main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Meeting this Saturday

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ithorian, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, so, the meeting this Saturday is kind of a meeting to firm up our plans for the Pittsburgh Comicon trip, but it's also going to be like a regular meeting, where we try to do something afterwards. Also, if at all possible, I think a change of venue would be nice.

That said, if the weather holds, I'd like to try and have an outdoor meeting/picnic somewhere. Valley Falls was suggested last meeting, which I think would be good.

Also, we need to determine what time is good for everyone. I'm actually free the entire day Saturday, so if we wanted to do the outdoor thing, we could do it earlier in the day.

If none of this pans out, or if the weather turns foul, Valley Worlds of Fun at 5:00 PM Saturday will be the backup. I have an activity planned for Valley, as well, should the outdoor meeting not work out. :)

Anyway, start posting! I want to hear some suggestions!

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Grrr. Possible trip to the in-laws this weekend :( I'm sure that alone will ensure that this will be the meeting that everyone will make it to! LOL I'll let you all know if there is a change of plans.

3. Fettish_01

Fettish_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    I'll be there with bells on!!!

Er....maybe I shouldn't wear the bells....

;)
    -Fettish

4. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    <is afraid to ask fettish if shes not wearing the bells exactly what she IS wearing>

:p

Well, as for me, I have no clue how to get to valley falls, and Im what you might refer to as directionally challeneged, so I personally would prefer that we at least met at valley and went from there.

As to the after meeting event, personally, I think it would be neat to watch one of the trilogy movies, compare notes about side stories we know or some such. We did that with episode 2 and it was a good bit of fun. Since each of us may have different interests, we may have heard of/know of different things. Tho, somebody should prolly show fettish how to get to wherever we might watch em. :p

Barring that, I renew my vote for a lightsaber duel-a-thon in that star tunnel in valley lanes. (hey, I saw no sign that said lightsabers not allowed :D )

Anyways, there is my 2 liberty dimes worth. =)

5. Ariala

Ariala Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    Wear the bells, Fettish :) If you don't, that means you had trouble making it to the meeting and needed help.

Amazingly enough, I don't work Saturday either, so pretty much any time is good for me. An outdoor meeting is fine, though I'm doubting the weather at present. Time, of course, will tell.

If the weather doesn't pan out, Valley WoF sounds like a plan.

6. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    Believe it or not, I actually know where Valley Falls is! *gasp* I have been there dozens of times and have family that live in the area. :) And, might I remind you all that I did indeed find the "cross roads and chuch" near Raptor's house. I still insist I was given incorrect directions as to where the house sits! LOL Anyway, bells or no bells, I'll be there on Saturday...

;)
    -Fettish

7. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, it looks like I'm going to have to call the outdoor meeting a bust. They're calling for rain on Saturday, which would make for a pretty miserable meeting. So it looks like it's back to Valley again, unless someone else has a better idea.

Also, what time is everyone comfortable with? Is the evening OK, or can we do it in the afternoon?

8. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    evenings *hic* are bad for me because of my....um....friends drinking problem....*burp* hehe j/k :D

Id actually rather meet at like 1 or 2 if everyone is able, as Ill be heading down from morgantown this trip, and heading back that evening for business. If it doesnt fit with someones schedule, then its fine either way. Just my two dakterrets worth.

9. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    "Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here, I need something more real." LOL.

Sreiuosly, though, 1:00 would work for me. How about everyone else?

10. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    1:00 is fine with me....

-Fettish

11. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Hearing no other opinions (and because I'd like to get it on the main page before Saturday), the next meeting will be at Valley once again at 1:00 PM. I have a small activity planned, but if you're going on the trip, please try to attend if at all possible.

12. Ariala

Ariala Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    Gotta love it when a plan comes together...

13. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I really hate having to miss my first meeting :(

14. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Well, the meeting has come and gone! We had a good time. Most of the meeting was talking about the Comicon trip (if you need the info on where to meet, PM me). We also briefly went over some of the other business we discussed last meeting, and followed it all up with a rousing game of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. It was fun!

Naturally, we won't have another meeting this month, since the Comicon trip is so close, so expect another meeting at the end of May!

15. Ariala

Ariala Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    Yes... ask Fettish about sail barges sometime! ;)

16. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    ..............I heard that.

ROTFL
    ;)
    -Fettish

17. Ariala

Ariala Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2003
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

18. Fettish_01

Nov 8, 2002
    You're just jealous of my pleasure vehicle with oversized deck gun....

ROTFL
    :)
    -Fettish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.