main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Yes, it was great to have the meeting, get to know everyone a little bit. We will definitely have to meet again.

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    FANBOYS IS IN NASHVILLE!!!!
    http://www.belcourt.org/ to buy ticx online (with the cost of everything it comes to $10 per person.)

I have my tickets already printed out for Dan and me for tonight at 9:30pm. Anyone else wanna join us? The Belcourt is off 21st Ave near Vandy, on Belcourt Ave.

I'd love to see you there! Woohoo! I am stoked!

3. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I posted this in the New Jedi Trials board and wanted to make sure you saw it so you can see what you are missing!

4. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    Thanks so much for the review and recommendation. Alas, not sure if we'll make it to the show or not, and you are so right that it is so much more fun to see a Star Wars movie with a bunch of fellow SW nuts!
    Hope I get a chance to see it soon!!!!!

5. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    It was great. I met a former Nashville FF member who is going to join back up. He knows Michael. He used to come and then things slacked off. He had a long username, funny one. He was in "Nashville After
    Darth." I told him to come here and my username. We will see!!!

The seats suck at the place (they even make fun of the qualiy of the seats and are raising money to replace them. he view was fine though...but it was worth it. Go see it if you can. Really, girl, take time for yourself.

Okay, a question....have any of you read or seen THX 1138? I have done both. Bok was great, movie was weird but good stuff. Yeah, I fnd thenovelization in a comics store and had to read it. I suggest seeing the movie then readig te book, unlike what I did.

6. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I am back as well after a long time. good to talk to you guys again.

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Welcome back. I know I have not met you but I am Kim, nice to meet you :)

8. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Indeed, welcome back to the boards. I do remember back when we used to post alot before. Died off, but now there is some life again.

9. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We even had a *gasp* meeting! BTW we need to plan a next one! I had too much fun with you all! You are a great bunch.

10. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yes, meet we did. A new group we will have. [face_alien_1]

So, do we want to focus on an activity? board games, RPG, DVD/movie night, etc...

11. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Geez, I love watching the movies but never have with a bunch of SW fans. I am open to ideas. We dicussed RPGs but that takes time to plan, create charaters, etc, and that is not my expertise. Dan is good with that! I know Tristan was interested in RPG and I think perhaps Lilly. But I will not speak for either. I would LOVE a movie night, especially when Fanboys comes out on video. Eventually. LOL!!!!! It is great!!!!! Though it is playing in Nashville att he Belcourt I do not think I can sit in those seats again. Plus it runs until Wednesday.

12. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Perhaps a showing of Hardware Wars or Family Guy: Blue Harvest (Star Wars: A New Hope) parody...?

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Dan would love that!

14. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    More Fanboys news!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Fanboys_Expansion_For_March_20th_121868.asp

Scroll down, they are coming to Franklin!!!!

EDIT: More specific info:

http://www.fandango.com/carmikethoroughbred20_aaofp/theaterpage?date=3/20/2009

You can search other days I am sure!!! Woohoo!!! But hurry, it is this weekend!!!!!

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    welcome back padme, always happy to have more peeps around.

so, next meeting time anyone?

:snoopy

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    My weekends in April are all clear except the morning of April 25th...though I would suspect that we would not opt for early morning on weekends anyway. Most of my weekends are filled in May, so I would prefer our next meeting be sometime in April.

Of course, weekday evenings could be an option for a few hours here or there. What do we want our next meeting to be? Movie, RPG, trivia or board games, etc?

17. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I up for anything. But not this weekend, I am sick :(
    Went to the ER and was told I have a bladder infection, which my doctor missed last week. I TOLD her something was up there!!!! I also have severe gastritis (Lortab was prescribed so it is bad) and possible pancreatitis because of my genetic disease, which would be causing the gastritis. I cannot catch my breath at times. Gallbladder is fine :)

They x-rayed me, poked me with needles and took a pee sample and came p with that. It is cool because my GI doctor is affiliated with MTMC in the Boro, which is where is went, and they had all my ultrasond images on hand from Tuesday's test for my gallbladder and looked at that as well.

Bad thing though is, if it IS pancreatitis, or suspected, I will have to have my annual upper scope early to confirm it. Bleh. My dad has chronic pancreatitis from our disease and my mom s pretty sure it is what I have. Joyous.

18. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    That does not sound like any fun. [face_worried]

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    It is what it is Michael. My niece has the disease and she asked me one time if she was going to have to have surgery too, and I told her probably, (which means, yes) but it is something she HAS to do. It is scary and it is painful, but you do or die. At 10 years old, she understood. She is 11 now and in a few years, she will have surgery. Or she will die. Just like me, her mom and her grandfather.

I have learned to appreciate the good stuff more because of FAP (our disease). I have also learned how to walk around Vandy blindfolded. LOL!!!

Anyway, if I feel okay Saturday, Dan has decided to take us to see Fanboys again in Knoxville as a day trip. We did not go this past weekend because I was so sick this week. We need a day out. And I will bring the painkillers. Painkillers GOOD!!!!! Pain BAD!

You have to see the movie!

20. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I want to. Since I am not teaching this wekend...I think, I'll try to find it around town.

21. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009

It is playing in Belleview. The link is for Saturday.

We were going to go to Knoxville, but Dan did not realize it was here at a different theater. So, if anyone wants to meet, what time would be good? The times listed are 2:15, 5:00, 7:15 and 9:25. Dan and I are open to any of them. We will be going to one of them tomorrow and it would be great to see you there!

22. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I like 7:15 or 9:25. Tomorrow (Sunday) is the Matinee (sp?) showing at 2:15.

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Sorry I have not replied. I woke up with a fever and a migraine at 1l:30 am and took a painkiller. Then I fell back to sleep and woke up again and still had the headache and ahigher temp. Dan came in with a REAL painkiller for me (I have painkillers for my gastritis) and I am on the mend.

We are going to go to the 9:25 one. We purchased our tix online. We are bringing a friend. I am sorry I dd not come back on this morning and see what was going on, but I woke up much later than I should have and the late one is the only feasable one to see now since it is so far away and we have to have dinner beforehand.

And don't worry, what I have is not catchy. :)

Oh, and it is playing at identical times tomorrow (Sunday) with a 2:15 mattinee.

24. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I have just gotten a tornado warning on my weather radio. It will probably be gone long by then. 9:25 is very possible. Perhaps I will see you all there.

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, uh, Dan just walked into the room asking me where this is, and he said it might not be there because of a tornado.

LET US KNOW THAT YOU ARE OKAY when you get this Michael!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.