Meeting time!

Discussion in 'Madison, WI' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be wearing a star wars shirt with Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul on it and a purple Scarmento Kings baseball cap. I'll be around in front of whats going to be Barnes and Noble a little before 6
  2. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    oh and I will be wearing a baseball hat that says "seek" on it. :D

Forcebewitya!
  3. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. Had some guests come into town this weekend rather last minute, so I shall be busy with playing host for them. Hope it's a good meeting guys. Let me know what I missed.
  4. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Awwwww! I just saw this thread now! :( :_|

I live up in Oshkosh, but I'd love to come down to Madison for any FF meetings. I went to school in Madison. :cool: And I saw ROTJ on opening weekend at the East Towne Mall! :D (But we won't talk about the nasssty man who spoiled me while waiting in line. :mad:) It's only about an hour drive for me.

If you guys are still lookin' for more members, please send me a PM! I'll try to check the forums more often, but the Wisconsin boards aren't always that active.
  5. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry that you missed the meeting General Kenobi, and Toxicned! It was a good time I met rougeniner and Rick_sith, and his wife. So it was a good time all in all. Hope that you will both be able to attend the next one.

Forcebewitya!
  6. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Dude, I've hit all the meetings we've had thus far. I think I'm entitled to miss one. ;)
  7. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we had a good time, and we always want new members.
    To bad you had to miss us We'll have to work on something again. But this year lets not have a meeting at the same time as the Blues Fest.
  8. Kurdatz Jedi Padawan

I too am sorry that I missed the meeting gang, but duty calls :-( I hope to make the next one though . . .maybe Vader might appear as well!
  9. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if its at East Towne again it might casue a scene. Might be kind of Cool
  10. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah we (all of us that have costumes) should go someplace in them! for our next meeting or something. It would be awesome! I always find it fun to go out in public in costume. Like walking to Mcdonalds for lunch at filmcon :D

Forcebewitya!
  11. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont have one, but that would be cool. I can already see the cashier's face
  12. Kurdatz Jedi Padawan

Well, I was being a little sarcastic there, but I suppose I could wear it some day. . .somewhere.
  13. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    OK, finally I have a few moments of peace to get on here and post a reply...

The meeting was pretty good I thought. We all had some fun getting to know each other.

Forcebewitya is a cool guy. I'm glad he's part of our tiny group.

Sorry that I didn't get to the board before the meeting otherwise I would have seen your post, Jon. We did miss ya, believe it or not. Hopefully next time you will be able to join us.

Attendance was good otherwise. All who said they were coming showed up. So we did have enough people for it to be official (if we still have to worry about that).

We did discuss the possibility of t-shirts with our logo or something. I had mentioned that we still need to design a logo first and then we "might" make some t-shirts. First things first, as you all know.

Anyway, I think our next meeting should be more sooner than later. FilmCon is a good place to meet but it isn't proposed until Feb. of 2004, so we need a couple meetings before that I think, at least.

The mall has worked for us in the past, but I think a change would be nice. Somewhere that isn't quite as loud but we don't have to worry about getting loud ourselves. Kinda hard to find a place like that unless it's at someone's home.

With that said, I think I could talk Kel into us hosting a meeting at our apartment. Maybe out in the backyard, as long as the skeeters behave themselves. Perhaps even a BBQ type of thing (I gotta seriously clean my grill first though). And costums would be OK, just be careful of the ceiling fan and doorways. But I'd like your thoughts before I run it past Kel. Otherwise, we could hold meetings in parks and similar places, until winter comes.

Anyway, those are my inputs. If you guys like the idea, I'll see what Kel says and we'll get things going. (I'm thinking last part of Aug. or early Sept. for the next meeting).
  14. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    "The mall has worked for us in the past, but I think a change would be nice. "

yes I agree. That sounds like it could work. Also it would be good to have another meeting soon. Also to have one before school starts for me (august 26th) if at all possible.

Forcebewitya!
  15. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    Another meeting sould be sooner thats much is certin. The Mall has worked in the past, but like rick said its to loud. A park could work there are a couple parks in the area of East Towne. I'm like the mall because I find something to buy afterwards, like last time I found a Highlander the series CD at Boarders
  16. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    ah good find on the cd's Rouge. I didn't find anything myself after the meeting. Just talked to one of the guys that works at EB. A park sounds good to me, Eric talked about going to a movie sometime. The problem with that is that you really dont get to talk to people then. Well I'm pretty much open to anything.

Forcebewitya!
  17. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    A movie sounds good, but it would be something that would either be followed by a dinner or a Lunch before
  18. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    There is a park on the east side that is pretty nice and it has a shelter which we could use to keep us out of the sun or rain.
    We could each bring our own "lunch" and make it a picnic like thing or just go on our own to eat before or after we meet.

If this is something everyone wants to do, let me know and I'll give directions to that park. I can't remember it's name, but I will get that too.

Also, let me know what you guys want to do about the food issue... as I said, either bring your own or eat before or after would be the choices. No BBQ at the park, because my grill is too big to haul there.

Of course, if someone has a better idea, then please share it.

The movie thing would cost us money and as was said, we wouldn't be able to talk much at the movie... before or after, yeah, but thats about it.

So figure out where you want to have the next meeting and then we will decide on when to have it.
  19. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    double post... please delete
  20. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    k sounds good Rick.

Forcebewitya!
  21. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    And out of the million or so parks on the east side are you talking about :p
  22. Rick_Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Sycamore Park on the East Side. It's not far from Hwy 30 and close to the Walmart on Hwy 51

Lots of open space to toss a ball around or something. Also I do know there is at least one shelter there. Bathrooms may not be open, but I'm sure there are some nearby. Like I said, Walmart is near (but wouldn't want to walk there if I had to go to the bathroom).

If someone has a better park to use, let me know.
  23. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not a park expert so what ever you think would work is fine by me. I trust your judgement :p

Forcebewitya!
  24. ROGUE_NINER Jedi Master

star 4
    There's a good sized park by Arbys on E. Washington, Randell or something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.