main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA MEETING: SATURDAY 4TH NOVEMBER

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Hm... wow, I need to check this thread more often.... Hello everyone, my apologies for not being around for like over a year, but the demands of school and work have been hectic. However, I should be able to make that meeting, I don't believe I go into work until 4 or 5 so I can hang out for a couple of hours :) So I'll hope to see you all there!

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It will be nice to meet ya!

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Cool, look forward to meeting you! Send me a PM with your e-mail addy and i'll add you onto our member list.

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hi, Kyaen- Welcome back! It'll be good to see you again. It has been a year. We last saw you at the Children's Miracle Network day at Walmart and that was Nov. 5th, 2005.

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Bump!

Meeting is coming up! PM me anything you want added to the agenda!

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    When: Saturday 4th November, 2006
    Time: 2pm
    Where: Cocos @ Ontario Mills
    4360 Mills Circle Rd.
    Ontario, CA 91764

Agenda
    1. First Annual IEFF Christmas Party Planning (Everybody)
    2. Christmas Parade in Victorville (Jedifan77)
    2. Thanksgiving Food Hyper-Drive (Everybody)
    3. Stargazing - Episode II (Jedifan77/Jangosmom)
    4. Any other business

Here you go folks, Agenda for the meeting on Saturday.

I dont think I am going to be able to make it. My wife's Grandpa is in hospital again and it's not looking good. I need to be available to the family. If DSP makes it he will chair the meeting as Vice Chancellor.

I'll just throw my thoughts on the agenda in here.

1. Party
    I was thinking we should have this on the same day as the planned parade on Dec 2nd. We could have it after the parade, it would be alot of fun. I think having it at that time of the day could be good cos I know that for myself evenings in Dec are pretty much all booked up visting friends, family and parties not to mention the all important chrimbo shopping!

I propose we do a white elephant, or White Wookie as it'll now be known. Rules of which would be each person bring 1 wrapped gift (ideally Star Wars related) it can be something great, something rubbish, tottaly up to you. The value should be no more than say $10. We'll then do an exchange where the first person picks a gift and unwraps it, the next person can then pick a gift or steal any of the other opened gifts. If you steal, the person stolen from picks another from the pile (No stealing). The person who opened first can then get the chance to steal at the end.

2. Parade
    It's on the morning of Dec 2nd. JF77 has submitted the form, we will find out on or before Nov 16th if we're in. In the mean time we should plan for it as Nov 16th is pretty short notice.

I would suggest 2 people walk in front of the falcon with our banner. Everyone else would walk around/ behind the falcon. There's no stopping on the route.

I have asked someone in the 501st to see if they have a few people that want to join in and also from the RL too. Darren from the 501st may come along to the meeting on Saturday. I'll let you know soon.

Food Hyper Drive
    If someone can let me know when we're going to drop off our donations i can arrange to get mine to them or I can send a check to someone to buy/donate on my behalf.

I have a letter typed up to go with our dontations, i'll e-mail it to whoever is dropping the stuff off.

Any of Business

January Meeting - On a Sat would be cool, at a Coco's anywhere would be fine.

January Event - How's about going bowling?

C-IV - Start the rumor mill! No real planning needed for it yet as nothing has been announced. Yeah we'll aim for a booth, yeah we're prob all going. Keep all your eyes and ears open for the announcements on C-IV so we can get cracking on them.

Where Science Meets Imagination - This starts in Feb. It's gotta be our Feb event! [face_dancing]

Another Way Giving Tree - Once we have the final details on this we can plan on going along and doing some good work for this. Costumes, Giving away Star Wars Goodies and also helping on the giving tree.

MTFBWY

7. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    oh noes...responsibility??? was that in the job description??? :confused:

:p

8. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Food Hyper Drive
    If someone can let me know when we're going to drop off our donations i can arrange to get mine to them or I can send a check to someone to buy/donate on my behalf.

I have a letter typed up to go with our dontations, i'll e-mail it to whoever is dropping the stuff off.

Bring anything you have either monetary donations or canned goods to the meeting. I'll take them when I go to help them on the 20th. I think at this point I"m the only one going to help Another Way, as everyone else has to work.

9. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005

I dont think I am going to be able to make it. My wife's Grandpa is in hospital again and it's not looking good. I need to be available to the family. If DSP makes it he will chair the meeting as Vice Chancellor.

Sorry to hear about that Stuart. Please tell Aimee I'll be praying for her, her Grandpa and her family!

10. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005

Another Way Giving Tree - Once we have the final details on this we can plan on going along and doing some good work for this. Costumes, Giving away Star Wars Goodies and also helping on the giving tree.

The Another Way Christmas Pary is Dec. 18th from 8am-12pm. I have a call into them to see when we can start selecting names from the giving tree.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thought I'd add this happy piece of news for anybody headed to the meeting from up here. Guess we just need to plan accordingly. You can check out the whole story here.

Motorists going from the High Desert to lower San Bernardino County could face delays of up to two hours, Caltrans chief of public affairs Rose Melgoza said on Tuesday.

Two closures at the Interstate 15 and Interstate 215 interchange will begin at 9 a.m. Friday and continue until 1 p.m. Sunday: the southbound I-15 connection to southbound I-15, and the northbound I-215 connection to southbound I-15.

?We really need to let people know that the ultimate detour is to take I-215 southbound to the I-10 west,? Melgoza said of the I-15 south closure. ?That is the fastest way to get through this.?

For motorists who would normally take I-215 north to reach I-15 south, Melgoza suggested going south on I-215 and taking I-10 west to reach I-15 south.

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Thanks Deb.

I'm sorry to say he passed away yesterday morning. All his daughters and Aimee and her cousin were at his side when it happened.

On the Franks & Son, you may wanna go before the meetings as it closes at 5pm.

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I heard from a guy that lives up there that this is being postponed this weekend due to the memorial service for the fire fighters.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

We do a White Bantha each year. Ours get VICIOUS. :p

And bummer. I wanted to come bug you guys, but we'll be in Santa Monica that day. :(

15. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry I can't be at this one. We've moved our Grand Opening to the 4th due to last week's fire. I'm up for a group meeting at my new Star Wars-themed game room and theater, which "opens for business" tomorrow night.

Have a great meeting, folks!

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool, maybe we could do that in January?

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please give our love and condolences to Aimee and her family.

I've also heard that the freeways won't be closed due to the fire fighters memorial.

Does anybody want to hit up Frank & Sons before our meeting?

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    My friend from 501st can't make this meeting so be sure to let me know the information/plans for the parade (fingers crossed) and i'll get it all to them.

19. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm in for Frank & Sons, doesn't matter what time. I was thinking about going to a Military Surplus store in Pomona at some point, but that can be either before or after the meeting, depends what everyone else is doing.

I too heard about the memorial. It was posted on all of the traffic update signs on the freeway today. I-15 road closure has been cancelled for this weekend.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If we wait until after the meeting to go to Frank & Sons we won't have much time there. Haven't seen HSF in awhile so I don't know if he's interested in a road trip. I think there are directions on the site so we should be able to find it just fine. How far away is Pomona from F&S? If we start early enough we can get it all in before the meeting. What do ya think? Anybody else want to join us?

21. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i might be down to go to the Military Surplus store after the meeting...i have to be at work at 6pm

22. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't mind leaving the surplus store until afterwards. And I've been to Frank & Sons a couple times now, so I know where it is. Do you want to meet at the restaurant and car pool from there? What time?

23. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i'm not going to go earlier then the meeting time (2pm) but afterwards we can go to pomona...we can carpool...cause i have to be back in ontario by 5:30pm

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have to be back up the hill by 5:00, so I have to do all my runnin' around before the meeting. I'll have the padawan and his friend (Blake) with me again. They're really looking forward to F&S.

DH, I have to leave my house around 8 for something else and then pick up Blake in Fontana around 9:15. Give me a call on my cell in the morning so we can figure out a time and a place to meet.

25. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Meeting at the restaurant/Ontario Mills Mall is fine. Means we can leave a vehicle there, as far as time... what time you want to meet might determine how late I stay up tonight. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.