main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Meeting September 27th, 3pm, Tanforan

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright guys, Matty is considering what his role is as CR here. He's questioning himself and his own roles among all the groups but especially here. The very existence of the club is in question as well... If there's a meeting you should attend to throw in your two credits, THIS IS IT.

Tanforan (the couch spot between BJ's Pizza, and Barnes and Noble)
    Sunday, Sept 27th, 3pm.

Among other topics will the Star Wars Concert as well which is the biggest event since Ep.3. So it's pretty imperative that people make it out for this one if they are going to the concert on October 11th.

I can't order anyone, besides my own Rogues, who will not be present anyway (other that Rogue Four) because this is solely a club issue but get it in gear people. The future of this club is in our hands and if we lose here we sacrifice what those who've come before us have fought and suffered.

[face_not_talking]

2. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Rogue Four here, reporting for duty. Will do whatever is necessary for this mission. We cannot fail! It is far too important. So everyone be there!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    A little over the top Four but thanks... lol

4. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i can't make it.i help teach Confirmation for my youth group every other Sunday. this Sunday is a class.

5. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I should be able to make it. I will be at a members only preview at the Walt Disney Family museum that day, but that's in the AM. Should be done by then.

6. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Checking in.
    Plan to be there.
    Thank you.

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I know this IS a BIG meeting, but unfortunately I can't make it due to work. But can someone take detailed notes and either PM me, or just send it to the SFFF yahoo group to keep the stuff discussed private?

Because the nature of this meeting, can we also have one just for the council sometime in the middle of next week or sometime in the near future?

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's two council members down... interesting... alright... that confirms that the plan I want to implement should be put into action. If you wanna know what it is then come to the meeting. :p

...and NO, it's not a vote for no confidence... like I'd ever episode 1 something. Except for Obi, Qui Gon, and Darth Maul... They were cool. And no this is not Rogue Squadron declaring martial law and taking over... As I said, I've never been interested in any of this "power" which is ridiculous to begin with.

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Obi-wan, Qui-gon and Maul were indeed cool in TPM. I was so impressed by their saber battles that I didn't realize for a long time that there was such a problem with the rest of the movie. :p My group came out of the movie, a friend said "that sucked!", and I went "...huh? :confused: But, lightsabers! [face_love] "

Oh yeah, and I'll be at the meeting.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hehehe... I like that! Cos... that's what I thought too! Although I saw it 5 times straight at the Coronet from 1st showing and I totally delirious by the 4th showing... :oops: hehehe... "but lightsabers..." cute. [face_laugh]

11. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I bought the playstation video game just to watch the cutscenes for that lightsaber fight

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Episode 3 the video game was better than the movie...

13. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Got a DVD of just the cut scenes of it. You're right.

14. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    OK, can we "stay on target"? This happens at meetings too and we veer off what we're supposed to be talking about.

Just because I can't make it to the meeting, I will be giving my brother a list of things I want discussed and brought up.

15. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I believe I said I was not 100% sure I was going to be able to make it. That wasn't a "no". I can probably make it... especially if I flake out on the convention in Sacramento. I'll have a better idea Friday/Saturday.

I was hoping this meeting would be fun though (what keeps me in Fan Force - "we are the fun side of the force") and not needlessly melodramatic *sigh*. Of course SFFF will continue, it's not like we lost all our members and our board has no activity. We had a great turn out at the picnic and look at all the members planning to attend the concert together. That hardly spells a club in jeopardy of falling into obscurity guys & gals :) Glass half full, not half empty. There has got to be a Yoda saying that is the equivalent...

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    "*sigh*" indeed Kat... melodramatic eh... lol...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

[face_tired] I've seen more chaos and destruction with in clubs to cover several lifetimes of fandom. This is not the first incarnation of SFFF... The first was obliterated by a power hungry pyscho b$%^& and it was the bravery and actions of a select few who brought about the destruction of her "empire" that was based on lies and deceit. Rogue Squadron was there, as well as some of those who currently serve or have served as the SFFF Council or as CRs. Then this reincarnation of Fan Force occurred and finally... we thought we had an amazing hope for a club for all that would be promoted by someone who was well loved in the fan club community. Then fate took her away from us... and we had few options. So rather than giving it all up, we personally had to take over and attempt to do our best to continue this club while keeping the bonds with other clubs (including RL and 501st, perhaps you've heard of them?:p into something never thought possible... Unity...

Anyone really could of done the job really because this person who left us in the most permanent of ways was really the one that set the path for us all till this point now. In that respect she's become legend. Yep, a legend, because a legend is someone or something you've only heard of or just been passed on via description as some of you have only heard of this amazing woman... So we did move forward and we had the strength of Unity... At least for a while.

Years of peace passed and time slipped away... mediocrity set in and other interests took over... In a way, those same other interests took over to the point were it affected the mind set of getting new folks interested in our little corner of the galaxy. Because it seemed those other interest appear more interesting or dominate. Thus that particular interest has somewhat triggered a divided within a club that originally stood for Unity... Ironic...

Melodramatic eh... lol... LOOOOOLing... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love fun... we all know this right? ;) It's a main goal of my life to have as much of it as possible before I leave this planet in the most permanent of ways as well... but I have the unfortunate ability of near photographic emotional memory (which is why I'm that good in EU btw)... To me, these things happened as if they were yesterday and details that are lost are totally fresh to me...

I love fun... but not if I can't remember what sacrifices it took to get this far. To remember those who came before us and remember how much work it took to make this all happen.

I love fun... but even the Fun side of the Force has a price to make it fun no matter how light we can make of a situation...

As for our more recent successes in events... yeah, true... over all... it was a group effort... Still... and I love bring this up because... well... I love to brag. It's fun for me... ;) The SFFF picnic... yeah, good turn out etc... but who scouted the picnic grounds we planned the op for (special thanks to Eva for suggesting it too and scouting it with this person)? Who secured

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow, this thread seems to be like a 2-hour trailer for a 30 minute movie. :eek: OK, OK, let's keep everything saved for the meeting and keep this thread open for whoever can and can't make it, so if we have too many bodies, we might not fit at the location at Tanforan, and would have to find a backup

I'd advise everyone to write down their concerns/questions to the meeting, and to please voice your opinion.

And please, be on time and lets save the chit chat for afterwards. Rach, can you take notes?

Thanks.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Agreed, but I write nothing down. Near photographic emotional memory remember?

19. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will bring my notebook so there will be an official transcription, especially for those who can't be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.