main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by Alybrylla, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I just posted the story to FF main.

I hope all goes well. :) Also, I'd appreciate it if someone would post on the boards who all showed up.

Thanks!

2. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Bobafemme.

Now that this has been decided whats new with everyone lately???

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, Thanks Erica. You are the greatest.
    Not much new. Same old grind but am looking forward to Saturday and meeting you all.

4. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    Any ideas on what were going to talk about.

5. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    From my experience, that usually takes care of itself. We seemed to find things to talk about on the boards. Unless we are all much shyer than we seem, it shouldn't be a problem. Or we can discuss Vaderclone's gifts.

6. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Thanks Bobafemme :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow!

7. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, we had our meeting. Ally, Vaderclone and I showed up. We missed you Jedimaster. You missed out on the gifts John brought. So, Erica, does three at a meeting count as a official one or not? Either way, it was nice to meet you both. I love to talk Star Wars. You just have to tell me to shutup if I go overboard.

8. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Three counts as a meeting IF the three people that show up are posting members on the board.

9. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    MaraJoan, you don't have to worry about rambling on. It is nice to meet someone enthusiastic and passionate about Star Wars as I am. Ally, don't be afraid to jump on in whenever you want. Just because Joan and I are old farts, (Joan being the oldest fart by the way) (haha) doesn't mean anything. It was nice to meet the both of you. Can't wait until Monday night, after work I am going to Wal-Mart and getting the DVD. Crank up the home theater system and watch some Clones kick some butt.

later...

10. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I still need the DVD player but I will probably buy the DVD (on principle of course).

11. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Joan, you weren't rambling! Don't worry about it. :)
    Did you ever think of the name of that movie, by the way?
    And you two are not old farts! :p
    You're younger than my parents, thus you are not old. :)

It was fun meeting the both of you. :)
    Lambda, I hope next time you'll be able to come as well.

Question - do any of you have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit?

12. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    I have SW Trivial Pursuit.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Of course I have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. The name of the movie with William Shatner is "Free Enterprise" and it is totally bizarre but amusing. Not as good as the Jay and Silent Bob movies which you, Ally, need to see at some point.

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Three people in real life counts. :) I'm glad that you were able to finally meet in person. It should be a lot easier once the holiday season is over.

:)

15. VadersClone

Apr 13, 2002
    I also own Star Wars Trivia. But sadly have only played it a couple of times. Seems my friends don't like getting there butts kicked.
    I am going to have to check out that movie Marajoan. Do you think that Hollywood Video would have it?
    I can't believe, I am able to watch AOTC anytime I want. This is so cool. I haven't even had time to check out all the extra's yet, because work has been so busy, but hopefully this weekend I will.

later...

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    My Star Wars trivia met a tragic end on the way to Filmcon in Madison. (actually only a half a block from my house). I entrusted this, a most prized possession, to my fourteen year old son and he set it on the roof of the car so that he wouldn't spill the food and drink he was holding. He forgot it and it fell off the roof and scattered to the four winds of my neighborhood. We never found R2D2 or the other pieces. (sobs for a moment and slowly wipes tears from eyes before continuing). Now i must live without my SW Trivial Pursuit. Beyond that, I had a good time at Filmcon and the Wisconsin Fanforce kicked all but Digital Llama radio and the trivia guy's butt. Ask me about him when I see you.

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    What happened to Green Bay? Are you all mourning the demise of the once invincible Packers? Brett threw today's game a way, literally.

18. VadersClone

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey everyone, just wanted to wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Work has been really busy, usually is before the Holidays, so that's where I've been. As for the Packers, don't worry MaraJoan, this week it's the Bears and an easy win. I expected them to lose the last two games. If anyone is interested, Friday, Toysrus, is having a sale on all the small figures $2.99. So, go get some to play with while your watching the DVD.

later...

19. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    It is nice to see that Green Bay has not been discouraged by the last two weeks of losses. The Minnesota game was bad because we were in Madison with the Minnesota Fanforce rubbing in the loss.

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Where are you people?????????

21. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm here!
    I'm sorry to hear about your Trivia game Mara. :(

I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving! :)

22. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I'll survive. I just pout at my son every so often to make him feel guilty. It gets the dishes done pretty well. My Thanksgiving was fine but I wish we had stayed home. It would have been less tiring.

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    [face_laugh] Excellent way to use the power of the guilt trip, Joan! :D

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Hello, Green Bay!!!!!!!!! Where are you all?

Yes, John. I am an expert at the use of guilt. I will make a great mother-in-law some day.

25. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    Hello, hello Im here. I've been very busy lately and will be busier in the weeks to come.
    How is everyone?
    Ready for Christmas?
    Ready for Episode 3? It is rumored that Episode III is set to release on May 25, 2005; the 20th anniversary of Star Wars.

I'll try to post more but as I said above, life's a hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.