Meeting to become an official FF

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys,

If anyone is checking in to see if anything new is going on, I am trying to put together another meeting to finalize our status as an FF and become a full-fledged chapter.

Post interest and availability here.

Thanks.
  2. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Definantly interested, although I don't think just two people will do it. When/where were you thinking of holding the meeting?
  3. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I am open to anywhere along a major road at either a restaurant or coffee shop.

I am available for either Saturday or Sunday afternoon meetings.

When are you available, Asyr?
  4. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Saturday or Sunday is usually fine. Sometimes I have to work on the weekends, but it really just depends on the date.
  5. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I can be available just about any weekend that is good for you. If it turns out that a week night would be better for some, I should be able to arrange that as well, just might have a munchkin along. :)
  6. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you heard from anyone else interested in coming to the meeting?
  7. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Unfortunately, no. I need to get another set of flyers out and see what happens. When I get them done, I will email you the design so if you want to post any or give them out, you can.
  8. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent! I might be able to get together some people from this area, since there isn't another FanForce chapter around.
  9. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    There were a couple of people from there that were semi-active in the Midrim FF. It will take some work, but I think I may be able to track them down.

It will take me a bit to get the flyer design done as I don't hve much spare time right now. I hope to have it ready and to you some time next week.

I think that as soon as we have at least 3 people willing to meet that we should go ahead, rather than wait. Right now we just need one meeting with at least 3 people to become Official and then we can get this rolling with a CR and such. We can always schedule another meeting shortly thereafter.

How long are you going to be in the area, Asyr?
  10. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I am going to be around until at least May of next year, and I am not sure what will be happening after that. So, for now at least, I'm here.
  11. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, good, I was afraid that you were just here for the summer and then would be off to who knows where in the fall. Do you go to Dickinson?
  12. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I do go to Dickinson, and unfortunately can't go back to India because it's my senior year. :)
  13. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I know of the school because that is where my brother's wife graduated from back in '92. She spent a lot of time over in Russia and Spain during her time at Dickinson because she was a Russian/Spanish double major. Why were you studying in India, similar reasons?

I will be out of state on vacation from the 7th of August until the 14th.

If we can get a third, do you think you'd be available to do a meet before then, or not until the second half of August?
  14. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a Religion/Archaeology major. I want to do Tibetan Studies in grad school...so I went to India. :)

Anyway, the second half of the month would probably be better for me. The research I have been working on all summer is due the 15th...
  15. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well guess who can be that third person. To let you know I'm only 15 so I can't drive but I'm sure one of my parents could drive me. They are always telling me to meet new people. Or I could have my friend bring me because he's a big sw fan to.
  16. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, as you are a minor, I would prefer you to have a parent present for at least the first meeting. We will also have to stick with open public locations for meeting. Which is what is most often done. A restaurant, coffee shop, etc., are the most common places for FFs to meet.

17. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm sure my mom wouldn't mine sticking around.
  18. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    I have good news. I could get 3 people to show up at this ff meeting. My mom and brother are sw fans and they would like to come along. Then there is my friend tony who would come along if I could get him.
  19. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    If you wish to contact me sent your information to lgriebstarwars@aol.com
  20. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    People who count at the meeting have to post regularly on the board. They are welcome to come, but if only you are registered and post of the people that come with you, only you will be included in the number of attendees.

The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss some "business" such as advertising the FF in the area, what things we want to do in the future, and the structure of the group. This is not to say that we won't talk Star Wars. I am looking forward to getting this group going with Ep3 right around the corner. We will have a lot of things to talk about.

I, for one thing, am working on putting together a TIE Pilot costume. I already have a rather simple Jedi costume. Anyone else interested in SW costuming?
  21. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    I would like some stormtrooper armor. But how do I find the pieces.
  22. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Armor ain't cheap. A full set of ST armor and all things needed to make a full ST costume will run in excess of $1000 easily.

The best place to start costuming, especially Imperial costumes, is the 501st. A small snag there, for you, is that they require their members to be at least 18 years old.

23. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys. Are we going to hold our meeting in Lancaster?
  24. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Right now all the registered members are west of the river, so we could hold it in York, unless someone has a particular location in mind in Lancaster.

Let's open the floor for suggestions on locations!
  25. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    York would be great. I only live ten minutes away from the heart of York. But Lancaster would be alright to. Just tell me the time and place and I'll be there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.