main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA MEETING: SATURDAY 31ST MARCH, 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Cara, I love your enthusiasm and look forward to finally meeting you!

There's a reason I posted here about the possibility of bringing Tank. I knew I wouldn't think about everything and it didn't even cross my mind to make sure it was okay with JM, as we'll be at her house, too. It would have been incredibly rude of me to just show up with him. He's about a 15 pound runt dog that's house trained and used to dirt. Actually, he's the Padawan's dog and has had his little world rocked, once again, now that his furry buddy had her pups and won't play with him anymore. I tried to play my imaginary violin for him, but he just didn't get it.

AaS, I'd bet he's about ready to turn to the dark side and join up with your world domineering cat!!! Probably wouldn't take much to push him over.

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Yes, the King of Cats is currently working on some adapted Scooby Snacks called Sithee Snacks. Guaranteed to turn all Dogs to the Dark Side.

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005

There's a reason I posted here about the possibility of bringing Tank. I knew I wouldn't think about everything and it didn't even cross my mind to make sure it was okay with JM, as we'll be at her house, too. It would have been incredibly rude of me to just show up with him.

Kari- I don't think you're being rude at all and you did ask. I just wanted you to know that it might not be fun for him if he can't go to the park and then he'd have to be in my backyard till we got back and don't know how that would go.I don't have a working lock on the gate on the side yard. There's lots of advantages to living in an association(the lake/park etc.) but there are down sides like you can't have barking dogs without getting a citation and you can't take pets to the lake/park. Use your judgement as to whether to bring him or not. I don't mind if you bring him if you think he wouldn't be barking while we're at the park because he's in a new place and lonesome while we're not here etc.:)

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I thought we were going to Mojave Narrows, that's why I thought about bringing him. :oops: DUH! The puppy stays home. He can come to something another time.

5. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Ok, chocolate cake it is. Not a big one, though. Sounds like Debbie has enough for dessert. Is there anything else I could bring? Looks like very good weather for the day.

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    ACK! Oh, crud. :oops:

My sis has a custody hearing for her little boy today and if everything works out, she'll be getting him on weekends instead of whenever it suits her former in-laws (which isn't often). From what Mom says, it could even be as early as this weekend. If it is, my Dad might not want to come after all. I might need a ride or try to take the bus.
    Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I just might not be able to come.

I'll let you know how it goes.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Let us know if you need a ride. I won't mind coming to get you.

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Here we go! Update!

My nephew will be coming over on Sunday and dad's getting the fruit for the salad, so all systems are go. :)

9. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, now I have an issue, I have a job interview situation that has materialized at noon on Saturday. The process takes approximately 2 hours and it's way down past Pomona, so I have no clue when I'd be able to make it up there. It might not be a good idea to count on my attendence this month :( But on the other hand this could be a great thing career wise. So I gotta put getting my career on track first and do this, hopefully though I can make it to the next meeting. Have fun and take pictures!

-Will

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Good Luck!

11. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    good luck Will! Glad you'll be coming Cara. I'll go ahead and get the burgers then.

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    you got the burgers...I got the buns!

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Sounds like a corny song...
    You got the burgers, I got the buns!
    You got the salad, and I got the fun!
    Da-da-dun, da-dun, DUN! 8-}

Uh-oh...I just got another request. Now my SISTER wants to come! [face_worried] She wants to meet a fellow vegan. (hey, Symina..TAG!)

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sure it's here somewhere, but I can't find it... what time does the meeting start and we're meeting at JM's house, right?

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    2pm and yes.

16. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    My mom is going to bring Darth Tater Salad ...yummm!!

17. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes I'm as vegan as a great white shark.

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I can only stay till 3 as i'm going to the baseball right after

19. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    do we need anything still? i'll bring it. everyone p0lease let me know. see you all there tomorrow. [face_dancing]

20. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Unfortunately, something's come up and it looks like I won't be able to make this one. :(
    Kari, would I be able to put a request in for one spot in either the Holiday Inn or Sheraton?

21. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    No Stalkerazzi? :( Looks like I'll have to take the video camera now...

Me and my Dad will have to leave at 4:30 to go pick my Mom up from work, and I promised a really good friend of mine (who I haven't seen in almost two years) I'd call him when I got home.

I'm going to make the fruit salad as soon as I wake up a little more... I-)

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minutes for meeting:

Free Comic Book Day: Refer to thread.
    Yard Sale: See above answer
    April Get Together: See top answer.
    April Meeting: See top answer.
    C-IV plans: See top answer.

I think that about covers it!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

(No, these aren't really the meeting minutes. It's sort of a joke for those of us who were there.)

Thanks to our BBQ master! Those arm hairs should grow back within a few months!

Thank you to everyone that brought food! It was YUMMY!!

As always, with this group, I had a great time!!!

Thanks for arranging for us to be able to use the area, Debbie. It was a perfect day to be outside in such a nice place!!

I'll post pix tomorrow.

23. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    thanks to everyone that came and all the wonderful food that everyone brought! [face_dancing] Ronnie, you did an awesome job with the grilling. Thanks to you and Nicole for all your help. Thanks also to everyone that helped pack up & unload again at my house and thanks to CJ and her dad for their help too!=D= It was great to meet Sharon's daughter and mom and Cara's dad. It was great to hang out and spend some time together again!Sorry for all those that couldn't make the meeting today...you were missed!

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Good too see y'all at the meeting, brief as I was able to make it!

I had fun at the Baseball! Angels Won! Woot! [face_dancing]

25. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i wish i could have come to the meeting :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.