main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting Saturday January 28th at 2PM Valley Fair Food Court - Please join us.

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by Knight_Dilettante, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I've sent off the following to the RSA so that this meeting can be an official one.

Date: Saturday, January 28th, 2006
    Time: 2PM
    Directions: Directions to Valley Fair Mall are located here
    Agenda: Plan our next meeting and discuss ideas for a SJFF presence at Wondercon.

If you have comments on other items for the Agenda or anything post away. If you can make it post away and let's build up some momentum!

I thought I would also just point out that having the meeting at Valley Fair ought to alleviate some of the issues some folks seem to have with making it to meetings. For example, I have seen at least a couple of people mention time with girlfriend issues cutting into their chances to attend a meeting. I was thinking maybe the other amenities of Valley Fair would be sufficiently entertaining to the non-fan half of the couple to make up for the SW fan half of the couple taking an hour or so to hang with some other SW fans.

KD

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Will be there in spirit! My body will be taking the CSET test, but don't let that discourage anyone.

Many thanks K_D

3. elements5

elements5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    I think I can scrounge up at least two other friends. I'll try talking to people at my school about it, as well. There's nothing quite like bothering acquaintances :)

Ahh, crud. I just realized that I'm going on a trip with the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum to San Francisco for an exhibit on the 28th. Can we reschedule at all? I'm free on any weekend except the 28th... How lucky is that? *sigh*

4. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, we'll just have to schedule the next one so you can make it elements5. But since this meeting was advertised on the main page, I'll still be there in case there's interested folk who just haven't posted here. If you're out there I hope to meet you on Saturday.

KD

5. elements5

Jan 22, 2004
    Alright, I'm just hoping that you two don't end up being the only ones there. To the success of SJFF! *clinks glass*

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Out of curiousity, how are we supposed to know it's you? Is there going to be a sign?

:) :eek: ]-}

7. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm planning on going to the Lego store on my way to Cinnabon and buying myself one of the little SW kits I don't already have. So I'll be the woman with the red hair who is trying to wrestle her legos away from her blond first grade daughter. Unless my husband keeps her busy somewhere for a while in which case I'll be the woman with the red hair who is gleefully putting together her SW lego toy without "help".

I'll probably wear a SW t-shirt too. But I'm not really into signs and such-like. ('Specially if no one else shows up!) Just look for the legos.

KD

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    LEGOS!!!

Oh, I am SO going to try to make that!

:)

--------
    Oh, wait, that was yesterday.
    Oops.

How'd it go?

9. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I was there. I was about 5 minutes late though. I had forgotten just how enormous Valley Fair mall is.

And either no one else came or they took one look at me and my little sign that said SJFF and ran in the other direction.

So, we'll try again. I'll plan another attempt in a day or two. I'm gonna keep at it for a while. I think elements5 is planning to make the next one. And I was hoping to find some local costume types to talk with about stuff too. So I may go try there in a day or two.

KD

10. elements5

Jan 22, 2004
    I might be able to make it this weekend. It depends on a school group project... Yarrr... Are we planning to go to Wondercon next week? They're having a costume contest and fan film showing.

11. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I can't do Wondercon this year. I have conflicts both days of that weekend. But that doesn't mean that SJFF couldn't have a meeting at Wondercon. But if we're gonna try to do that and we want it to be official we need to let the RSA know ahead of time.

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.