main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Great to have you back. Your title was influenced by the Force.

How about Sat., April 24th at 1 or 2PM?

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I will talk to Dan about it. We should not have plans. I am in. 2 pm is best for us because Dan likes to sleep in, and the longer commute. Location? We are flexible. Except for the Boro B&N right now. Sounds silly I know. Books A Million has a Cafe that is really nice. And it is at the mall too so we can sit out there in the food court too. Or we can just do it in Cool Springs at the usual spot. Okay, at one of the usual spots. :p I wonder if Tristan can come. Is so, than it is definitely Cool Springs or Nashville, to be fair. I will ask him on FB if he does not reply.

My title was a booboo. It is actually Trace's title but was for a contest winner or something. I got it by mistake. But we do need to possibly discuss a rep (it seems we have none, unless I am wrong) at our next meeting. Just someone to represent us. I do not care who, everyone is qualified. We all have talents that make us a good group. There are so few of us, so it won't be hard to pick. And then we can vote on an icon replacement. I do not mind making it as I am an icon maker but anyone else who wants to make one can as well. We can vote on the best one and I can submit it Trace, our RSA, and then to the Icon thread. It will be automatically added without a necessary vote from the Icon makers I believe.

Anyway, I need to take care of some business. Talk to you all later! Cannot wait till next month!!!!!!!!! I miss you all!

3. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I am also in the sleep in late club, so 2PM is fine with me. I did not know it it was in the mall..not that I have been there often. Sounds like a plan. Food Court sounds like a good plan. Coffee shop for those that want it, and i can still get something to eat without coffee-ish items.

Maybe we should try to spread the word to find more FF group participants. I wonder if we should place a general post outside the Nashville section here. If one does not check these sections, it does not tell them when we post even if we are actively posting. They have to come to the Nashville section to see any of these threads.

Speaking of which, my auto-notification expired, so I didn't know anyone posted again. :)

4. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I will ask a mod (Trace will be the best to ask, actually) on how to promote the FF within the TS guidelines and get back to you. I think there are ways you can do it, and others that are considered "spamming." :rolleyes: I know Cindy (JarJarJedi) has her FF link in her signature and that is okay. Perhaps we can vote on a new Icon soon and then wear it. We have no CR so a vote for the Icon will satisfy Natalie. I can make a few and you can give me ideas and I will put a few together and any of you can make some too if you would like. I have 2 icons to finish first for, ironically the German Speaking FF.

Anyway, Happy Easter to you all! What do you all think of the big move to vBulletin? Are they any good? I will start a thread. ;)

5. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    So, Michael, should I PM people about the pending April 24 (2 PM) meeting we are having at Stones River Mall (Books A Million) in the Boro?

Have you heard from anyone?

Just curious because we plan to be there.

~Kim

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yes and No. No I have not heard anyone else on meeting on April 24th...but yes, please feel free to PM as many as you think might show up. A PM will get to them even if their Active Topic notification has expired. Thanks, Kim.

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    PMing now. :)

8. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    How many people will be meeting?

9. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    To be honest, I am not sure. I know Dan and I can come, maybe Sandy. That is 2 or 3. Michael sounds like an affirmative. Have not heard from Lillie, and I am pretty sure Tristan won't be able to. I mentioned it in the PM, so hopefully they are checking the thread. :)

But even if it is a few of us, which it usually is, we have fun.

10. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    It sounds interesting. Do you play trivia and such? I would come just for the trivia.

11. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We spent our last two meetings talking and getting to know one another. We have talked about meeting at other non-public places to do movie night or trivia or RPG, etc, but we have not gotten that far yet. We end up talking and losing track of time. There are only a handful of us. Which is nice because we can sit and talk, but I would like to see the numbers go up. There are some FanForces that are really big and organized, and that is cool. I like that we are getting along and we can talk and enjoy ourselves though.

Oh, Lillie and Tristan, I will answer your PMs soon. I am feeling like crap and am about to go to bed to sleep more. I slept 16 hours yesterday and last night then slept 2 hours today. Would have slept more if my dumb dog did not whine and wake me up. Wow, I think I am cranky. :p I feel like I have Mono for the THIRD time.

12. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hi,
    Just seeing all this flurry about an upcoming meeting. Will ck with Scott and see if we can make it a family trip to the mall, but with him taking younglings for 'training' while I get to chat. BTW Scott is a big fan too, plays KOTOR, but just not as big a SW nut as I.
    anyway, no idea if I'll be there, but will let you know soon.
    hope to see you, if not, hope to see more posts as CV approaches.
    and I LOVE, LOVE trivia, any and all, but the more SW related the better.
    (we try and go out somewhere at least every couple weeks to play trivia somewhere, not SW, but still fun)

13. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Trivia sounds like fun. If we are talking plot-line and characters, I can compete. Actors and behind the scenes info...not so much. I am definitely planning to be there. Our group is still small, but perhaps we can hunt down the other Jedi..."all of them."

I met with the older group once for video games. They were also very into costuming...almost on the expert level. I think they have gone the way of Outbound Flight or exploring the uncharted outer rim. It was fun, just kind of a closed group of friends by the time I found FF. Our hope is to be a good group that is easy for other fans to join. Activity ideas are always welcomed and encouraged. So if you know anyone else that wants to come by and talk a little Star Wars...bring them by. :)

14. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I would love trivia, because no one will play with me. They say I know too much, and have seen me in action, so I never really get a work out. I do play trivia on another site (it is ongoing), and I usually prevail on that one. We ask detailed questions. An example: "What is the number of the wavespeeder that Leia used to escape Admiral Daala on Mon Cal?" Just general knowledge like that.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Good detail in that question... I'm not a big fan of the Kevin Anderson set, but the basic ideas he had were good ones. Admiral Daala was the only character I liked out of the whole thing. Now, switch that to anything with Timothy Zahn's novels, and I'm in business.

16. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Zahn is wonderful. His writing just feels like Star Wars. One asked over on the other site for Zahn would be: "What color is the inside of the flagship for the Katana Fleet?" I pride myself on asking questions that are not on Wookieepedia, lol.

17. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Okay, so who thinks they can make it?

2PM tomorrow at the Boro Mall...at the B&N bookstore/cafe

{Hopefully weather will not be an issue...}

I would think Kim and Dan

Me...me...me

18. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm not too sure.

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Dan has been sick for the last 2 days. I am not sure how he will feel when he wakes up. I think he might be getting the stomach bug I had earlier this month. And he destroyed a tire on the car (well, he ran over a nail), so we have a donut on it. And our brakes our shot. If it is raining badly at about 1 pm, that is another nail in the coffin of us being able to come. I have been sick all week [face_sick], but my doctor thinks it is my gallbladder or maybe I have pancreatitis. Which is one reason I have not been on much...I have been in bed most of the week, or doing school work. [face_tired] I have not even gotten to my PMs. I read Lillie's and just have not written back. I think I was well enough to make an icon for someone. That was it. But I am feeling better, my tummy just feels queezy all the time.

So I am not sure if we will be there. It depends on the weather and on how Dan is feeling. If it gets to the point that nobody but Michael can come, perhaps we can reschedule? If there are a few of you, that is great! Just do not risk your lives in this weather to get to a meeting. We are supposed to have tornado watches today. And I know that Murfreesboro is a big tornado magnet. It was a little over a year ago when the big one hit us there. And before that, there was a small one that hit, and because nobody was warned, people like my mother drove past it and saw it. That was crazy, I told her to stay in the store, but she said that there was no warning. Then she called me and said, "Yeah, we just drove past a tornado." And of course I gave her the third degree. Apparently my sister told her there was no warnings, even though I had the weather in front of me and could see where there would be hail. And after the storm, the NWS issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Rutherford County. Gee, thanks!

But the big one, all I could do is watch the storm move past us from a mile away. I was on the phone with my mom, her power went out but mine was still on. I told her that the storm was moving toward her, and they were in their safe place, even though my dad was outside looking. What is it with husbands? Dan was doing the same thing. LOL...then I saw it outside. it was not moving, which meant it was moving toward us. Then all of a sudden, it turned toward the city, toward my parents. I was unable to see the actual twister from my house, because that side of the storm was blocked by houses and trees. But I knew where it was going...toward the Avenues. My mom and dad live near Cason Lane Academy. Which is half a mile in the air from the first area that was hit (Blackman). But luckily, the news people knew which roads they were hitting. So I could see it went past my parents and was heading toward Sandy's house. She and her grandmother live a few doors down (maybe a block) from the people who were killed. Then the storm was heading toward the VA, and my sister and her boyfriend work there. It hit the road next to the building where my sister was. They sent her boyfriend out to look. That was the butt of a few jokes. He said it was really close. They could not get home from work, they had to travel the path of the tornado to get home and the roads were a mess. We traveled down to the BP that we go to to see if it was still there. The warehouses next to it, and the buildings right beside it were gone. But it was still there. The gas station near it was gone. It is back now, but it was horrible. Stones River Battlefield still has a big scar on its landscape. Broken trees, trees torn out of the ground. Took a lot of man-hours to clean that up and rebuild the walls and fences that were destroyed.

Anyway, wow, I got ahead of myself. Let's just hope everything is okay today. I will keep you posted. Dan had a late night last night and he did not go to work on Thursday. He left early yesterday. So I am playing it by ear. He is snoozing right now. And the weather. Here is a look at it now. It should update with the time:

[image=http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wtvf/skycam/ra

20. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    How was the meeting everyone?

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Weather blocked us...at least that is what I guess happened. The force was not with the last meeting.

If anyone showed up, sorry that I did not. I would have come, but it seemed like no one else would show up. Between Kim and Dan's health and the weather, we will have to find another date. :)

I did not feel like driving 60-90 minutes each way to meet no one, so I opted to stay home. However, as soon as we can pick out another date, perhaps we can try again. Anyone have another date in mind? I will not be able to meet the weekend of Memorial Day (except for maybe the Friday night), or the following weekend at all.

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, the weather was a factor for us too. I am glad you stayed home. We lost our electricity for a second. It is better to be safe.

It is difficult to predict the weather here...you never know when it will be like it was Saturday. But I am open to any day. Dan went to work today. He is feeling better. I can tell he is not 100% though. Neither am I. But I am better.

23. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yeah, that was the other part. Not only was the weather questionable at best, but neither of you were feeling well. So you were under the weather on two fronts. Glad you are feeling better. :}

24. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks! I will find out in the next day or so if my gallbladder is tanked or if I have pancreatitis. Or both. I had an upper abdominal ultrasound on Thursday because of my constant nausea and frequent vomiting. My dad has chronic pancreatitis because of his polyps near his pancreas. I have polyps in that area, but not that close to my pancreatic duct like my dad. He will have to have part of his pancreas, his duodenum, gallbladder and pancreatic duct removed soon.

I hope it is my gallbladder.

25. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm getting queasy.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.