main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Meetings all over state, CIII whos in or out, midnight show

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I have three topics to go over with you.
    Ok here's an idea, over the next few weeks I personally would like to meet every one of you and am willing to do what it takes to do that. First I know that all of you cant make it to Little Rock for a single meeting. So I propose that there be two meetings maybe even three L.R., J'ville area , Conway, FT. Smith area, Hot Springs, Malvern area. Anyone is invited and encouraged to show up at any or all meetings I will be. Conway and Ft. Smith could have a meeting in Russellville its kind of half way. L.R. J'ville could have a meeting in any of the surrounding areas. Hot Springs and Malvern probably Hot Springs would be the best choose unless you wanted to join L.R. we could meet South L.R..
    Some Ideas could be bowling, just get together for lunch somwhere. Whatever just remember this will be the first time most of you will meet so you want a activity that you all can talk and have fun.

CIII who is going and where are you staying so maybe we can plan a gettogether in Indianapolis. If you dont have a place to stay contact me and maybe I can get you hooked up in a hotel where others from the state are staying. I also need to know what day and time you are planning on leavingfor CIII so maybe we can caravan.

Also looking for ideas on the midnight showing if there is one around here. Who plans on being there, who can be there several hours early for games and fun, also is anyone dressing up.

Ok I am sending PM's to everyone to get them here to answer these questions please send PM to me ASAP.
    L.R. J'ville Conway Ft. Smith
    Nyborg13 Carlisle Deja-Vu Conway
    ShadowScout04 Carlisle Wicket1138 Conway
    Jedi_Master_Vader Little Rock danielarnold Alma
    Otisdodge L.R. Memphis CodyMonKenobi VanBuren
    ForceConduit J'ville leander FT Smith
    Sithsarbad J'ville
    Kynstar J'ville
    Ramon J'ville

Hot Springs Malvern
    Red Handed_Jill Malvern
    byrdnest Malvern
    Elan-Rai Hot Springs
    Die_Jedi_Dogs Hot Springs
    Cronel Hot Springs

We also have SKYWLKR_70 Rogers
    Darth Confederate Texarkana
    who are always invited to any of our meetings and we will work to get you a group as soon as possible.

Your scared CR/Pres.
    Nyborg13
    Henry

2. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Not going to CIII. I am in high school, and can't really miss out. Plus I may be having AP testing.

I am totally down for meeting in J'ville. Just whenever works for you bro. I have no job and a lot of free time. I also have tons of friends who are fans but just not members of this site. They would probably be intrested in joining with us.

As for a Midnight showing, I am down. I say the Rave will be the most likly place to have it.

I am so excited about our fan force, and hope we can get the ball rolling soon. This should be pretty freaking awesome when we really start doing stuff together. My birthday 17th birthday is April 25, if anyone wants to throw me a party. :)

-Ryan

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Most def going to CIII staying at the Day's Inn off I70 (forgot the bloody street...) but it was charging like $75 a night. So not sure if that is cheap or not. The hotel ain't all that spiffy - was there for GenCon. But it has a bed/shower/TV/small frig/small nuker so that was more than enough for me hehehe.

I'll be dressing up ;) Jedi outfit of course ;) hehehe perhaps we can meet in the Hyperspace room? That is if any of you are Hyperspace members if not perhaps we can some how get together there.

As for meeting in Jacksonville or Little Rock that will work for me. :D

As for midnight showing - :oops: of course I'll be there! And dressed up too! It is the last movie so why not? ;)

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Oh yes. I am so there for the midnight showing, assuming we have one. We should bring board games and stuff to play while waiting in line.

Has anyone contacted the radio stations about possibly promoting this bad boy? If they know about it, I am sure they would be all for helping us get the ball rolling. I mean, it IS free exposure for them.

As for C3 - tickets ordered. I'll be there Wednesday night through Sunday morning. I gotta head back to get some rest b/c of work on Monday. :( But, It'll be a blast.

I'm not a Hyperspace member, so I won't be allowed in their room - BUT, there IS a FANFORCE party that Friday night. Check out the C3 board and sign up. I got to meet a lot of new friends there at C2.

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I believe I mentioned to Henry that I will be in Little rock sometime during the week of March 5-13--possibly the whole time. If we could plan a LR area thing, or Conway or maybe even Hot Springs, during that time I could probably be there.

I will most likely be in LR for the opening of E3, so I am down and definitely think that the Rave is the best option, but Breckenridge ain't bad either.

My best friend used to be in the radio business in LR, so he might be able to give me some names and/or phone numbers...

We should talk to the manager or owner of the Rave to see about setting up some sort of larger event--wouldn't it be cool if we had a big tent party in the parking lot all day?!

Will be at C3. Traveling and rooming with friends from the Memphis FanForce--leaving Wednesday night and coming back Sunday night, maybe Monday morning. Either way I am not going to be at school Monday--sleeping in if we come home Sunday. ;)

Hoping to meet up with SW friends from around the world, mostly from Yodasnews.com--honestly, I won't be worried if I don't see any AR or Memphis people the whole time because I can see y'all the rest of the year. So I vote no on an AR party in Indianapolis--maybe a rehash, show your loot and pictures party sometime thereafter, before E3?

Going to Dragon Con in September. Interested in talking to anyone who is thinking about going there.

So, to restate my original paragraph--Sometimes I think in the form of Chiasmus. A meeting on Saturday the 5th or Friday or Saturday the 11th or 12th would be a possibility and/or maybe even one in between.

