main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting to become an official FF

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys glad to hear you are trying to become official :) Please send me the date of the meeting when u have it so I can announce it on TFN for you. Your first 3 meetings need to be announced...... :)

Good luck!
    Just a FYI:
    When Syracuse became official there were a handful of people there who just stumbled across the forum and showed up for the meeting. They never really posted on the boards at first. (they do now) LOL
    We brainwashed them ;)

Hope you guys can get that third meeting in!

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    As I am right in the middle of York and Lancaster, either direction is easy for me to go too. I tend to likethe idea of staying close to major roads/intersections/landmarks. So, I was thinking somewhere along Rte. 30 maybe at either the York Galleria Mall or Park City in Lancaster.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    our group met at a local borders all 3 meets and it was a nice way to get together and chat in person :)
    nothing fancy or major planned...just coffee....was fun.

EDIT: BTW Pittsburgh is having a big get together at kennywood park......not sure how far it is from you but if you can get 3 to go to that ...that might be considered a meeting ;)

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    That's also a good place, there's one near the York Galleria Mall, though I must admit I'm not a coffee drinker and not sure if our 15 year old member should be stunting his growth with so much caffeine. :p :D

We have a lot of options in the area, so speak up folks and we'll nail one down!

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Nothing to worry, I don't drink coffee. But I think the Borders in York would be a great place. I'm there every week pondering over what sw book I should buy next.

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Pete, it's been a while since I was in there, is there a good place for at least several people to sit together and talk? If not, there are plenty of places near there that do. Heck, if it is a really nice day, there is always that park right across the street.

7. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Over near the science fiction section they have a sitting area next to the windows. That would be a good place to sit.

And if it is nice out we could use the park.

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, if that's ok with Elizabeth, we may have found our location for at least our first meeting.

As for a date, I was thinking either the 21st or 22nd.

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I would say the 21st. Because it is sooner.

10. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Dave this doesn't have to do with our meeting but could I get your email address?

11. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Hey guys- I think I'll actually be in the Honey Brook area that weekend, and I've not been to York for um, maybe 15 years. :D Sooo, I will need some very good directions on how to get there.

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Wow, 15 years! :D

Directions won't be hard at all. I think it is as simple as coming down 74 to 30 and head east until you get to the Mt. Zion exit and then turn Left at the offramp and then Left at the light (you will see it on your left next to a Circuit City).

OK, so are we saying that we are going with Aug. 21st at the Borders? If we all say yes, I will contact strawbary and have her add it to the meetings/events to be announced for that weekend.

I am so stoked that just a short time ago I was ready to give up on this FF and here we are about to have our final meeting for becoming Official! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] =D= =D=

I was thinking we would try to have meetings no further apart than every other month, what is ya'll's opinions on this?

13. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Definately no further than every other month apart. That could be stretching it if other people eventually start coming as well. We'll worry about that when we get there though.

Rebel_Spook, are those directions from the Honey Brook area?....

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Uh, no, those directions were from the Carlisle area. I did a directions search from Honey Brook and came up with:

Take West 322 until South 222 then take West 30 until Mt Zion Rd Exit. At the bottom of the exit ramp, you will be at a stoplight, go straight and the turn left into the Border's/Circuit City shopping center.

As you are coming through Lancaster, we could meet in Lancaster, near Park City Mall. This would cut about a half hour off your travel time each way.

I agree that we can definitely do meetings/events more often when we have more members as some won't be able to come everytime do to school, family, work, etc. I was just wanting to set down that with the 3 of us as we are now, we should really work to go no more than a month and a half or so between meetings.

Now to help make everyone understand, there can be times that we do more than just get together and talk. We can go to movies, have picnics/cookouts at public parks, or even charity events.

15. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Ok to make it official I Scott can meet with you in York/Lancaster for our meeting on the 21st. Now since we will meet half way, can we just meet up at the Park City Mall?

16. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Rebel_spook, Asyr and I were talking about the meeting. We've all decided that the meeting is on the 21st but we needed a place to meet. Well not anymore we decided on the Borders next to Park City in Lancaster. Now we need your input to make this official.

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    You all were talking behind my back?!? How could you?!? This sounds of mutiny! :mad:

OK, just kidding. :p ;)

Cool, that sounds good to me. I will pass the news along to strawbary to post it on the upcoming FF meetings/events list.

As it turns out, that is the first place I ever met with a fellow FF member, but unfortunately we were the only 2 members present, so it wasn't an official FF meeting. That was from the old Midrim FanForce, that was shutdown and the York/Lancaster board replaced.

Oh, one more thing, we need to decide on a time to meet, now that we have date and location locked in.

18. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I feel the afternoon would be a good time for me. Well since my mom is driving it's a good time for her. For me anytime around 1:00 or 1:30 PM.

19. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    I don't really have any time preference.

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Ok then, we'll go with 1 PM on August 21st at the Borders in Lancaster behind Park City Mall.

This is great, ya'll! =D=

EDIT-- I have sent the PM to strawbary telling her of our meeting plans. :D

21. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Good news everyone our meeting has been listed on the official FF page. Now all we can do is hope someone else out there will see it and make contact. We need all the people we can get. To continue our growing FF.

22. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
  23. EricDraven

EricDraven Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    Pre-congratulations and good luck! We just scheduled our first meeting, ironically enough on the 21st also. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to work together in the future after our clubs get on their feet. All the best!

Joe

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Thanks, Joe, I have been watching what you guys have been doing, it is great to see another FF getting started.

Linking up for something in the future is a definite possibility.

25. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    It would be really cool if we could tighten up the gaps in PA and really have a nice power base like some of the other states (i.e. cali).

Joe (I changed from EricDraven).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.