main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Are we going to try and have a meeting this month? We need to decide what we wanna do. :)

2. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    I would certainly like to have a meeting. I do have some business to present. However, if it doesn't happen, I can just post it here.

3. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I have some things to present as well, regarding Jedicon...

:)

4. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I'm up for it, I was waiting for everyone else to decide when and where.

Lee

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey gang :) Just popping in to say hi!

6. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Hi! *waves* :)

7. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Hi Meriwyn!

All,

Sorry Ive been out of the loop lately, but work has been real demanding. In fact, I'm about to start another overtime action here in a few minutes.

Meetings are becoming a real chore to get setup. With so few people, it's more and more important for everyone to attend who can. Seems every month we spend weeks trying to find the perfect time and place for each meeting. We have tried to do the default meeting time/place thing in the past, but perhaps it's time to again look to this solution. I still think that having a meeting in the same time and place every month allows everyone to try and keep that clear on their schedule. However, this group is about you, the members. And so I turn to you all. Please help out with our current meeting troubles. Please post your ideas for what you would like to see the scheduling for the meeting each month happen.

Also, we have all the source material to do something fun at each meeting like the Star Wars RPG, etc. I would like to see us have a fun Star Wars related activity to each meeting to go along with the club business and our usual hanging out.

Well, enough of my rambling.

Rap

8. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    The idea of having a set day, place and time each month seems to make the most sense. It works very well for the Model Railroad club. We meet every third Thursday, at 6:30pm second floor Clarksburg library. Because we're set on that time and day it's easy to tell prospective new members where and when we meet. Plus I know each month without thinking about it and I just block it out on my calendar.

That doesn't mean that sometimes we don't decide to do something different. One meeting we met at the Mason Machine shop on RT 19, and we all rode this really cool homebuilt steam train they have there.

At any rate none of that was meant to advertise the railroad club, but simply to illustrate how we do things.

Just my two cents..
    Lee

9. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I like the idea of a set date/time too. It makes things a lot easier I think... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.