main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    *looks*

hmmm... yay for net hiccups.

:snoopy

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I will be bringing tarkinsteeth along. He is not much of a poster here, but he is also busy. You can thank him for getting me to see SW for the first time in 2005, when I was 29 :) *Kim rolls eyes at her almost life-long ignorance*

3. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    yea! I can't wait. Where will the meeting take place???
    If I am running late,please forgive. The party I'm going to might run long, I don't know, but I plan on showing.

4. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I might have the opposite problem. I may need to leave early, to get to my friend's party in Brentwood. However, I should still have plenty of time to meet some new faces.

Unless someone has access to a meeting room, I would guess restaurant or coffee shop is the way to go. The mall should have plenty of movable tables and chairs...and not have to worry too much about making noise. Of course, we might not be able to hear very well. The Borders in Cool Springs does have a coffee shop. I think the Barnes and Nobles across from Target also has a coffee shop/sitting area, but I haven't been in that one in a little while. Target's "grille" has plenty of room and usually isn't that busy. And they aren't going to be upset if talking volume is above a whisper. For those that just want a drink, I don't think they will care. Some restaurants might get upset if we don't all get a meal.

Does anyone know any public meeting rooms in Cool Springs? If not, I vote Target or one of the bookstores.

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd go for target or a bookstore. probably be the easiest things to do.

6. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    B&N is good to me. I mean I have had conversations about SW with people in our local store in the Boro!!! ANd they have Starbucks :) But I am open to Target or the mall too. Just let me know :)

7. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    was at Barnes/noble yesterday, and their sitting area was big enough, and I know where that is and the Target, so which one?????
    Lillie

8. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Plenty of parking at Target. More variety on what you might want to get while we meet. Less expensive than Starbucks for those watching their budget, too. However, if you want coffee/mocha/latte/etc....good luck getting the same quality from Target. Some Target stores do have the coffee shops, but I do not think the Cool Springs one has this. Brentwood might, but I don't remember. I'm not a coffee drinker either.

How many want (good) coffee/mocha/latte while we meet? I'd say if about half or more want coffee-like drinks, Barnes and Nobles it is. If most of us don't reaaly want coffee-like drinks, to Target we go. It might seem a silly thing to pick by, but this will get us to narrow it down. :D

All in favor of coffee-like drinks (commonly found at StarBucks)????

Nay for me. Carbonation is my friend. Yeah Soda!

9. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Well, coffee is my friend, but mostly my cheap, homemade, but delish Community Coffee. Dr P is my second best friend, my afternoon buddy, so Target is good. And I can probably do some shopping afterwards...
    Lillie
    JocastaNu3

10. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Is it a Super Target? If so, it might have a Star bucks like the one in La Bergne :). I am cool with Target. What is the head count sof ar? Count my hubby and me as 2, please :)

I am SOOO looking forward to meeting you all!

~Kim

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm pretty well good either way. wouldn't mind some good hot chocolate, but soda's fine by me. i.e. i'll go whichever.;)

i believe right this second it's five, and we don't know if red-one is gonna show or not.

12. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    At this point, to Target we go. (I don't think it is a Super Target.)

So... 4PM at the Target in the Cool Springs Mall shopping center on Saturday, March 7th. The diner/cafeteria section is at the front of the store and to the right.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    kewlio. i'll see ya'lls there.

14. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    does red-one know about it, like does he ck the boards? any other members from the past that might show, or don't know??/
    looking forward. please forgive tardiness, but I plan to be there.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I did send RED-ONE a PM about a week ago, and a few others...including JediChick07 who was the coordinator until she moved away from the Nashville's group. I asked her if she would pass along that we are trying to get a group together. I sent the link for this thread to her, so maybe others will see it and show up.

Do we want to all wear or have something with us that will be discrete but obvious to us that we are waiting for each other? Perhaps we all have something that is either about, or shows, our favorite character...or our avatar here. For example, I could bring an Imperial Guard 3-3/4 inch figure and have it sitting on the table discretely next to me. Then, all of you on the board will know I am waiting for you...and tell who I am...and no one else would notice. Warning-- you might not want to bring something that Target sells...just to avoid shop-lifting concerns. {Or buy something first and have the receipt if asked.}

16. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    WHat to wear....look at my profile pic, I will change it in a few to something recent. And I will be with Dan, who has long hair and a full beard. He is 11 inches taller than me and may have an LA team cap on. I will try to wear something Star Warsy :)

Kim

17. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Question, and it is actually from tarkinsteeth.