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweet otisdodge! Perhaps I'll see you there at C3 then :D Yeah I vote for meeting afterward too to show off our stuffles! I know I'm gonna buy at least $200 worth of tickets for autographs hehe I have so few ;) I've only one one SW and it isn't even a main character [face_blush] I soooooooooo hope Christopher Lee will be there!! This will be my first Star Wars (juz SW) convention that I've ever attended. I've attended several Star Trek ones and GenCons. But never a straight SW one! So this will be new for me :D

That'd be cool if we could meet prior to C3 :) I'd like that. And it would be nice to meet new faces. If it is set up early enough I can see if Ramon can attend. His working hours are erratic as he is only a part timer right now.

7. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I'm always up for a meeting. Just need to know when and where! J'Ville and Little Rock work best for me.

I'm attending Celebration III for the entire four days. I'm staying at the Best Inn on South Harding. Used Orbitz and my room was only $45 and $50 depending on the time of week. Great rate though. I'm only 4 miles from the center. I wonder what parking will be like though? Anyone remember what C2 was like? I'll be dressed up for C3 most of the time.

The Rave is the place I.M.O. for the screening party!!

Hello to everyone, especially to Kynstar and our new "master" Nyborg.

Let the Mayhem for Star Wars begin!!!

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Parking wasn't too bad for C2. It all comes down to just how far you're willing to walk. If you want an "up close and personal" slot, then you'll either #1) wait forever for it to open up, or #2) pay $10-$15 a day for it. We were pretty lucky for C2. Just a ways down the street were parking spaces available, but NO ONE WAS WATCHING IT or CHARGING FOR IT. Strange, I know - but it's true. Heck, my friend Tracy even had it recorded (we recorded EVERYTHING from C2) about how cool it was to have free parking not even 100 yards from the convention center. I don't know if we'll be so lucky this time 'round. We'll see.

As for meeting, I wasn't really implying an Arkansas meet. The FanForce party is for all the fans of FanForces across the globe. It'll be cool, trust me. But I do agree with ya, Otis. An Arkansas meeting at C3 is kinda moot. We'll see each other plenty between now and then and after. ;)

Here's the link to the sign-up for the FanForce party.

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Come on people I've only heard from about 7 people so far. And it looks like almost all of us are going to CIII. Just to clear up somthing I didnt mean a full blown meeting in Indy just a get together maybe for supper at McDonalds or somplace just to go over things you done or seen. That way if someone overlooks somthing they didnt know about then the next day they know where to go. There was a few things at CII we didnt know anything about till we got back and was looking at other peoples picture online. Thats all

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I hear ya, Henry. I am all for it. Just let me know the place and time. Heck, why don't we just hook up at the FanForce party at the link above? It is fully catered man! :D Plus, all the convention area stuff is closed down when the party begins.

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ramon is supposedly gonna try to attend CIII as well so that'll be cool :) depending on if he can close on the following day after midnight showing will depend if he can show up for the movie. Hope he can :) Though he won't be dressed up. He's too chicken! [face_mischief] we'll have to break him of that won't we? ;) oh well. I'll not tease him too badly, I know others who will be attending the midnight showing and aren't gonna dress up. So I guess I can't harass him too much

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    We can start a new thread if we want to, but we had FanForce T-Shirts made up for the event back in Nashville. Henry, I can bring my example to our next meeting or whenever you want to hook up. It didn't cost a whole lot and would be a nice keepsake to wear to the line party. Plus, if we have an artist in the group, someone could draw up something sweet. Anywho, let me know what you all think.

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Unfortunately my skills of drawing lies mainly in animals... people I seem to be not able to grasp :(

But hey... shirts... that'd be sweet! Wonder where we could get one made/bought/done up. Shoot we still gotta come up with a 'name' for us still don't we?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, we need a name. Right now it's just FanForce Arkansas. I mean, FFA doesn't sound bad, really. But, it'd be nice to have some type of associative name to it. (a la Nashville FanForce = Nashville After Darth =NAD=)

I can check around and see what I can come up with here. If some of you guys could scout out the NLR, LR & J'ville areas, we might be able to find a pretty good deal.

15. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Well when we get closer to an idea I'll check with a friend here in town who owns a t-shirt shop, or maybe even do them ourselves, we have had good luck with the transfers. The Fan Force dinner sounds like a good idea, where do we sign up.

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
  17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh yeah I forgot one for the list at the top. Who has or would be willing to get like an AOL instant messager there free and we could have a Star Wars buddy list so we could tell when someone is online. It might alittle easier to contact each other. I know some of you may get online everyday but may not check the boards so it's several days before we hear from you. Course then you have people like me that never log off I'm always on and the boards are always min. at the bottum of the screen.

18. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    My AIM screen name is

CutFromTheTeam88

IM me anytime

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    My AIM is PadawanDarce I'm not on much really though...

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Regarding lodging for C3:

Penzar will have to jump in here to state exactly where we're staying for C3, but I believe it is the Motel 6 near the airport. It is only a few miles from downtown near the convention center.

21. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Its pretty bad I ask for yours and didnt leave mine.
    It's Nyborg13
    WOW, I think I've heard that somwhere before.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm staying at a Day's Inn that is only costing me $54 a night ;) it's right off of Shadeylane Ave I think which is right off of I70

23. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Yep, Elan-Rai and I are staying at the Motel 6 close to the airport. It's 6 miles from the convention center. Only seven short weeks away!!

24. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    don't say that! I have a helluvalot to do before then!

25. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I will be attending CIII also in Hot Springs we will be having a "camp" at the local movie theater. We've done it for ep. I, II, and III. Its always lots of fun and hyjinks. We have a cooler and TV and Fridge and have the star wars movies going non stop till showtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.