main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Meeting???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Someone said they were going to host the next shindig in February. That doesn't look like it's happening. I need to get the world's creepiest SW toy to a certain Vader.

So what about March? I'm unavailable the last two weeks. How about earlier in the month?

2. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I am still planning on holding a gaming meeting soon. I won't know anything definite until I see how much I can get done this week. Also, I thought people might be more interested in a general meeting first since not everyone's interested in gaming. This would allow any new poster or old ones to come.

Saturday, March 10, is bad for me because its my Grandpa's B-Day. Probably take him out to eat or something that day. Otherwise I'm open.

3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, Bobafemme, I just happened to think of a great idea for a social get-together!

Bobafemme, our fun,hard-working, dedicated fellow poster and book club organizer is having a birthday on Feb 25th!

Let's all get together and wish her a happy birthday the following Saturday, March 3rd. I'm thinking meet at Mall of America for dinner and a movie! Bobafemme, do you have any suggestions dinner place and movie?

And I'd love to welcome new posters to this get-together! The more the merrier! Please post or email me if you're interested!

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Sounds great to me. How about Hooters?

5. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Great idea. And it works for me.

6. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I meant Mara's was a great idea, not the Hooters. Although where ever Femme wants to eat is fine with me.

7. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Actually, I abhor Hooters. I'm open to any other suggestions.

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
  9. KursariGama

KursariGama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000

Stupid Question:
    Then why did you suggest it?

Or if this was meant as a joke...how about a strip joint?

Or the sewers?

A giant trash can?

On the moon?

With a 'coon?

Without spoons?

Man, can I go off on a tangent...

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    I will not go to Hooters with a goat!

I will not go to Hooters in a boat!

I do not like Hooters!

I do not like it, Sam I Am!

11. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Well Lisa:

What do you like to DO in a boat?
    What do you like to DO with a goat?
    What do you like to DO?
    What do you like to DO anywhere (with Sam I Am?)?

;) Sorry. Couldn't resist.

12. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I really don't like to do anything with goats!

And I don't know any Sam I Ams!

As for the rest... no comment! :)

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    What movie? I might possibly be interested, as long as it wasn't Hannibal. Sorry to say, the whole idea of a movie about a cannibal sickens me- ESPECIALLY if the movie is seen before the meal.

~*~Bria

14. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    I really loved "Silence of the Lambs", but from what I heard of "Hannibal", it is beyond my tolerance for gore! On my way to work the other day I listened to a radio DJ describe one scene from that movie and I literally got a little nauseous just from hearing it described!

So, unless the Birthday Girl is really begging for Hannibal, it WON'T be that one! I'll look at the newspaper tomorrow morning (well really it's today) and post some suggestions!

I'm glad to hear you're thinking of coming!

15. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    To quote my favorite FF moderator: I'm flexible.

16. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Saturday, March 3 MIGHT work for me. I'm getting together with someone else that weekend, I'm just not sure which day yet. I shall let you all know before then.

17. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd be happy to work around your schedule Vader2000. I need to get this creepy thing out of my house and into yours.

18. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    I definitely wouldn't suggest Hannibal. That was the movie that we went to last weekend. Absolutely gross.

19. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Oh yeah, I meant to comment on the movie too. Hannibal was a gigantic waste of $7.50 and I hope no one else decides to add to its gross take at the box office anymore. Anything else has to be better.

20. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    V2k, I hope you can make it. Let us know if Friday, March 2nd would be better. That may work for all of us too.

Update on what's currently playing at Mall of America.

Sweet November
    Down to Earth
    Recess: School's Out (oh please no!)
    Hannibal (nope)
    Saving Silverman
    The Wedding Planner
    Valentine
    Snatch
    Chocolat (I know BF has already seen that one)
    Save the Last Dance
    Double Take
    Traffic
    O Brother, Where Art Thou? (I think BF has seen this one already too)
    Cast Away

Two that I'll say right off the bat that I want to see are Traffic and Snatch. I also heard from one person that The Wedding Planner is good. Of course, who knows what will be playing two weeks from now, so this is just a preliminary list to get a feel for what everyone wants. So far I think we can rule out Hannibal!

21. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Sure "Hannibal" was gross. Sure it was really over-the-top. Sure it was disturbing as hell. But "Silence of the Lambs" was too (although I will admit it wasn't as good as that film). People should have known what they were getting into.I liked it (I realize I'm in the minority here). Anthony Hopkins is one of my favorite actors and he once again is fantastic. And Julianne Moore is great too (about 10 minutes into it I stopped thinking about Jodie Foster). Gary Oldman is excellent also. Its the scenery chewing acting that makes it a good film in my book (okay, bad choice of words there).

Still, I'm not rushing to see it again. I mean, I can only take so much. :)

22. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Finally, I will soon hear about the creepiest SW toy. I'm on tenterhooks!

23. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm out for Sweet November, it sounds like pure sappy crap.

24. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Sweet November was very good. I liked it.

~*~Bria

25. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Kursari, darling, it's called sarcasm. And it doesn't always translate to type well. I think Mara gets the joke, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.