How long do you guys think this awesome event will last. I think we could talk for hours and would enjoy it so much, but we actually have plans in the evening (and I do not mean like 6 pm, it is more like 7 to 8-ish...open-ended, so that is why I ask). It is about 45 minutes from Murfreesboro to Cool Springs. We just want to know because we want to know what to tell the friends we are meeting what time we will be over at their home. If we can get some of them to join this group, that would be awesome. One works at B&N in the Boro. We do a SW RPG when we can but we will not all be there tonight so we will just be playing Munchkin or the Wii and probably bringing over the ST Trivial Pursuit games tarkin got me for my Bday. Yes, the Saga version came in yesterday (with the DVD and all that) and I was blown away!!! My hubby is the greatest :) Can't wait to met you guys! Am I the only girl? [face_blush]

18. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Wow, what kind of Trivial pursuit is that????? Is that new??

I would love to stay and talk as long as possible, but since hubby will be in charge of both younglings, I am thinking I can only hang out about 1.5-2 hours.
    not sure about the rest. Just glad to be hooking up with some other fans

19. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I have a birthday party in Brentwood at 6PM, so I will probably leave about 5:30 or so. Hopefully enough time to meet everyone, and figure out how we want to do things in the future.

I don't think any of my Star Wars shirts fit anymore, so I will probably wear a Transformers shirt...probably the Decepticon Emblem

20. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yay, another girl! The Trivial Pursuit was new. I have both versions, they are out of print now. Dan paid 99 cents ($10 for shipping) for the newest one with the DVDs and 40 bucks for the old one. 99 cents!!! We will be playng the new one after Clone Wars tonight.

You will know me by my red hair. I want to dress nicely tomorrow. Not sure what I will wear. I might go sorta casual. I am going shopping tomorrow for something decent to wear. We will have to leave by about 6 pm. We are going to our friends' place at 7. We will have plenty of time to get to know one another and set up the next place and plan events, etc. And get others involved. 5 is a good stating point for this area.

I am in both Jedi trials, and I am drawing my Padawan character for the offsite of one of them, so I am going to bring her tomorrow...she is not finished, she needs colored pencils. So we are just going to pick up some while we are at Target. But I just wanted a few opinions on my Padawan. I have not named her yet. It is not going to be Jaden ;) I am developing her character, then giving her name based on where she is from, etc. She is human.

Anyway, see you all tomorrow :D

Kim

21. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I just realized you are from Louisiana and you like Community Coffee. I worked with a guy, whis is still my friend, who lived in LA for a while who says it is the best stuff. Must ask you tomorrow where to find it. I think you have to order it, right? My hubby drinks a lot of coffee and I have heard from two peeps already now tha it s good stuff. I too love coffee.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'll be in my force unleashed tee, so i should be reasonably easy to spot.

on another note... i may have to get in on that SWs RPG group kim... if it's at all feasible.

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We'll talk. It is at a friend's place, so I do not make the rules. :p
    Oh, I will be wearing braids, plus a padawan braid and black pants and a black and white flower print shirt. Not sure what an will be wearing. He is just much taller than me and will be with me. That should make us easy to spot ;)

24. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hi,
    I had a good time last night, despite the Force not quite being with me on my way. Maybe it was, the AAA guy only was there and done in about 30 mins, so not all bad. Just sorry I missed about an hour.
    I am open to whatever meeting y'all want next. Does anyone know if the libraries have meeting rooms that are available and what the procedure might be to use one. We had pretty strict guidelines in Baton Rouge, but mostly to make sure it was a real group, not just people wanting a room, but you had to have a library card, etc.
    Very inspirational talking to you all. Now I am in the mood to get back to the reading. We just got bookshelves, this house had NO bookshelves, and unpacked the books, and here they are. Now I want to finish Shatterpoint, but I don't have that one, and go back and get into the NJO as well as the books between the prequels. Since I am 'an old fossil', I also have copies of Splinter of the Minds Eye and a Han Solo book or 2 to read. Thanks for the motivation to get back to it.
    Good meeting you all.

JocastaNu3
    Lillie

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh my goodness, it was awesome!!! Yes, continue this we must!!!!

Splinter is great, Lillie!!! I love that book. Luke was such a gentleman, as always with Leia while she slept.

I am open. I think Saturday is a great day to do it. I hope I was not too chatty testerday. WHen I get nervous, I get chatty. And I was very nervous. I had to go home after the meeting and let Dan go to our friends' house. My nerves just made me plummet. But next time will be easier. At any rate, i felt comfortable around all of you and enjoyed it so much. All of you were a joy to be around and I look forward to a definite next time!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.