main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Meeting this Saturday! VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Okay folks, it's that time once again.

The meeting this Saturday is going to be our most important so far. It is essential that everyone attend, especially if you want to make your voice heard on any of the matters dealing with the line for Episode II and for Celebration II.

The meeting will be at the usual place at Half Priced Books on Northwest Highway and 75, and will be between 2-3:30. It's going to be a little longer this time, because for the people going to the Celebration, we're going to talk about our plans after the general meeting.

After that, we're planning on going to Dave and Busters on Walnut Hill.

Once again, if you have any interest in going to Celebration II--please attend.

It's going to get bigger and bigger from here on out, folks, and everyone that wants to have an opinion needs to be there.

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000

As Brandon said, everyone who wants to take part in our activities, COME TO THIS MEETING! :D

Here's the rundown of discussion items; bookmark DFWFanForce.net for more info on events and news:

3. Episode II Campout & Lineup! We are currently in negotiations with the properties that may be hosting our campout and lineup. We have a preliminary plan and schedule of activities, and will be discussing this in more detail at the meeting.
  4. Celebration II! There will be potential volunteer opportunities (and rewards) for DFW FanForce members going to Celebration II in May. If you can go and will support this work with your hard work, we'd like to give you the full scoop at the meeting.
  5. 25th Anniversary Sci-Fi Expo! On May 17-19, the same weekend that AOTC opens, Atomic Entertainment will be hosting the 25th Anniversary of STAR WARS Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show in Plano. This will be a large show, with plenty of celebrities, and we will be needing volunteers to help Atomic Entertainment make this a huge success.
  6. AOTC TV Trailer Gathering! The final trailer for Attack of the Clones will debut on the small screen on March 10th, on the FOX Network. We will be gathering to watch and discuss this latest, action-packed preview.
  7. AOTC Trailer/Ice Age Movie Outing! The final trailer for Episode II will debut on the big screen with the movei Ice Age on March 15. We will discuss an outing to go view the trailer and movie.
  8. Ft. Worth-area Events! We will be discussing activities taking place in the Fort Worth area of the Metroplex, such as the March 23 10th Annual AIDS Walk at Trinity Park Pavilion.
  9. AOTC Merchandise Midnight Madness! April 23 will see the release of merchandise related to Episode II. We will discuss gathering the night of April 22 to get in on the first wave of Episode II products.

10. There are several other events in the works, so if you want to take part in any of these events, or have any ideas or suggestions related to DFW FanForce, do not miss this meeting!

We'll see you there!

11. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Count me in!

I just looked up that Half-Price Books location on MapQuest. Good gosh, that's quite a trek from here. I better leave now...

LOL! :D

12. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm trying to see if the hubby wants to go to this one - it's been a long while since I've been to one and sounds like meetings have really moved along in great detail... plus I have been wanting to hit 1/2 price for a while, again.

So.. we'll see if he's game.. I can't remember if we'd made plans for that day already or not.... I'm not going to CII but I do plan on going to the Plano May con (although I'll hopefully be involved with the 501st and 2 friends coming in from out of town), not to mention I'm curious how things're going w/ the lineup etc....

So.. I'll see... *crosses fingers*

13. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, Cynthia! Some of the 501st asked about you at the Plano show! They're looking to be even more high-profile this year than at Dragon*Con last year :eek:

And, regarding making it to the meeting, think positively and remember the words of the wizened one..."Do or do not, there is no try..." ;)

We don't want any fans to miss out on what's going on, and it really limits both your opportunities and what we can do as a group if we only "see" you on the boards. :)

See y'all at the meeting!

14. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL.. I'd told them on their board I wouldn't be going to the February con... heheheh :) I had a feeling it was going to be a small con, and I know they're hoping to get a lot of people together for the next one, so hopefully I can finally finish my guard and join them.

Seriously.. I hated skipping the con this last time, but what can ya do?

Sounds like Chris is cool w/ going, but he may have something earlier that day so hopefully we'll make it on time. I'm sure planning on it (like I said.. it's a dual trip... I want to hit the bookstore to look for a few titles, too).

15. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    I will not be there. My parents are coming into town, and only if we are in Dallas, will I pop by. Normally, I would come, however, given some family matters that need to be discussed, I must miss. I will be posting on the paintball game soon, my friend is still gathering info, there will be a date soon. I will be at the campout the evening before the first show. I will be at the AIDS walk. And I will be at the sci-fi show in May. Sorry. If any matters need to be discussed with me, please e-mail me at foldsect@hotmail.com.
    old-master has bowed out....

16. jedi_xtacy

jedi_xtacy Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    I really, really want to be there, but I have to work on Saturdays and last meeting I took a vacation day in order to be with all of you wonderful fellas and gals, but fear not. I will be there for the convention in May. I have two weeks vacation lined up to camp out and stuff. I hope yall have fun!!!!

Stop using sex as a weapon...

17. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Glad to see all you guys there... looking forward to things as AotC gets closer to opening day.. yay! :)

Now if I can just finish my royal guard costume.. 'm almost sick of the thing... (had to put it on hold for a few months.. grrr).

18. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks to everyone for coming. It's nothing but STAR WARS fun from this point on.

:D :D :D :D :D

:cool:

19. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Sorry I wasn't there today. I wanted to be. But I was out all day freezing my BUTT off. I will be sooooooo glad when I sell all these cookies. :)

Would love to know what I miss and if you guys need me for anything. Just pm me. Thanks

Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.