main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Meeting this Saturday - March 9th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday (tomorrow) we will be having a meeting of the FanForce Detroit chapter. Yay. We'd love it if you could make it! :)

When: Saturday, March 9th

Where: the Cafe in Borders Books (I-75 & Baldwin Rd, just in front of Great Lakes Crossing)

Time: 7pm - when ever

If things run over (Borders closes at 11pm) or we just feel like talking some more, there is a Steak & Shake just a minute or two behind Borders that's open 24 hours.

See ya there! WooHoo! :)

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    See you then!:)

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Yay! Can't wait! See you tonight!
    M.

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Well since Catholic Central's hockey team just had to win last night, I will be unable to attend. I have to cover the state hockey finals in Flint at 7 p.m. However, I will drive down to Border's right from the game, so hopefully I will roll in between 10-10:30. We can proceed to Steak and Shake from there. Hope to see you all tonight!

5. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    It'll be great to see you all again! Hope you make it Brad. :)

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    can anyone attend? new member.

7. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    Me! Me! Me! It is for sure now!

*throws herself a party*

8. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Robert, if you're from Mich around Detroit then come on out. The more, the better. :)
    Boy, I sure hope this crappy weather clears up by 7.

9. tnashmed

tnashmed Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2002
    I saw the posting for this meeting a few weeks ago. I drove 40 miles to get there and no one at Borders new anything about any meeting. I wasted 3 hours of my time on this bogus posting.

10. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Did you actually go to the meeting tonight?

11. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    We were all there!

12. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    What the heck is tnashmed yappin about then?
    Oh, did you get my logos?

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    It was great to see everyone there tonight! Glad the power went out so I could make it ;) Seems like we are starting to move forward with a few things. I love the idea of getting together to go see the movie as a group, either on the release date, or an agreeable date thereafter. Good to meet those like Dustin and Sam who came out for the first time, as well as the "old-timers" LOL!

Hope everyone made it home OK with the wonderful weather. Take care!
    Brad

14. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Great post Brad...it was nice to meet you all as well. There's not much that can beat sitting around talkin' about star wars!

15. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Well, I certainly had a great time meeting all of you tonight! :)

And to those of you who showed up when you saw the post...that was great! It was a great surprise. And I hope some of you can make it to the next meeting as well. :D

-Bianca

16. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Well,the meeting was great,even though the drive home was hell!Nice to see everyone again,I like the way that our little group is beginning to pull itself together.

It was good to meet the new people as well.Hope that you guys will stick with us,the next few months are going to be great for SW fans and even better when you have friends to share it with.:)

I am so geeked now about CII,since I know people who are going now.It's going to be great!

p.s.SwordChick-we are not giving up on trying to talk you into going to Indianapolis!:)

(waves hand in front of SC's face)

"You will come to Indy with us,where we shall all party with 20,000 new friends"

See you all next time!

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    It was great to meet so many people that like Star Wars as much as I do. I'll be at the next meeting. I also like the idea of going to see Episode 2 together.

18. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Well, it was my first meeting and four people from the first meeting (royalguard, MiraxTHorn, sword chick and Idgie) showed up. And then all us newbies! I think there were about 6 of us. So we had a good turn out with 10 people.

From what Mirax and Idgie said...the Cafe was a much better location as you didn't have to shout and lean in to hear everyone. So that's a good location for other meetings. And most of us stayed until they closed the store (just before 11pm). RoyalGuard, Mirax and myself headed to Steak & Shake afterwards for a quick bite but wrapped things up around midnight and we all headed home. It was a good time.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the next meeting! :D

19. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    ::face goes blank:: I will go to Indianapolis, and party in my Aurra gear with 20,000 fellow fans.....

Lol, Idgie! It's not me you have to mind trick, use the Force on my mom.

It was wonderful seeing you all again and meeting the new members. We're growing slowly but surely. There's nothing better than getting togeather with other fans. :)

Well I'm sure glad to see that everyone made it home! The drive was hell, like Idgie said. My mother and I had an "Oh crap" moment when we realized we were driving on an ice rink at 70mph & going into a sharp curve. Luckily the force was with us & we made it to my grandparents in Royal Oak where we spent the night . There was no way we would have made it.When I realized how bad things were I was trying to make like Luke in ESB & use telepathy to tell all of ya to stay off the freeway!

Can't wait to see you all at the next meeting!

20. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    As Leia would say, "Thank the Force." ;)

I'm glad you and your mom had a place to crash near by.

21. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

It was wonderful to see some of you again, and meet a bunch of new folks. I, for one, was thrilled by the turnout, especially on such a nasty night. I'm proud to be part of this little group. You are all so nice and interesting to talk to! So glad to hear you all made it home safely!

(Huttese, I'll let you know right now that you're never going to live down eavesdropping to see if we were normal before deciding to join the group. ;) LOL)

Anyway, we talked about many things - favorite movie, character, line, historical and cultural influences, collecting, and of course, Celebration. I'm so excited about that, I could do cartwheels! We definitely need to work some kind of Jedi mind trick on SwordChick's mom!

Look for the details of our next meeting in a new thread! Hope to see those who couldn't make it at the next one.

Regards,
    M.

PS - Dustin and Robert, I sent you the invite for the Yahoo group. Please let me know if you don't get it. I had a hard time telling whether or not to capitalize in your email addresses.

22. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I also enjoyed meeting all of you at the meeting. Yes, the drive home was torturous - ice rink up I-75 & M-15 until Ortonville. I saw a couple of trucks in the ditch on both sides of M-15 near Froglegs restaraunt. I'm glad everyone got home in one piece.

As you know, since I'm so far north, I'll likely attend Saginaw group's meetings more often, but I'll post on both and attend any Detroit meetings that I can.

Indy is very uncertain for me, as we are trying to get a house right now. Bad timing. I do expect to make the ritualistic spring Motor City ComicCon, and look forward to the groups' plan for that.

Eric

23. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    I got through to the Yahoo group, confusing as it was. I'll take the jokes on spying, but I was pleasantly suprised with the group and I will definitely be at all the meetings. I also have a good story to tell about tryin to avoid spoilers.

24. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Huttese,

Are you going to make us wait til the next meeting for your story?

M.

25. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Yes, because unlike some of you, I have to wait until may 16th to find out what happens next in the star wars universe(well kinda, thats what the story is about)...i figure you all can hold the expectations of hearing a good story until the 13th of April. Although, I was wondering why those of us who can, dont get together sometime before then...A month seems to be a long time to go without a major helping of star wars. It was ok before, but now that i know there is people close by who share the same addiction, it seems natural to get together more often than once a month!

And I was directly referring to those of you who cant go a day without looking up a spoiler...coughBradcough - Just Kidding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.