main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Been away for awhile, out of town, family emergency, and must get back to South Alabama, kinda indefinitely. So, missed fanboys, hope to catch it later.
    looking forward to any and all kinds of meetings. did manage to hang my posters all over the bonus room. Looks good. When life settles down some (haha does it ever), I am looking forward to finally unpacking the collection
    Weekends in April hopefully will work.
    JocastaNu3

2. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Well, in a way it is good you missed it. I feel bad for Michael because it was the second time Dan and I saw it, but Michael's first and this one was a really bad copy of it. It was like a rough director's cut or something with boom mics in the shots and the picture quality and sound quality sucked. The film was not in the correct format so the movie was wider than it should have been. It really was disappointing. It is worth seeing a third time but not there. I hope Michael gets to see a better version of it before it goes to DVD. Because the version we saw Saturday night was NOT the version we saw at the Belcourt. It was the same movie, but without editing it seems.

Hope all is well. April sounds great. I have been very sick. I almost missed the movie this weekend and missed it last weekend because of it. Pancreatitis sucks!

3. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Once I got used to the distorted people squished down (most obvious in the opening scenes with the Stormtroope costumes), I was okay. Did seem kind of a rip-off. For $9.00 per ticket, I would expect them to have a good copy. The movie itself was good.

4. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    It is coming to DVD in the 10th Aniverary of TPM release (appropriately)...May 19 (I may have the day wrong but it is the 10th anniversary of TPM). I have Kyle Newman on mf Facebook and he announced it there and on SW.com. [face_dancing]

I am in love with the movie. I am just sorry that the version Michael saw was crappy. I might have to shoot a message to Kyle about it.

5. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Apparently, there was a great disturbance in the film...

6. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Good one, Michael!

7. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    That tornado came less than a mile from my home. Is everyone okay? I am okay. But my town is not. Look at this if you did not see it on the news:
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?s=10164123

Scrool down to see Leland show the M'boro camera in the square. We live just outside the Blackman community, where the storm hit hard, and The Avenue, where the storm skirted and hit all around. It looks like the tornado went either really closeby or it hopped over us. The camera shows it in the background and as I watched it live, I remember calling Dan in from the front porch to show him. Yeah, he was watching, but so was I...we did not see the funnel cloud because we were looking off our front porch instead of the back porch. [face_whistling]

Anyway, hope everyone is fine. We are okay. :D But it was very close.

8. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I saw on the news yesterday. I will be there with work tomorrow to help pass out supplies to help the clean up effort. The curtain of storms went through most of western and middle TN. Glad to hear you are okay.

Everyone else okay?

9. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    So, so glad you were okay in Murf. I was thinking about you when I saw that it hit there. Gosh, that's too close for comfort. I have been in AL for 2 weeks, taking care of my dad. He had to be in the hospital again. Anyway, glad to be home for a little while. Hate I missed fanboys, but will get the dvd as soon as it's available.

10. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    It played in Antioch this weekend at Hickory Hollow and I forgot to post it here. I am afraid to go there. It might still be playing. Go at your own risk. Really. Hickory 8. Actually it IS playing today...go here and you can check for tomorrow and Thursday I think. I will not be going. Dan won't let me :p and I do not want to get killed anyway. LOL!

And yeah, we are fine. Thanks! Anyone hear from Tristan? I have PMed him. He is my Creche Master and I am writing my first fanfic but cannot get a hold of him.

Tristan, where are you! [:D]

11. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Haven't heard from him sincethe last meeting time and his post after that.

12. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Hmmmm....I know he has been sick. I have been in touch with him a little. I know he is around but people are asking abut him. I am not the best Padawan in the world right now because I too have been sick, but all my masters know that I am still around and I will continue my tasks as I feel better. ANd I am doing much better. Turns out it is probably an ulcer in my duodenum. My GI doc will probably wanna scope to see it. I have precancerous polyps there as well, so he will want tom ake sure it is an ulcer and not a polyp misbehaving. With my genetic disease, you cannot be too careful.

