main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Meeting to see The Hulk--Saturday, June 21

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by anakin_girl, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    OK, folks, here it is.

We're going to meet to see The Hulk on Saturday, June 21, at whatever showing is closest to 7 p.m, at Regal Cinemas off I-485. (As soon as showing times are announced, I'll post that.) I suggest that we meet for dinner at 5 p.m. before the film at a restaurant in Stonecrest Shopping Center--suggestions anyone?

Post on this thread or PM me "yay" or "nay" so we'll know whether or not to expect you. :) Hope to see a good crowd there!

2. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Well I won't be able to attend. Mainly because it's in Charlotte, and neither of my parents will go to Charlotte. And I won't have my liscense until July 31st, but I won't be able to do much then anyways since Cross Country season practice's start about the middle of July.

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I MIGHT come, but I'm grounded at the moment, so it's not seeming likely. But if I DO end up seeing it, I'll be there.

?Eaglet

4. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    We'll be there! :D

According to Fandango, there will be a 7pm showing of The Hulk on Saturday, June 21 at Stonecrest. Unfortunately, the direct link on Fandango is a secure server link so I couldn't provide a lazy link directly to the ticket order screen.

As for dinner beforehand, that sounds great! I'd suggest either Miro (a great Spanish place located in Stonecrest) or China Bistro (great Chinese food). Anyone else have suggestions?

5. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    My vote is for Spanish. :)

Greg--I can't imagine what you did to get yourself grounded, but plead for clemency/leniency. :p Hope to see you there.

I've PMed a few others so hopefully they'll pop in.

6. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    MWAHAHAHA!!

I'm going to an advance showing of Hulk tomorrow night. I'll probly still try and join you guys, but I still wanted to brag. :D [face_devil]

?Eaglet

7. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Brag away...just come Saturday and don't spoil us before then. ;)

Five o'clock for dinner--and is Spanish good for everyone? Speak now or forever hold your peace. :)

Still waiting on a response from Cartooncheryl--the others haven't checked their PMs.

8. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Rats, I'm out... I have a wedding on Saturday. Hope you guys have fun!! :)

9. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    Looks like The Hulk is getting good reviews so far. Aintitcoolnews seemed fairly complimentary of the film overall. :)

10. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yay.
    JUst PM me your number and I will call you and also PM your name so we can meet up.

11. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    My short and spoiler-free review of HULK:

GO. SEE. THIS. FILM.

Ang Lee has done an absolutely brilliant job of making a GREAT film, comic book film or not. Some of the shots he shoots, the vistas we see, could belong in one of those coffee table books with nature pictures in them, if not for the big green monster in the centre.

Lee has crafted a story of repressed emotions and memories, a topic not delt with enough in film, and when it is, not to the greatness that Lee has pulled off. Eric Bana does the acting job of his life.

Connelly is beautiful and strong, not as damsel-in-distressy as Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man, not as over-the-top as Jennifer Garner in DareDevil.

The other minor characters also do a wonderful job, especially Nick Nolte as David Banner.

The only quibble I had was with the Hulk CG, which was not perfect all the time. But when you get right down to it, hes a big green monster, so who am I to tell them they didn't get him perfect?

All in all, Hulk is a masterpiece, a film they will be talking about in 20 years.

?Eaglet

12. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    Directions to Stonecrest:

Take your favorite flavor to I-485. You will want exit 59 (Rea Rd.) and you won't be able to miss the big Regal Cinemas visible from the freeway on the left (if you are coming from Monroe) or on the right (if you are coming from northern Charlotte).

There is a light on Rea Road to enter Stonecrest, to your right (there will be a gas station and Applebees to your left.)

Once inside, take the first parking lot to your right and you can't miss Miro, it will be right in front of you.

Spose we can meet at the bar inside :)

(These directions are brought to you by Mrs. Singularity :D)

13. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Done. I'll be there at 5:00 thereabouts.

I'll post something Saturday morning to let you know what I'm wearing so that you can look for me if you haven't seen me before.

Lazious: We'd love to see you there, and hope these directions will work for you. If you need anything else, send a PM to either myself or Singularity. I don't give out my phone number before we've met--I'm sure you understand. :)

Greg: Since the movie was so good, I'll expect you to come see it again with us. ;) Thanks for your review. :)

14. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    At this point, it looks like we have six people (me, my wife, eagle, anakin_girl, her husband, lazious). Let me know if anyone else is coming so we can make a reservation at Miro's. See ya there. :)

15. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Oh, I can't go. :(

I'm gonna be in Greensboro tomorrow. :(

?Eaglet

16. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    You infidel! j/k

17. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Greg:

GREENSBORO!?! What could be in Greensboro that's more important than coming with us?

Anyway, Lazious and Singularity and Mrs. Singularity: Mr. a_g will be on the job, but I'll see you at the bar at Miro at 5. I'll be wearing beige capris and a black top. My pic is in my bio. :)

Anyone else who would like to join us, PM me or Singularity before 4--or hell, just show up at 5 and look for us. Fitting in one more shouldn't be a problem. :)

18. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    GREENSBORO!?! What could be in Greensboro that's more important than coming with us?

Great-grandmother's 85th birthday party...it was rather important to my Dad.

So what'd you all think of the film?

?Eaglet

19. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars. I won't divulge any spoilers but I thought the screenplay did a good job creating a dynamic movie rather than making what could easily have been two hours of over-the-top carnage. The camera work and editing were extraordinary. I also thought the movie pushed the envelope of PG-13 pretty hard.

20. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    It wasn't bad, and had good CGI.. and how they made the film seem like a comic kicked arse. I liked it quite a bit, but I wouldn't pay to see it again.

:)

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.