main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX MEETING - Saturday, May 11 at 1 pm

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by dracula766, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002

Two Rows Restaurant & Brewery
    2400 University Blvd

OK lets see sum hands...

who's going???

2. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I'll be there. One question -- I know some of ya'll have met b/4, but for those of us who haven't how should we recognize each other? Should we reserve a table under a person's name or designate a meeting place?

Look forward to meeting everyone.

--JKS

3. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    umm... really once you get there just look for people wearing starwars shirts, or just for a large group of people, I don't think we should be to hard to find. Though I have never seen this restaurant, so if its a larger place maybe we should set something up beforehand.

4. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I'll be there.

5. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Alright, well maybe we could use this thread for people to post whether or not they will be attending. That way, we can get a definitive number and call ahead of time to alert Two Rows of our presence.

6. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, I will be there.

7. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Guys,

I met some of you at Gulf Pointe last week...but unfortunately, I can't attend the meeting. My martial arts school is having a demo at the Willowbrook mall, and then up in the Woodlands at that exact time.

However, I would like to propose that for the NEXT meet, we have a BBQ at my house on my patio. We have a built in grill and such, and I'd be happy to grill hot dogs and stuff...and provide the drinks as long as others bring the munchies. :D

Penny

8. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    :_| you won't be there! :(

well that sounds like an interesting idea Elf, question is, when would we have it? we were already thinking of having another meeting on the 25th, and the 18th is a no go b/c Quarantine, darth stryphe, Bebo_lokk i think, and I will be out of town at the plano covention, and it is probably to soon after the release of the movie to get together and discuss it, b/c people may not have seen it, or really i just don't know...it could work... so that pushes back to June, well June 1st is Graduation, and also when the Texas FF's were thinking of getting together in Austin. I don't know if they're still going to do that though...i'll PM the waco city rep...

anywyas, it gives us something to think about at the least, an option for a social gathering. :D

9. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I should be there with one of my friends as well! Oh, I have a pic of myself in my bio so you can recognize me, but I probably won't look like that- just try and look for the girl with the Mos Eisley Cantina shirt on.

10. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I am planning on being there, Don't see why not.

11. silentchewbacca

silentchewbacca Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Hi!
    without any major problems with work, I will be there too. Just look for the one wearing the Chewbacca shirt. has it been decided if we are going to have reservations or anything like that at two rows? I've never been there so I don't know how it works. Is it still set for 1 pm?

12. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, once I get a better idea of how many people we're going to have, I'll give them a call.

I really need people to respond to this, so that I can get an accurate number, but I don't want to start another thread on it.

13. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I will be there also.

14. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    There are really three sections -- the restaurant section, the bar section, and the patio. It's easier to talk on the patio, but it will probably be really hot.

--JKS

15. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    oh, man!!!
    i'm glad everyone is getting together again, but we will miss out due to being in florida for our second anniversary. this was the only weekend we could go because my wife is a professor at nhc and will be teaching summer courses. i hope we can make the barbeque get-together at elf's place. keep those meetings coming!!!

16. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    yay...its not at noon...well me and pollo will be there.

Queenie! How many people do you have so far?

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    It's looking like 13 so far.

18. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    WOW!!!!

I am just now finding out about Houston FanForce and I am very excited! Finally, a group of people who won't think I'm weird for saying things like "whoa, you eat like a Gamorrean Guard!" or "Oootini!" or "hey, wanna see my Peter Mayhew autograph?"....Ok, maybe you WILL think I'm weird but at least you'll know what I'm talking about!!!! :)

I am planning to be there at Two Rows this Saturday, though I may be a little late....How long do y'all plan to be there?

Looking forward to meeting you,

Jeff

19. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    hola tall chewie! :D welcome to the JC/houston FF :D

It's a fairly new FF, so make yourself at home. Don't worry about us thinking your weird, we won't<unless you randomly start picking your nose>. Feel free to share your experiences etc..

The last meeting we had lasted about two hours, so don't be afraid about showing up late and us not being there. Very likely we'll all be chatting our heads off. :D

-goldy

20. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Missed the last meeting but will be able to go to this one. I'm new also and I look forward to meeting everyone. I just got a Mayhew autographed picture this weekend. Man is he tall.

I've got about 200 or so pictures from C2 that I'd like to share if anyone would like to see. If you have a laptop I'll supply the pictures on disc. I'll try to borrow one from my brother but I don't know if he will be in town this weekend.

I may also bring the Lucas figure if that would be alright. Not to flaunt it just to let you see it. You must promise though to give it back:)

21. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    if you have the pics on a cd, i'll be glad to bring my laptop

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I really, really want to see that Lucas figure.

So jealous. ;)

23. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    You have a Lucas figure?

24. coach_c

coach_c Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hey, most of you don't know me but I was in line friday with babypadme, Bebo_lokk, and pollodiablo and they told me about this,....but i'm game, i'll totally be there.
    By the way my name is Jenaro.

25. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm gonna try and make it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.