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Just posting here to let everyone know I am alive. I had to have emergency hernia surgery almost 3 weeks ago and I was in the hospital a week before that. So my problem was the hernia. I am still in some pain but not like before. And my post op depression has subsided. Lortab and plain ol' TLC have been my best friends.

We got Fanboys last night and at tthe Blockbuster on Northfield in the Boro, we also got 3 movie pictures for half off...one of ESB, one of ROTJ and one was a 30th anniversary collage of the OT. They are huge and very nice. NOT posters. Framed prints on some sort of hard matte surface. Dan insisted on getting all of them. Would have loved to have ANH, but it was not there.

Anyway, hope all is well with you all and hope to get together soon. Anyone see Star Trek yet? We are seeing it again today. I really loved it.

14. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Those prints sound AWESOME! I wonder if any other blockbusters have them. Finally got my posters up in the bonus room, but not much else. That's my next project!
    Also on the hunt for some neat Star Wars jewelry, nothing too over the top, something subtle.
    So glad you are recuperating well

JocastaNu3

15. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks. It is going well. I am tired and my energy is low. But I am better. What a difference a week makes. I week ago I tired out in a few hours and now, I just have to sit down and recupe. ANd I have painkillers for when I need them, but it is not constant pain. Just when I over exert myself. We were able to go out and see Star Trek again on Sunday. I highly recommend the movie. ILM did the effects and Artoo is in the movie somewhere. I have not found the little droid, though, so I guess I will have to cheat and search for the easter egg. :D

Hope everyone is doing great!!! It is amazing how much beter I feel from how I felt starting February. I can eat now! Wow!!!!

Later!
    Kim

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yeah, I saw it on Saturday. It was very good. Took some liberties with the established plot...but I guess that is okay. [face_alien_1]

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    hey all, i do still exist. just kinda been a hard past two months for varied reasons.

i'm glad you're ok kim.

haven't seen ST yet, but hoping to next week. not sure when precisely.

:snoopy

18. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Haha, I have seen you elsewhere, but not here. Glad you could join us, Master!!! :) Are you feeling well? I heard you ad a rough time lately. :( I know the feeling, I assure you. ;)

19. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Yea! Trimaj has escaped the Sarlaac. Hope you fared a little better than Fett.
    Good to see you back !
    Give us a movie review when you see ST
    Terminator was entertaining!
    Let's try and get a meeting planned for a weekend in June. Will be in VEGAS weekend of the 13th, but others are open!

JocastaNu3

20. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Put it this way...ST was awesome both times I saw it. It is based on an alt-timeline and that is all I will tell you. The characters are dead on, the plot is great, the action is superb, and the special effects from ILM, no less, were just breath taking. The story was really good. Spock and Jim were great and I loved Karl Urban as McCoy. Scotty was funny! Look for the Tribble and someone tell me where Artoo is because he IS in the movie.

Go see it, it is great! :D

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    The casting was definitely well done to match personality types of the characters and the original actors. If they make more using this timeline, I would certainly go and see it. Well worth watching.

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, I saw it and my first thought at the end besides, Oh my goodness,what an awesome movie." was, SEQUEL!!!

And my mom went to see it and LOVED it. I grew up on ST because of her. While I was in the hospital recovering from that gosh awful surgery, she promised to watch ANH with me. So I MIGHT bring it over to the house tomorrow while she recovers from having a little surgery of her own. ;)

Hey, when are we going to meet again. I am well now guys, and lady. I love talking to you online, but we really clicked at the first meeting even if it was weird at first. You are good people. But next time, I say we meet at B&N. :p

23. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    I second that emotion! Let's meet at B and N soon, how about a Sat in late June, either the 20th or 27th??? July starts to get iffy.
    Hope to have a few more people who might respond from teh yahoo invites I sent. Hope springs eternal!
    JocastaNu3

24. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    pick a time and place and i'll be there.

:snoopy

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm in! And so is Dan, but he does not know it yet. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.