main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Meeting VI: March 9th, 10am-12pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    This is really a meeting for all the new members we hope to have gained on the 28th. The reason it goesfor two hours is so that people who can't come to the first time can come to the second.

It will be held in the Library Group room. I'll post what's going to come up at the meeting later.

Locked per CR request

2. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Sounds great, I'll be there.

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I know you will, you are sitting right next to me. :p

4. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And to think - a little while back and I'd be on the other side, instead of the other side of the world. *Sigh* the good ol' dayz...

To business - did you happen to get a 'newbie pack' compiled yet? Maybe I could help with something like that. I have to warn you though - my laptop is still out of action and this computer does not have publisher, photoshop and the like. Crikey - it does not even have word. But I could work on the contents until our install disks arrive in the post.

5. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    No, not yet. We're working on the stand. There will be photos!

6. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Yay! Then the 'pics' page of the site won't be blank!

7. ForceChixs

ForceChixs Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    *waves frantically* Hi! I joined today - the 28th! I will definetly be there as long as I can, though stupid lessons might nix it.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Welcome to the FF ForceChix, feel free to go to our social thread the Trade Federation Cantina where anything goes.

This thread is primarily about the upcoming meeting next Thursday. Viceroy and I will have the metting-before-themeeting to set the rough agenda sometime tomorrow between classes, but what we basically need to do is elect office bearers, discuss the upcoming event on the 17th and basically ask everyone what they would want to do as an FF.

We also have Rebestormer's offer of a lightsaber training day. he will come up from Hobart if we ask him.

9. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Could you add the website to the agenda please?

I think by now that most ppl have seen it (if you haven't pls go here: www.cyberartspace.com/FFTas)

You guys can formally decide whether or not to accept it (at its very unfinished stage) and officially designate the task.

As to who to designate it to, I don't mind doing it by my lonesome, however JawaPro has very kindly offered his knowledgeable help. If you're still interested in this particular site, then I think the best way forward would be to elect us both as 'website technicians' or something like that. Then we can work on it together and with our forces combined we can take over the...*Ahem* Yes, as I was saying...

As for the content of the page, such as the 'About Tas' and 'Star Wars' etc. I reckon that we could come up with the best result if everybody who wants to pitches in a bit. If someone feels like writing up the whole page, then they definetly should. If others want to leave it up to us, that of course is okay as well. I just feel like I'm hogging it at the moment. I wrote out the other content mainly to see how the site would work in terms of layout, so if you want to change any of that it's perfectly okay.

Maybe you could bring these things up in the next meeting, then whatever the outcome, we can get the site finished and up sooner.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Don't worry, Amaya, the website is on the agenda.

After the meeting next week I'll dispense the titles.

As for the content, well I like it but we can see what everyone else says about it as well.

11. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    The first meeting of 2006. I wasn't able to post the issues that arose out of the meeting yesterday because the Internet out at uni was down due to a fire in the IT Department on the Hobart campus.

However, in the meeting yesterday it was agreed upon that the proposed trivia night for March 17 should be postponed to a later date until we get more members and then FFTAS can become an affliliated uni society and get funding from the university. We proposed having it at the uni bar on either a Thursday or a Friday .

We proposed having a Saga screening night for May 4th in the Seafarers Lounge at the AMC next to the uni. But the Saga night has to be reserved for members and their family and friends etc. due to copyright and related laws.

We plan to hold a raffle to raise funds for functions. We thought of having a raffle last year but didn't go ahead because we needed a permit for the gov't. But we have found out that we can have one without permit as long as we have prizes no greater than $500 and the total value of the prizes can't exceed one third of tickets sold. So that will be going ahead hopefully soon.

A joint meeting with the people from Hobart was considered and needs to be arranged two weeks before proposed date so we'll keep you people down in hobart in touch about when we propose that meeting.

Lastly we're thinking of holding a social event before May 4th so we'll keep everyone update when that comes around.

The next meeting will be on Wednesday March 29th at 3pm.

MTFBWY.

12. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Sorry I wasnt able to make it to the meeting. I am doing a Project as part of my Uni course, and it's taking a LOT more of my time than I expected.

Anyway - what was decided about the website? Is it a go?

And does anyone feel like they would like to contribute some content?

13. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Aug 16, 2005
    Basically you and Amaya Unduli have free rein. When you got something show it to us, we'll comment and then go ahead with it. Basically we need to get it up there.

14. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Ok.

I'll try and find some time to work on it then.

Thanks.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Will you be able to come to the next meeting? We deliberately made it a wednesday as a Thursday was bad for most people.

Azreal can't come for obvious reasons.

16. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Wednesdays are normally fine for me. Between 11 and 3.30 anyway. So I'll be able to be there for 30 min anyway.

It was just that things got pretty hectic for me lately and I completely forgot about the meeting - sorry. I was actually in Hobart on that day as it happens, but I'll normally be around uni here.

I should be able to come - but if something happens (like a client meeting for the project or something) then I wont make it.

But yeah - assuming no other problems I'll be there.

But then again, I assume too much...

17. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I have obvious reasons??????

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Well, you're working that why you can't come to meetings isn't it? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.