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood as a trip for the group. The cost would be $11 each, or for a party of 20 or more, $9 each. It was decided to go on November 10, 2007. Mike will purchase the tickets but he needs a head count for this. He has put up a thread for this, so asked that if you are interested, that you go to that thread. If you do want tickets, you can pay later, but please if you do order tickets, make sure that you pay Mike for them. The dates for the movie to be at the El Capitan are October 19 - November 18, 2007. Everyone that went last year had a great time.

Kari's, (Jedifan77) school is holding a fall Carnival/Car show on October 27, 2007. She has started a thread about this event with all the information. She would love us to come, costumes encouraged. It was a fun event last year.

There was a discussion about doing a trip to Oak Glen for the apple picking. It was decided by everyone present to make the trip, but we will also have our October 13th meeting that same day in Oak Glen. It was decided to meet up around 10a.m. Debbie will post a thread with the directions, and carpooling information.
    We thought that 10a.m. would be a good time to meet up, with the meeting to follow the apple picking since the place closes somewhere around 5p.m.

Event to think about: November 16, 2007: Star Wars themed Stargazing event at a Riverside elementary school. There is a thread about this event. They are asking for costumed people for the event. Rebel Legion and the 501st will be there. There is talk that NASA will be there, too. Kari said she will find out more information and post it on the thread. This event is on a Friday night.

The special Star Wars Family Guy episode will be September 23,2007 at 9p.m. on channel 11, Fox network. The title is Blue Harvest.

Remember the next meeting is on October 13, 2007 in Oak Glen. A thread will be up soon.

Mike will collect the monies and forms for the CHOC Walk this day, too.

Also, Mike is taking orders for T-shirts and hoodies. He is going to put a thread up for people to order. He needs at least 20 items to place the order. He will post the costs on the thread. Right now, the t-shirts are $9, not sure of the price of hoodies. He will let everyone know when he needs the money. Make sure when you order you put how many, size, and color, short sleeve or long sleeve.

Respectfully submitted by HanChewie (Sandy) IEFF Secretary

7. LazloToth Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks so much for the welcome from everyone! I had a great time. I can't wait for the next meeting now.
  8. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The minutes look great Sandy!!
  9. delta_1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks again to the best hostess in the world! You're great JM.

HSF, can't wait for apple picking. :p
  10. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yay! Good job, Sandy! Thanks!
    Yay for apples!!
    WOO HOO!!
  11. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    OH YAY! a day full of appel throwing and drinking.
  12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    WHEE!

Yes, great food. I see now why everyone raves about JM's cooking skills. :)

I mentioned the apple-picking to my sister, and SHE might be interested! :eek:
  13. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great minutes as always HC!
  14. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, everyone. I think I forgot to add that the December meeting will be at Debbie's home after the parade. Debbie is going to take care of the menu, but if you want to contribute that is great. A small donation would be a great help for Debbie. There will be a gift exchange with a $10 limit, if you want to participate. I hope I got everything right. Debbie will need some help to set up, too. It was a fun time last time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.