main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Meeting this Friday, August 17th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by The_Cheeser, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    According to the "Fall/Winter 2007 Meetings" thread, there is a general meeting this Friday. I also heard a rumor that it is at Nathan's house. Can we clarify some details?
    Nathan= DarkJedi Nasman? Or a different Nathan?
    Address?
    Time?

I have not seen any of this info yet, so this would be the best place for it, please.

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Agreed, I am very much hoping to make this one, depending on how things go with work.
    I am most anxious to meet all of you!

3. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes, It is at my place. I'll go ahead and say that my address is 1123 W. Frederick Ave. in Spokane. Go to MapQuest or someplace for directions.

I will go ahead and say come over anytime after 6pm. untill midnight. If you have any other questions, pm me.

Hope to see all of you here.

4. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Excellent! Thank you for the details! We hope to see everyone on Friday.

5. Bartman76

Bartman76 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Sweet! Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

6. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    AAAARRRRRGH! I think I'm cursed.....and blessed in a way.

Good news, I found gainful employment! I'm the new evening nurse at ManorCare!

Bad news, I am scheduled for Mon-Fri 2pm -10pm!

Sooooo I'm great for any weekend events but friday night meetings.......I might be able to show up at the tail end...............GRRRRRRRRRRR!

7. Rhett_Sarlin

Rhett_Sarlin Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2007
    haha, sucks dude....

i might be there. it'll depend on if i can find it :p anything i should bring?

8. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    Typically we bring money for food and soda. Generaly we buy pizza's, but if you are interested in something else, there can always be a vote...

9. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004

Hey, better to show up at the tail end than not at all.

Congratulations on the job. I hope that it's comfortable for you.

Generally I bring the soda (Mountain Dew, anyway). Money is always a good idea.....

10. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I'll do my best to swing by after work, (I'll give John a call to make sure things are still going) probably 11 ish

Thanks!

11. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    I would like to meet you all finally. I will try to stop by after work. Any directions to Nathans?

12. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Darthchromer:
    His address is in the third post. Use maps.google.com, mapquest.com or maps.yahoo.com

Nathan:
    How big is your place? Is there a room or spot where my kids could watch a movie while the meeting is going on?

13. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Kelli and I will be there tonight, with some cash for some 'zza :p

We've got some HUGE news to announce at the meeting tonight, you can tell it's big because I bolded, underlined and italicized it :D So anyone who can make it should certainly try ;)

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    <eledaia>As far as directions go, just get on Monroe whether you are coming from the north or south. Frederick will cross monroe south of the plateau going up to Garland. I believe that there is a small gas station on the west side of monroe very near Frederick. Nathan lives west of monroe, so if you are coming from the north that is a right turn and from the south a left turn.

Also, I will have important information for everyone wanting to make a costume before the end of the year.<eledaia>

15. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    oh right, I'm awake! Thanks.o_O

16. Padmaye

Padmaye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2006
    Kelli and John:

Okay, so what was the HUGE NEWS? Are you moving to Spokane because you have become gainfully employed in said city and already have an apartment picked out?!?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Padmaye

PS - It's a good thing you had the meeting elsewhere Friday - the back yard project, while very productive, had some catastrophies. Typical. The jerk who built my house ought to be shot. Seriously. Telephone wire is supposed to be buried a minimum of 18 inches under the ground, not left just lying on top of the dirt nestled under some weeds. Arg.

17. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Want me to kill him?[face_skull] [face_devil]

18. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    [face_thinking]

Uh, if that's your biggest problem, count yourself lucky.

I once had to do a 2nd floor bathroom remodel that was supposed to be fairly basic. There was some sagging in the floor joists (supports) that should have been easy enough to repair, and some leaking plumbing somewhere so I was justified in tearing up the floor. When I'd done so, I realized that the leak was due to that sagging of the floor having settled on the primary drain pipe and pulled it partly out of "Stack". (the "Stack" is your main sewer line leading from your house to the city sewer system) The floor was sagging because some "genious" had decided to cut completely through all the floor joists in order to put in the main drain pipe. Why? There was more than 18" of dead space available right under the floor joists.

The only thing that would have made that job all the more fun would have been if they'd gone and wrapped all the electrical supply lines around the main drain pipe, put in splices for no good reason, and then tied it all together with twine. Oh wait, that's exactly what they did do.....

:mad:

19. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    :eek:
    Alfredo, you have the most interesting stories about things.

20. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    No, and no we're not having a baby either... I think I already told you the news one of those days we chatted downtown. I should have phrased it differently, I should have said Nick, Kelli and I have good news, or SpoCon has good news... I'll make a separate thread about it ;)

21. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Ah, will the disappointments never end, John? :_|
    I cannot believe you would let us down like that. I mean, SpoCon is cool and all, but...well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.