1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    They do that sometimes. I decided to learn the difference because I am scared of tornadoes. :_| I moved here from Maryland and I never saw so many storms!

Here you go...so you know I am not so crazy. 8-} Okay, I AM crazy...
    http://www.weather.com/encyclopedia/thunder/index.html

Like I said, I am not telling you to prove I am right. I do not need an inflated ego...I do not want one. I just know it is safer to know the difference. :D
  2. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah, I also looked it up. Could have sworn that they meant the opposite. But I looked at the Fox 17 website for confirmation. My previous sourse was very wrong.

Welcome to Tornado Country.
  3. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I used to get them mixed up. I have to correct people because around here it is important to know the difference. I have been here for 17 years. It is amazing the technology they have on the news stations with the weather. They can pinpoint the storms down to the driveway. On Channel 5, I have seen them pinpoint driveways and parking lots. Well, as they moved their cursors across them.
  4. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    "Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon..."
  5. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    LOL, yeah. If I really had a Jedi's weapon, I would make the storm move away with Force Push. :p
  6. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    Can you talk to the clouds, "You do not want to rain."
  7. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sometimes rain is good though. Tornadoes don't really seem to have a purpose. Not sure how good at Jedi Mind tricks I am. :)
  8. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    Does Force=Wind? Tornado=dark side powers?

Glad you survived. :)
  9. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks, you too. :) Seems we are always dodging those storms.
  10. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    That makes us stormtroopers. [face_alien_1]
  11. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    just to clarify, we are actually meeting on the 27th, barnes and noble in whatever that area is at three or four? figured that should actually be finalized one way or another.

:snoopy
  13. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yes, that would be a good idea. :) Cool Springs at 3 PM? Sound okay to everyone? I am just throwing that out there to see if that is a good plan.
  14. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    works for me unless something changes between now and then.

:snoopy
  15. JocastaNu3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can't wait! what's on the agenda? Do I still need to see Fanboys asap?
    looking forward
    JocastaNu3
  16. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Fanboys, yes! Has everyone seen it? I do not want to spoil it. We REALLY need to find a place to watch movies. When we get to know one another more, we can find a place. Our home is a pigsty or else I would invite you all to ours.
  17. JocastaNu3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey,
    anyone want to post an official new thread about hte meeting, when, where, etc in the subject line to hopefully attract any newbies? if not, I will
    can't wait,
    JocastaNu3
    PS hopefully I can actually make it there on time, with no flat tire or any other problems
  18. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm good with time and location. I'm not sure what good posting a new thread will do here...if they are looking for a new one, they should see this one gets updated.
  19. JocastaNu3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    okie dokie, hope we'll recruit a few more to the cause.
    and have very much enjoyed your tornado talk. hilarious!
    if I ever get the bonus room/star wars room finished, we could have something here. anyone with any display tips, interesting shelving tips, etc, for collections, please share.
    can't wait.
    Jocasta Nu3
    PS have had much fun playing the star wars trivia games on Facebook. Plan on creating some myself. first quizzes will be quotes from original trilogy, feel free to share your faves.
  20. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    If you think another post will help... Go for it. :) I am still working on my Star Wars Room...as if the rest of the house doesn't have at least a few collectibles in it.
  21. JocastaNu3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We looked at a house in McKay's Mill that was just begging to be a SW room. It had a 'theater' media room, big screen and chairs that were staying, but also would've afforded lots of shelving.
    The bonus room here is much smaller, and has to serve many purposes, computer room, kids tv/play room, office, etc. I have coverd all walls with posters, so I probably took too much shelving space away. May rethink. I would like long shelves that ring the room near the top, then I could put figures, etc.
    Alas, they are still packed up and in the closet. The closet I think could be painted black and have things hung around in there or shelves installed? IDK. I decided at the old house in Baton Rouge to try and corral most collectibles into one place. I have my morning coffee mug. ROTS, in the kitchen of course, but that might be it. Kids play with lightsabers, except my FX one. Just gotta get with it. Did put my bumper sticker on the van, "my other vehicle is an X-wing"
    Anyway, looking forward.
  22. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    With these 3 new pictures we have, our whole house will be SW!!!! Sounds great though. I wish I could invite everyone here but my house needs a good cleaning. We have pets. So.... But I would love to do it eventually! But look forward to Saturday!!!
  23. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    Me too.

Between my B5, Transformers, and my small collection of ST, I am running out of space. I am always looking for new shelves so more can go up. My Star Wars collection definitely dwarfs all of the others combined.

I can think of plenty of bumber stickers that would be funny, like: "This vehicle makes wide turns to the dark side."
  24. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    "Dack was my Co-pilot" LOL!!!
  25. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    "Proud parent of a Sith Lord"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.